Bioware Needs a Hug

Revy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

...So much hate no wonder it takes Blizzard 40 years to make a game.

...]for one think for their first MMO, they are doing a decent Job.

...So, I am giving Bioware a Hug

- At least Blizzard gets it right. Mostly. Bioware games are all fun and all, but gameplay and mechanics-wise, since Baldurs Gate II, gameplay (by Bioware) has just been going downhill. They are good at creating engaging digital experiences - Mass Effect 2 final mission is just pure epic stuff - , but their gameplay design is just BAD. Ive played I think all major BW's titles and they all have two things in common: excellent and engrossing stories, bad and clunk gameplay mechanics. Now that they venture in to the MMO it just becomes so aparent...

- Yeah, the question is: is their job good enough to make you pay 13 € per month to play an "unfinished" product? Sure, MMO's "are never finished" but this one doesnt even have chat bubbles or a 21st century UI. This one has TONS of say, i7 users that cant get past 10-15 FPSs in WZs.

- Hug? They should hug ME (the player) for giving them another month out of pure faith and a "thank you" mainly for having their name on the credits of the greatest RPGof all time (Baldurs Gate II) .After the constant disapointments in adressing the game's core issues, I can actually understand why some people are giving up.

Your computer is garbage.

http://i.imgur.com/dCQQU.jpg

That's a jpg.

Ugh! Yeah that's what we bought!

Now take a pic during the cutscenes. That's what they sold us.

Fake advertisement.

Here, let me make it easy for you.

http://cdn.gamefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/torhirez-1-9-2012.jpg

Imagine how cool your char would look. Still think BW deserves a hug?

Again, it's a jpg.

As in, the picture quality is severely diminished. My game looks nothing like that. In fact, my game looks amazing.

You're either a bad troll or you have a bad computer. Either way, bad disgusts me.

I'm sure the screenshot magically became worse between taking it and posting it online for all to see. Clearly the universe is conspiring against you... because that makes so much more sense than the fact that the game doesn't look as advertised.

For further reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

Edited by DannyInternets

blizz takes "40 years" to make a game because they're not scared to develop a game to the point where they think it meets the quality, gamers like us, expect from them. They understand the need to maintain their brand and how to push back and say you know what, let's put a little more time into this.

blizz takes "40 years" to make a game because they're not scared to develop a game to the point where they think it meets the quality, gamers like us, expect from them. They understand the need to maintain their brand and how to push back and say you know what, let's put a little more time into this.

I don't know if you remember correctly, but during the end of 2011, tons of people over forums cried for SWTOR to come earlier than 2012. Majority in fact. And a lot of them stated that they wouldn't want to purchase the game if it was released in 2012, preferring to wait for GW2 instead.

Plus, pragmatically, GW2 is vowed to wipe the whole scene out when it will be released. EA couldn't take that risk of being over-shadowed. They bet on Christmas, which is logical.

When you look at it nearly all the latest AAA games waited for November-Christmas to launch.

Edited by kineticdamage

I'm sure the screenshot magically became worse between taking it and posting it online for all to see. Clearly the universe is conspiring against you... because that makes so much more sense than the fact that the game doesn't look as advertised.

For further reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

JPG is a very low standard for images. You're not smart.

To all the haters out there, lets not forget the ridiculous bugs that reared their ugly head within the first 6 months of WoW. I was on the Stormrage server and in the beginning there were nights were the game was completely unplayable due to server lag (there were nights where my ping would be steadily over 1000, before you all say it was me, it was the server and was verified). The ability to stay in game and actually do stuff in game far exceeds small bugs here or there, and for a newbie in the MMO community, Bioware is doing an excellent job.

Good job so far Bioware *salute* Just please fix my quests on ilum, going to a box and having it say this object is busy when there is clearly no one around is a little frustrating, thankfully it is not part of the quest line that unlocks the dailies.

Are they increasing server caps daily?

Because the servers are becoming emptier daily.

Nice try, you deserve a hug.

Yup. as with every MMO that has ever launched the 1 monthers are leaving. WoW had this problem EQ had this problem UO had this problem. What do the 3 MMO's listed here have in common. WoW 7 years running not F2P, EQ 13 years running not F2P, UO 15 years still not F2P.

Now the thing that SWtOR dose not have in common with those games is almost 2 million sales in the first month. This is the fastest GROWING MMO of all time. Will numbers slump a bit, yup sure will, but I can gaurentee you that things will even out and start on that upward slope again in 1-2 months.

All MMO's experience a minor drop after the first month. If the numbers are still on a steady decline 6 months from now I'll happily grab my tinfoil hat sit beside you and scream that the sky is falling along with you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.