The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware Needs a Hug

Revy

So much hate no wonder it takes Blizzard 40 years to make a game. The sad part is haters will always hate, it will never be good enough. This game could have released with no issues it could have been the perfect game, but people will still find something to whine about.

I personally think Bioware did a decent job on this game. I might have a Bias opinion since I pretty much love all of Bioware's games, but that's just it its an opinion. I am one person just because you do not like something does not mean someone else does't like it.

I for one think for their first MMO, they are doing a decent Job.

So, I am giving Bioware a Hug

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, major patch woe's are horrible and there tends to not be a lot to do about it till you know what the problems are by which point lots of people are really very pissed off.

Need to get more people on the test server for 1.2

I'm enjoying it as well, and don't expect perfection right out of the gate. The criteria I look for is, what issues does the game have and how are the developers addressing those issues. I think its hard for some people to temper their complaints with the fact the game was just released. These people would probably be better off waiting 3-4 months before subbing.

So much hate no wonder it takes Blizzard 40 years to make a game. The sad part is haters will always hate, it will never be good enough. This game could have released with no issues it could have been the perfect game, but people will still find something to whine about.

I personally think Bioware did a decent job on this game. I might have a Bias opinion since I pretty much love all of Bioware's games, but that's just it its an opinion. I am one person just because you do not like something does not mean someone else does't like it.

I for one think for their first MMO, they are doing a decent Job.

So, I am giving Bioware a Hug

Agree

I think they have done a good job considering things the patch 1.1 went well for me seen a massive improvement in graphics, you had better get your flame suit on though :)

I have had not problems at all since the start apart from queues but then that was only 20 minutes but do have a 40MB pipe.

They advertised an awesome looking game, but the real product looked like this.

http://i.imgur.com/WG8Lh.png

And they only told us it was supposed to look that bad weeks after. False advertisement!

That last thing they deserve is a hug, probable a slap on the back of the head or kick.

Wow! Your computer must be really lacking. My textures, characters and environments look awesome! Not the washed out look that you seem to have. Time to upgrade maybe?

And they only told us it was supposed to look that bad weeks after. False advertisement!

That last thing they deserve is a hug, probable a slap on the back of the head or kick.

I don't know what you are doing wrong but my characters have NEVER looked like that in your picture.

I'll stop short of accusing you of taking a screenshot while you were loading or anything of any nefarious nature and chalk it up to possible computer problems.

That picture is a gross misrepresentation of what people are experiencing.

Wow! Your computer must be really lacking. My textures, characters and environments look awesome! Not the washed out look that you seem to have. Time to upgrade maybe?

Show a screenshot then? Oh wait you can't!

Thanks for making my point! You , sir, deserve a hug from the back.

WOW that is bad what card do you have I have 2x Gainwards 570 and its absolutely blowing my mind how good the game looks.

A big hug from me too. I have my problems as well..my game crashes every 3 minutes since I got to Alderaan. I was raging I tell you but only because I was addicted after the first day.

I also know that it is either something with my computer or something they will work out soon. I have played EVE online for quite a few years. People there can beg all they want and things (game breaking things) are broken and stay broken for years while they bring out monocles for 70 bucks lol. That was it for me. People need to relax and give Bioware a few months to work on stuff. I mean come on..we are human (yes Bioware too). They have more than proven that they can make a damn good game..let them work.

I think this game has a lot more in store for us and those in that youtube video using exploits...you are ruining the game for yourself.

I look forward to seeing this game grow and am happy to have been there from the start. ;)

Edit: A hug for EA and Lucas Arts as well because Bioware didn't make this game alone..just wanted to add that.

Edited by HeIIfire

a big hug from me too. I have my problems as well..my game crashes every 3 minutes since i got to alderaan. I was raging i tell you but only because i was addicted after the first day.

I also know that it is either something with my computer or something they will work out soon. I have played eve online for quite a few years. People there can beg all they want and things (game breaking things) are broken and stay broken for years while they bring out monocles for 70 bucks lol. That was it for me. People need to relax and give bioware a few months to work on stuff. I mean come on..we are human (yes bioware too). They have more than proven that they can make a damn good game..let them work.

I think this game has a lot more in store for us and those in that youtube video using exploits...you are ruining the game for yourself.

I look forward to seeing this game grow and am happy to have been there from the start. ;)

10+ rep

In the latest "Coming soon" video (http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120119), James Ohlen looked very stressed, even maybe a bit scared in the look.

I guess Bioware may have more and more insane pressure on their back, and seeing it with a human eye, I must say this may be very health damaging for a lot of them.

(as I encountered this kind of office ultra stress, too).

So yeah, even if I'm not fully satisfied with swtor now (mostly with gameplay lacking originality), I must say they deserve a hug. Because MOST of the game is done well. There might be that little percent of bugs and errors, but let's not forget all the visible work put into everything else, please.

And really, I can't stop saying it : forum users should really stop raging like that. It's been a month long of constant rage and whining. It doesn't help at all except to put higher pressure on the devs, and we all know how easy it is to mess up things when you're under bad pressure.

So people, let's keep our feedback civil and constructive, far away from anger and self-entitlement. Please.

/free_beer_for_every_Bioware_employee

TL;DR : the more anger you'll throw at them, the more bad stress they will suffer, and the more chances they will have to rush and mess things up. Chill out, people. Do feedback, but chill out.

Edited by kineticdamage

Bioware has my $60, and they'll get my $15/mo for at least a few months because overall, I like this game. They don't need hugs, too. Let's keep this professional, shall we? ;)

Agree, but i would like implemented what they have advertised (better graphics for one, although i got improved from patch 1.1 for some reason) and the other additions they are advertising.

Lots of alterations that have been in numerous threads/fixes etc but i guess thats what the subs go toward.