Operatives Stealth Spec are in desperate need of a nerf

JadenVaska

even if he got that amount of dmg...lets just imagine that were possible at that average gear level ok?

hidden strike is only used one time...why? cuz you can only use it coming out of stealth. And you cant say they will just use cloaking screen, blah blah blah...because thats got quite the CD on it...so if that isn't up...the guy will have to wait a good 30 seconds without being touched because why? Bioware feels the need to keep you in combat for about as long as an actual world war 2 battle. Lacerate will crit for 3k...but on average its about 2k. What you don't know is you have to have a buff up to use it. so yea, it should be hitting for that. backstab, 4k if you crit...2.5k reg (roughly)...these are numbers in actual champion gear.

I should really just hop on mine and go pvp - take some screen shots and stuff to prove you all wrong...but why do that. That would spoil all the fun in laughing at how ridiculous you all sound crying about operatives.

You're really the whole nine yards, buddy.

When I think back to Rift, I can see your face on the body of a warrior, trotting along on your mighty steed, laughing at all those beneath you, entirely convinced of your own superiority.

You are quite the entertainer.

Edited by JHarkrider

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I was pvping with my lvl 49 Juggernuat who is a tank spec. I'm thinking psht, I should be wrecking people, and I was, until I was travelling on the side area, and out of no where, a wild lvl 25ish operative appears... It was 20 something. I wasn't able to see the level the battle ended so quickly.

The Operative literally unstealed with a stun move, was able to keep me stunned and killed me... btw, this all happened with in about 4-7 seconds, and continued happening throughout the match... those were my only deaths...

If someone can down a tank in 4-7 seconds, they are over powered... I did not have time to pop saber ward, invincible, or enduring pain. There was literally no time for anything. I was dead before I could even read the name.

I had about 13,000 hp and heavy armoring... To me, that is absolutely insane and overpowered... If anyone disagrees who is not profiting from this crazyness let me know...

Absolute BS,

an operative even at lvl 36 with hidden strike cant burst a tank down in 7 seconds. you are flat out wrong and exaggerating to the point of ridiculous. quit the game or ****. In any case stop making BS threads persecuting a class that is pretty damn crappy once its opener is over. I play a marauder and an Operative and even my mara doesnt get ownd that fast by lvl 40+ ops and im 47 on my mara.

they will nerf ops, and along with it lose another ton of subs. Purely because alot of the other classes arent fun!! Sure BH can spam tracer and out dps an Op .. and mara can spam 5000 buttons and outdamage an Op... or u can be sorc number 9999999999 the other classes just arent fun to alot of players... and its not because Ops are OP.. its just because the classes are bland or way to micro manage reliant. If they do nerf ops and ruin one of the only classes that is actually fun i think it will send the message that they listen to rtards like the original poster and basically we might as well all just spend our days crying on the forums... it will become more of a game than the Client.. we can grind out classes on the forums... "hmm i tihnk i might try get enough rep to nerf BHs this week"

Edited by Kaluah

When I think back to Rift, I can see your face on the body of a warrior, trotting along on your mighty steed, laughing at all those beneath you, entirely convinced of your own surperiority.

I was a warden, had no problems with any class really (just couldn't kill other healers). Why? Cuz I knew how to play. Just because you die to a certain class doesnt necessarily mean it needs to be nerfed. Until you honestly sit down and play every class, gear them all up and put actual effort into comparing them, then just stop talking about it, because frankly I've yet to see anything constructive in this thread except crying. Ops are fairly easy to counter. Try dueling some and learn instead of sharpening your forum warrior skills.

I was a warden, had no problems with any class really (just couldn't kill other healers). Why? Cuz I knew how to play. Just because you die to a certain class doesnt necessarily mean it needs to be nerfed. Until you honestly sit down and play every class, gear them all up and put actual effort into comparing them, then just stop talking about it, because frankly I've yet to see anything constructive in this thread except crying. Ops are fairly easy to counter. Try dueling some and learn instead of sharpening your forum warrior skills.

You've just aced your straw man exam, congratulations.

Level 32 scoundrel here. I've yet to crit for over 2.5k scrap spec. I can kill pretty much any class 1v1 that's close to my level. 40s are luck with Frits and all cool downs get blown. All this hate on smugglers/operatives when I've seen the sith equivalent of sentinel just wreck people in wzs.

Not to mention the heals through crits, permanent hots. Every class ha it's strength and weakness. Ops are strong openers but if the sequence is broken, you win. Learn to use your stun break. On CDs, me too!

Pointless complaining.

If anything needs nerfed it's biochem

The opening combo of the operative is like :

hidden strike with acid blade = 2k5/3k (4-5k crit depending on the expertise) + ~2k from the dot

bs = 1k5-1k8 (3k crit) + dot from acid blade

your target is already, at least, at 50-60%hp and then you have the shiv, lacerate which hit hard too.

It isn't even a fight when you pop on a <50 player, or a 50 who is not full pvp geared, you litteraly own them in 4-5 second top. Level 50 players with full pvp gear can be a challenge but again the damage is too overpowered.

It's fun at the beginning but it gets boring quite quickly.

But if you get caught out of stealth without any cooldowns up your odds are not good.

I think they may need to nerf the armor penetration buff on acid blade which is way too powerful right now (50%) and tone down the damage of hidden strike a bit. But they have to be very careful not to kill the class, the balance line is very thin.

So much crying and calling for nerf's.

I play a Scoundrel .. SAWBONES. So I have to deal with IA's all the time. TBH 1 IA is usually an irritation, sure they will knock me down and do some damage, if my CC break is on CC it'll hurt somewhat. I've NEVER been killed by an IA in 3-7 seconds. Thats total crap. Mostly as soon as thier knockdown is over I flash bang them and proceed to heal up. Should they break that .. Kick in the happy sack and go on my way.

2 IA's is generally instant death though. Both jumping me from stealth will mean I ask for a Guard right away and hug my new tank friend for the rest of the game. A counter? Get a friend? OMG. Thats right if 1 IA is making your life hell .. well thats a L2P issue. Sure they can get a string of crits, or be way better geared or some other factor .. but the class itself is not OP. If theres two of 'em ... get a friend. If theres 3 or 4 .. well your pretty screwed if they are working together .. but no worse than if 4 Sorc's are on vent assist training poor gits with lightning spam.

Just learn to deal .. K?

When I think back to Rift, I can see your face on the body of a warrior, trotting along on your mighty steed, laughing at all those beneath you, entirely convinced of your own superiority.

He's right though,i am a Scoundrel and those numbers are pretty spot on to my class as well.

So, I was pvping with my lvl 49 Juggernuat who is a tank spec. I'm thinking psht, I should be wrecking people, and I was, until I was travelling on the side area, and out of no where, a wild lvl 25ish operative appears... It was 20 something. I wasn't able to see the level the battle ended so quickly.

The Operative literally unstealed with a stun move, was able to keep me stunned and killed me... btw, this all happened with in about 4-7 seconds, and continued happening throughout the match... those were my only deaths...

So basically you're saying this:

"L2P if you lose to me but if you beat me you're OP!"

I am Level 50 Scoundrel. With 3-4 champ epics i couldnt kill anyone in stun lock. I couldnt kill even level 10-19 (boosted) players in stun lock period. So i really dont believe 20 something kills 49 tank, i want to see THE SCREENSHOT. :rolleyes:

At wow, i played Rogue and ranked as 1 killing blows many times in BG's and most of them are really were solo kills. So i'm not bad at all. But i really found Scoundrel very fragile and not doing good enough damage with 3-4 epics and without Biochem (not sure what its, cant be found in our Galactic Market). I'm healer for now, and probably will start to level my alt to be my new Main after i see my Scoundrel in full PvP set.

Yes an operative killed me very fast last night i won't denied and i was a healer. It must be very good gears or biochem, i don't know yet. But at 50 with 3-4 epics Scoundrel is very weak and bad. So back to point level 20 something Scoundrel/Operative cant kill 49 tank or 49 anything, even a womp rat mob. ;)

Edited by Jieljak

Hold on, bumping to keep this alive.

You are a super troll that doesn't seem to understand that OPs and Scounds aren't OP at all...

I play a pyrotech BH incendiary missle+themal detonator+Powershot followed up by Rail shot and with no crits i can do about 8k in 5-6 seconds... with good crits 11-13k of your life is gone and thats my 6 second opener with no big cooldowns. If i were to actually stim stack i could rip a person apart in 6 seconds with my opener and be able to take some damage since i'm not as squishy as op/scound.

PVP isn't about how much damage a person can do in the shortest amount of time its about how quickly you react to the incoming damage. I had the same scoundrel murder me 3 times in a row. I realized that the knockdown means nothing more than a normal 4sec stun in that 4 seconds he did a total of 11k damage to me but instead of waiting the extra 1.5 seconds to get back up i spam jet boost and blam instantly back on my feet and he's blasted back at which point i incendiary missle him for the dot so the can't stealth pop my medpac throw up a heal and go to town on his ***.

instead of crying about how UBERPOWERED a class is learn to play the one you picked. Every class has a weakness. My pyro merc may be able to do nice spike damage opener with sustained damage afterwards but you get 2 jedi on me and i'm toast.. melee dps fries me on most occasions. I can try to kite all day but one of them will have thier leap come off a cooldown and i'm done. With scoundrels its the same thing figure out what works with your class to take one out and they will never be a problem again.

Edited by teyngodown

It is obvious that Operatives are OP at the moment. If your control break on a cool down they will kill easily almost any class in game, not squishy only. I've seen them nail down easily vanguards and guardians. Even if you have a control breaker they still can use a flashbang and the job is done.

Plus another thing - if 2 of them got to a team they will kill any other 2 classes team very easy.

Please take a closer look on Operatives or buff another classes accordingly.

I am Level 50 Scoundrel. With 3-4 champ epics i couldnt kill anyone in stun lock. I couldnt kill even level 10-19 (boosted) players. So i really dont believe 20 something kills 49 tank, i want to see THE SCREENSHOT. :rolleyes:

--

Yes an operative killed me very fast last night i won't denied and i was a healer. It must be very good gears or biochem, i don't know yet. But at 50 with 3-4 epics Scoundrel is very weak and bad. So back to point level 20 something Scoundrel/Operative cant kill 49 tank or 49 anything, even a womp rat mob. ;)

Pretty much all of this but especially the bold part.

I'm a Heal spec Sorceress and Scoundrel/Operative only kills me if the following circumstances are all true:

1) My CC Breaker is on CD

2) I'm out of position

3) I'm out of guard range

4) I've let myself become overextended or fallen behind, either way I don't have any support.

5) I have no force left to heal myself

6) My sprint or knockback is on CD so I can't simply kite them to death

That is called smart play by the SC/OP. They found an isolated and vulnerable healer and capitalised on that. I get punished for bad play and the stealther gets rewarded for smart play.

I do see why only the bads whine about them though. I mean stealthers love to kill horrible players and I see that this game has a lot of them ^^;

Most people also don't realise that the SC/OP is completely helpless if you are more than 10m away from them. As soon as I get 10m away from a SC/OP that popped on me it's not even a fair fight ^_^

Pretty much all of this but especially the bold part.

I'm a Heal spec Sorceress and Scoundrel/Operative only kills me if the following circumstances are all true:

1) My CC Breaker is on CD

2) I'm out of position

3) I'm out of guard range

4) I've let myself become overextended or fallen behind, either way I don't have any support.

5) I have no force left to heal myself

6) My sprint or knockback is on CD so I can't simply kite them to death

That is called smart play by the SC/OP. They found an isolated and vulnerable healer and capitalised on that. I get punished for bad play and the stealther gets rewarded for smart play.

I do see why only the bads whine about them though. I mean stealthers love to kill horrible players and I see that this game has a lot of them ^^;

Most people also don't realise that the SC/OP is completely helpless if you are more than 10m away from them. As soon as I get 10m away from a SC/OP that popped on me it's not even a fair fight ^_^

you see that people!! a SQUISHY doesn't get facerolled by SC/OP which means if you wear any armor at all you shouldn't be talking. No disrespect meant by the squishy part i'm just saying you wear light armor so you squish a bit.

It is obvious that Operatives are OP at the moment. If your control break on a cool down they will kill easily almost any class in game, not squishy only. I've seen them nail down easily vanguards and guardians. Even if you have a control breaker they still can use a flashbang and the job is done.

Plus another thing - if 2 of them got to a team they will kill any other 2 classes team very easy.

Please take a closer look on Operatives or buff another classes accordingly.

Then where is this massive hidden increase compared to the scoundrel because I certainly cant approach what you are claiming is possible.

you see that people!! a SQUISHY doesn't get facerolled by SC/OP which means if you wear any armor at all you shouldn't be talking. No disrespect meant by the squishy part i'm just saying you wear light armor so you squish a bit.

The opening burst from a SC/OP can be brutal but is also manageable when you relaise it's a team game. The best way to deal with opening burst is to simply never give a SC/OP a chance to sneak up on you and open up.

Want to know what happens to a SC/OP stupid enough to pop on me when I'm standing with my group? It involves internal organs being torn out and shown to the stealther before they die. And fire, lots of fire...And purple lighting...And explosion...Sometimes I have to say how much explosion is too much explosion.