The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Did you read the patch notes today?

Seraphical

Operations

Karagga’s Palace

Fixed an issue that caused assigned loot bags in Karagga’s Palace to distribute items with class inappropriate stats.

PvP

Ilum

Players can no longer enter the opposing faction’s safe base area, thus preventing players from continually "camping" the other faction's base.

Turrets inside faction bases were not intended to be destroyed and are now immune to damage.

The population cap for instances of Ilum has been reduced to improve performance.

Implemented optimizations to improve performance on Ilum.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

Loading screens no longer appear when other players spawn nearby.

Something broke, they fessed up, shutdown the ability to grief/exploit once they realized it and then immediately patched the problem AND rolled back Valor points.

Did they fix EVERYTHING overnight?

No, but they did the right thing here.

Some people never want to see the positive.

Tell me what part of this particular fix did they do the WRONG thing?

Edited by Seraphical

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to shut the game down for two weeks revamp the engine and fix the endgame.

Make an official apology post admitting they suck and didnt listen to their players.

Everyone that quit would come back and the game would flourish.

But they are gonna take the standard use the PR guy to talk in circles, patch a few things break a few others, heavily censor the forums when people complain and basically let the game sink because ME3 will launch and they wont care.

Edited by oflow

They need to shut the game down for two weeks revamp the engine and fix the endgame.

Make an official apology post admitting they suck and didnt listen to their players.

But they are gonna take the standard use the PR guy to talk in circles, patch a few things break a few others, heavily censor the forums when people complain and basically let the game sink because ME3 will launch and they wont care.

I'm curious...

What would shutting the game down do? Bioware actively works on updates, fixes, and what have you whether the game is running or not.

I also doubt they could fix the engine in two weeks not to mention whatever is wrong with the end game. Though I do enjoy seeing such blanket arguments crop up everywhere.

Also Mass Effect 3 and SWTOR is handled by two different teams at two different studios.

They didn't:

- Give everyone a free year of game time.

- Give the loudest complainers gold-plated speeders that boost movement speed by 250%.

- Give those complainers each 500k credits.

- Tell everyone that they are failures and rolled out a game that's still in the Alpha stage.

- Bring world peace

:rolleyes:

you obviously dont work at a job where you actually fix things that are broken. Taking the system totally offline would give them time to actually fix things without having to waste resources maintaining the system will its running.

It would also give them a break from all the raging ppl telling all their other friends to quit too. I can garauntee a person that heard 'we are taking down the game for an extended period to fix it' would be more willing to wait than a person playing the same broken features everyday while all they get is 'we're aware of the issue and investigating it.'

And even if ME3 is made by a different BW local studio they all answer to the same boss somewhere and its all part of the BW bottom line.

Something broke, they fessed up, shutdown the ability to grief/exploit once they realized it and then immediately patched the problem AND rolled back Valor points.

No they didn't.

They didn't:

- Give everyone a free year of game time.

- Give the loudest complainers gold-plated speeders that boost movement speed by 250%.

- Give those complainers each 500k credits.

- Tell everyone that they are failures and rolled out a game that's still in the Alpha stage.

- Bring world peace

don't forget the worse one of all!

they didn't even cure cancer FFS

these bastards had how many trillion dollars of budget, and not only do they make us pay to play their broken pre-alpha build, but they didn't even cure cancer! and that was like the number 1 thing on the pre-pre-alpha forums for WEEKS!

Yeah... developers don't deal with the active systems.... nor worry about them... in fact it helps them that people are playing the game... because it gives them data that locates bugs..

Hmm nevermind... I obviously don't know how this stuff works because I am not a working man...

what your are proposing would take alot longer then 2 weeks

No they didn't. They did not remove Valor from anybody. They merely stated in damage control mode last night that they would - and they didn't. Nobody lost a single point of Valor.

and how exactly are you able to prove this?

let me get this straight. we are supposed to assume that bioware isn't telling us the truth, but we are also supposed to assume that you, some random nobody is?

you sure you aren't spouting more forum BS, like turrets giving valor, and all the other nonsense that shows up?

Actually what they did was simply handle system poorly.
Edited by Loekii

I can garauntee a person that heard 'we are taking down the game for an extended period to fix it' would be more willing to wait than a person playing the same broken features everyday while all they get is 'we're aware of the issue and investigating it.'

shows how little you know. this is so, so far from reality it makes me chuckle when reading it. it also makes me ignore everything you have to say on the matter as you are clearly clueless.

there are 2 million ppl playing the game. enjoying it. having a great time. taking the game offline to make make 500 ppl feel better and get the fixes THEY wont put in is insane. it makes NO SENSE. i will say it again. the ppl who think this game is broken are the MINORITY. stop fooling yourselves into thinking you are the majority just because you are loud and post the most on the forums. read the letters to the editor of your local paper. how many are positive? yeah...see....negative ppl are far more vocal than positive ppl.

the 2million + enjoying this game are too busy playing it to bother coming to the general forum and posting "game is exactly what i expected, alot of fun, having a great time. that is all"

Edited by Darth_Pants

and how exactly are you able to prove this?

let me get this straight. we are supposed to assume that bioware isn't telling us the truth, but we are also supposed to assume that you, some random nobody is?

you sure you aren't spouting more forum BS, like turrets giving valor, and all the other nonsense that shows up?

They never removed a single point of Valor. You can live in fantasy land all you want, but people stuck in reality land know the truth. There is zero evidence of any valor having been removed and I repeat this for emphasis - zero.

You write comedy for a living, am I right?

Yeah... developers don't deal with the active systems.... nor worry about them... in fact it helps them that people are playing the game... because it gives them data that locates bugs..

Hmm nevermind... I obviously don't know how this stuff works because I am not a working man...

You probably work for BW with your view of how to fix things.

They never removed a single point of Valor. You can live in fantasy land all you want, but people stuck in reality land know the truth. There is zero evidence of any valor having been removed and I repeat this for emphasis - zero.

You must have missed the guy ranting and raving about his valor getting reset, though BW admitted this.kids shouldn't have been. They did say they were reverting valor gains on a case by case scenario.

You must have missed the guy ranting and raving about his valor getting reset, though BW admitted this.kids shouldn't have been. They did say they were reverting valor gains on a case by case scenario.

Here's some food for though, it's the internet - people lie for their own enjoyment or benefit. Until I see numerous people complaining about their valor being reset justified or not I will not believe that they modified a single point of Valor.

Edited by TheRealBrave

Here's some food for though, it's the internet - people lie for their own enjoyment or benefit. Until I see numerous people complaining about their valor being reset justified or not I will not believe that they modified a single point of Valor.

Why would they complain? They were exploiting a glitch in the game to get that valor. BW is doing it case by case, so someone running WZ all day other then camping a spawn isn't getting rolled back.

I can see you are really upset about the botched patch. How about calming down and THINKING!?