The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware...why am I no longer a battlemaster?

ZaneKaiser

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not exploiting, it's called open world PVP? Why should I get punished for a bug that Bioware created?

So it never occured to you at any point that perhaps it was a bug and that it might not be working as Bioware intended? You thought that's how Bioware wanted Ilum to work?

They announced yesterday that Ilum was not working as intended and that it would patched this morning and that players who are taking advantage of it not working as intended will be "dealt with appropriately".

That's as a fair a warning as anything.

Announced. There are two sides here. If it was that bad, they should've pulled an emergency straight away and lock Ilum out.

Both sides are to blame.

It's not exploiting, it's called open world PVP? Why should I get punished for a bug that Bioware created?

So when the power company makes a mistake and starts to send your "bill" to the wrong address for several months do you think that you should not have to pay for the months you used energy?

Welcome to the real world tike. This isn't kindergarden anymore. Part of being a big boy is understanding that individuals or companies are not the only ones who pay for their mistakes.

So I just got an email from Bioware stating I was caught using an "exploit". Um...the valor thing was a bug on your behalf, I was just playing the game like you told me to. They then told me they will take action to reverse the effect of the exploit?!

So I log in and I see my valor rank go from Battlemaster down to Gladiator

I'm sorry but why are you punishing me for something that was your fault?

It'll always be your fault. Should be happy they just left it at that and not worse.

So I just got an email from Bioware stating I was caught using an "exploit". Um...the valor thing was a bug on your behalf, I was just playing the game like you told me to. They then told me they will take action to reverse the effect of the exploit?!

To let you walk away after exploiting the system with your valour intact was the same as announcing open season on exploits and exploiters

I think they also need to put in an official annoucement as well stating that all player who abused the 1.1 patch in illum will lose their valor gained

Awesome!

oh and sorry.

oh and PST: LOL!@!!

Announced. There are two sides here. If it was that bad, they should've pulled an emergency straight away and lock Ilum out.

Both sides are to blame.

They turned off the taxis on Ilum. I agree it would have been better to kick everyone out of Ilum, not sure how feasible that would have been to do quickly.

Both sides are to blame.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of Bioware's handling of this incident the OP (and others like him) knowingly used an exploit to gain an advantage. Just because Bioware were useless doesn't mean exploiters should get away with what they did.

I was in Ilum before they announced that people should avoid it....I completely followed the rules as Bioware stated.. and yet I still get punished?

What kind of justice is this?

You knowingly camped the spawn point of the Republic players. You took advantage of an exploit based on a mistake in programming.

That's the important part. They did not "make the game that way"... it was an unintended mistake. As soon as they found out it was being exploited, they put out a warning that they were going to fix it. Yet you continued to exploit anyway.

Sorry, but you have no grounds to argue from.

I call BS on this as well. Anyone can make this comment and from what i can tell if it really happened there would be a lot more posts about this.

Two things here:

1. A secret BW account posted this to make us feel good

2. A Troll

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of Bioware's handling of this incident the OP (and others like him) knowingly used an exploit to gain an advantage. Just because Bioware were useless doesn't mean exploiters should get away with what they did.

If an ATM machine on the street suddenly starts spitting out hundred dollar bills due to a bug in the system I suppose you'd give it all back to the bank aswell. Right?

So when the power company makes a mistake and starts to send your "bill" to the wrong address for several months do you think that you should not have to pay for the months you used energy?

Welcome to the real world tike. This isn't kindergarden anymore. Part of being a big boy is understanding that individuals or companies are not the only ones who pay for their mistakes.