Nerf grav/tracer omg!

JediDuckling

Nerf Grav Round are you serious? What else could we possibly do after that? Our heals suck and Gunnery would be worthless. I have to sit in one spot and shoot. I get interupted constantly, or stunned or kited. I better be able to do some damage if I have to deal with all this. How bout you nerf Inquisitors or give BH's the crap that is Mortar Volley that you never know when its going to actually go off. If I have to LTP with all this going on then you sure as hell need to LTP period.

until you play the scoundrel or ops healing trees you have no right to complain about poor healing.

In fact combat medics are way better than sawbones scoundrels in every possible way!

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since the Arsenal spec is built around Tracer Missile, it'd basically need to be entirely overhauled. Heatseeker hits harder with your stacks up and Unload definitely hits harder when procced especially with a relic used. I mean, what do you think happens when you leave a ranged class alone, spamming attacks?

Also, my 50 Merc would love to crit a Tracer for 14k. Sadly, I operate within the game and the highest I've crit is a little over 3000. On a 1.5 sec cast.....yea, totally OP.

Edited by loudernoises

Those have to be crits to do more than 2k

If someone is constantly critting you, they are having some good luck. Once I critted someone 7 times in a row in PvP. Only 42% crit chance and 92% crit bonus. 450ish expertise

Tracer crits are 3k, heatseeker crits are 5k if im lucky. railshot and unload are almost as deadly and used just as frequently.

tracer is the only attack that doesnt have a cooldown. what do you want us to do? tracer once and just chill for 15 seconds until another attack is off cooldown?

Edited by DarthBloodloss

anyway i need to get back to leveling my alt

people have clearly proven grav round and tracer missiles are stupidly overperd by experience and posting videos in my thread to prove it.

thank you to all those that posted video's backing up my facts and god bless you for having common sense and the balls to stand up to these forums trolls.

god speed and happy nerfing :)

Prove it. I've never seen this happen. I don't have a problem believing that it could be true, however I've never seen (in game, on a video or elsewhere) a pyrotech out do a tracer spamming merc.

http://i.imgur.com/6LXZd.jpg

The guy below me was the spamming merc with tracer.

Have you.. considered interrupting the 1.5s cast time on Grav Round? Silencing it, perhaps? LoS kiting someone who needs a full GCD to do any damage to you?

This. Do not interrupt the full auto. Wait for the grav round spam. If you're fighting somewhere near a corner or anything you can run around of, do it.

If you ain't got interrupt and you get caught in the open, well, odds are you're getting toasted. It's just how it is, deal with it. The class has otherwise poor abilities to dps with, so it's not like they have a lot of options to choose from...

50 kills and 2 deaths.

Time to start a thread demanding nerfs to Pyrotechs.

Its all about your opponents. When people actually pay attention and focus on me, I die just as fast as anyone.

One game in Voidstar they did not even look my way at all. 82 kills and 0 deaths. Also a random person healed me the whole time. <3 healers

Edited by DarthBloodloss

Nerf Grav Round are you serious? What else could we possibly do after that? Our heals suck and Gunnery would be worthless. I have to sit in one spot and shoot. I get interupted constantly, or stunned or kited. I better be able to do some damage if I have to deal with all this. How bout you nerf Inquisitors or give BH's the crap that is Mortar Volley that you never know when its going to actually go off. If I have to LTP with all this going on then you sure as hell need to LTP period.

Nerf Inquistors.

Because Class=AC, right guys? It's not like AC's are completely different from each other or anything. Not at all.

lol, if someone is just spamming tracer missile , they are doing it wrong, there are better dps rotation that do involve a couple of tracer missiles yeah, but not spamming just that attack

also , the mobility of the bounty hunter while doing this is 0, run away from him, run into him, use an interrupt, stun, knockback, not like there is no cc in the game

what about snipers spamming snipe? that not a one button spam too? i'm guessing its due to the obvious nature of the graphical effect that you are ************, if you were hit by some random generic bullet crap that looked like all the other attacks, you would complain about operatives instead

It's PvP, your going to get spanked from time to time. The real challenge is assuming its not your fault. That Bh spamming the same ability is going to kill you then respawn 10 secs later after getting beat down by any melee class. Los the Bh then get close and kill him

He said tracer missile as well. So that is both sides.

Some of us don't have an interrupt.

Some of use like who?

..Warriors get Disruption

Inquisitors get Jolt

Agents get distraction

And Powertechs get Quell

..If tracer missile spam is getting to you..its your fault..

an interrupt-able, clear as day, stationary turret is what you got killed by.

How do you not notice your health bar or a caster in the back alone ?

If you ain't got interrupt and you get caught in the open, well, odds are you're getting toasted. It's just how it is, deal with it. The class has otherwise poor abilities to dps with, so it's not like they have a lot of options to choose from...

This.

People who are yelling nerf have no clue obviously, also using interrupt form time to time might benefit them.

Edited by Vlacke

Grav round/ Tracer missle is fine.

IF YOU HAVE TO CRY ABOUT EVERY OTHER CLASSES ABILITIES AND REFUSE TO USE ITEMS IN GAME THEN YOU NEED TO L2P.... See what I did there?

Anyhow.... Grav round hits 4-5kish.... *gasp* nothing really ground breaking.... No stun... just damage and a armor debuff.

If you see a grav round spamming kid... take a hit... walk over and stun them. Then just hit them a few times.

They mash grav round again.... interupt... hit them some more.

They mash grav round again.... Stun or KB.... hit them more.

Keep on doing this till they are dead. Oh and if you cannot get close LOS them.

They cannot move while spamming their one button of utter doom..... so closing with them or LOSing them is easy as hell.

Also, as a Arsenal Merc, we really do have to plant the **** out of our feet to make any real damage happen. We have VERY few damage options for on-the-move, and what options we do have for that are ridiculously low-damage, cost a high amount of heat, and lack the extra bonuses that Tracer Missile brings to the table. Running and gunning as a Merc is disgustingly low DPS; we have to stop and cast -several- times before we have a viable way to move and shoot, and every time we want to reapply stacks of Heat Signature or build up our +6%x5 Rail Shot buffs or refresh our 2%x5 Shield buffs, we have to stop and cast some more.

We are NOT very mobile while we're doing damage, and catching us is -super easy- for Operatives or Sorcerers or basically anyone else.

And we have jetpacks! Sheesh! We should be able to do -something- on the move.

Grav round/ Tracer missle is fine.

IF YOU HAVE TO CRY ABOUT EVERY OTHER CLASSES ABILITIES AND REFUSE TO USE ITEMS IN GAME THEN YOU NEED TO L2P.... See what I did there?

Anyhow.... Grav round hits 4-5kish.... *gasp* nothing really ground breaking.... No stun... just damage and a armor debuff.

If you see a grav round spamming kid... take a hit... walk over and stun them. Then just hit them a few times.

They mash grav round again.... interupt... hit them some more.

They mash grav round again.... Stun or KB.... hit them more.

Keep on doing this till they are dead. Oh and if you cannot get close LOS them.

They cannot move while spamming their one button of utter doom..... so closing with them or LOSing them is easy as hell.

How is critting 4-5k okay on a 1.5 second cast with no cooldown?

Hell, how is critting 3k okay on a 1.5 second cast with no cooldown?

And on what bg am I able to get into cover within 1.5 seconds reliably?

Edited by Aidank

Because you don't crit all the time, but when you do it's supposed to hit hard BECAUSE IT'S A CRIT.

And again, now that 50s are in their own bracket this is a non-issue anyway.

I play a Gunnery Commando lvl 45 atm. The most ive ever done was 294k DPS, 1 time in a WZ. Mostly DPS from Mortar Volley. I average around 140-190k a match even now that I have Demo. I can do the exact same DPS with Assault line. How is that OP'd compared to the 300-500k+ DPS ive seen from Operatives, Smugglers, Inquisitors? Grav round might hit for a good amount but its also fairly slow and you just outrun my range, easy. If anything gets nerfed with both Commando and BH then it needs to be DFA/MV but then again the AoE radius is not that great. You have to play a rotation with the Gunnery, not just spam Grav Round, where the true DPS comes in is if you can stack 5 gravs to increase Demo by 25% and hit them with an HIB. Then your almost dead or already but who stands in one spot for that long. I hardly ever get this off unless nobody is paying attention to me.

And on what bg am I able to get into cover within 1.5 seconds reliably?

Show me a video of someone critting for 3-5k consistently with Tracer Missile.

Please. We just saw a guy stacked to the teeth in BM gear critting for 2450.

Because you don't crit all the time, but when you do it's supposed to hit hard BECAUSE IT'S A CRIT.

And again, now that 50s are in their own bracket this is a non-issue anyway.

A. How does that make it a non-issue, most 50s only have around 15k health, even if it is a crit you shouldn't be 5-shotting people with 1.5 second cast filler moves.

B. You realize other classes don't crit all the time either, right? and they still don't hit that hard with filler moves.

Hell, sorcerers don't hit that hard with... ANY moves.

Show me a video of someone critting for 3-5k consistently with Tracer Missile.

Please. We just saw a guy stacked to the teeth in BM gear critting for 2450.

I was responding to a comment saying that It's NBD that they crit that hard, their numbers not mine.

But you can watch the video there of the bh only using tracer, the bh in the video isn't using any buffs and has 180 expertise and is critting 50s for that hard consistently.

Edited by Aidank