New Trailer

Laviathon

Just watched the new trailer, and all I can say is if people just wait, you are going to get all the things you want. UI customization, new warzone, pvp ranking, operations, and all sorts of other stuff.

No reason to jump the boat yet the game just came out and we already have a major patch out that, at least for me, was completely flawless. Yeah there was an issue with Ilum, and it was fixed within the next 24 hours, and that is pretty awesome. I believe Bioware when they say that they are listening to the players and that they are building this game onwards for US.

I've been playing since about 6 months before release and Bioware has been listening.

People complain about things like the lack of an LFG tool, lack of mods, or a threat meter or target of target. Well guess what, WoW didn't have any of that at release. Heck I remember when the first actual threat meter for WoW came out about a year after release, and Blizzard didn't even implement there own version of that until what, late BC early Wrath?

Aside from third parties, you can't even customize the interface in WoW except for scaling. People have become so accustomed to having mods they forget how to play without them.

I for one look forward to the future with this game and do not plan on going anywhere. This is the best MMO I've played by far, I'm running on an 8 year old computer and can play this game on max at a 1920x1080 resolution with BIOWARES Anti-aliasing on high.

I've played pretty much every single MMO since SWG came out, while playing WoW, and this game is the best one, smooth gameplay, have encountered literally no bugs that bothered me (ones i found have been reported and already fixed).

Give the game a chance, all you people jumping ship, good riddance to you, you are just going to bring the community down anyway.

Thank you BIOWARE for working on this game as long as you have and sticking with it, I knew you guys could pull this off and I look forward to every single content update, and little patch that you guys put out. This game is great now and can only get better. O and yay for the legacy system, first time i've even seen this in a game. Should be fun.

I would be fine coming back and paying them additional money when they put these things in...until then i can find other uses for my cash.

Or instead of wasting money on other sub-par mmo's/games you can stick it out here develop your toons, and get ready for things to come. All the things you want will come in due time, just like in WoW.

Or instead of wasting money on other sub-par mmo's/games you can stick it out here develop your toons, and get ready for things to come. All the things you want will come in due time, just like in WoW.

So he should stay here wasting money on a subpar MMO until they bring it up to par?

Edited by Pyrolight

it isn't a sub-par mmo, if you forget all of the crap you were spoiled with by blizzard maybe you would be able to see that. LFG tool was put in for people that were to lazy to put there own groups together. If you paid any attention to what you actually did in the game you would have never needed a threat meter. ToT? pretty obvious what the critter is hitting when it's smashing it's face in with a hammer...

people forget that the state ToR is in now is EXACTLY how WoW was when it came out, and half the crap in WoW now? took YEARS to actually put in... or a third party had to come up with a mod so that feature would be in the game...

It looks nice, but it's still WoW with lightsabers and voice acting. Those of us who want something new will still be looking elsewhere.

You were not able to tell that before release? Most people kind of knew it was going to be very close to WoW with Star Wars setting/lore and fully VO'd quests.

@OP The new video was great, showed some nice stuff heading our way, I'm sure keeping my sub going! I have only finished one of eight stories so far.

I play this because of Star Wars. I played SWG because of Star Wars. I have not played another MMO and wont unless it is Star Wars. From what I and have read for quite some time is that all the complainers are career gamers or have come from wow. This ISNT other games, this isnt wow, enjoy the experience of this game, what it offers and the Star Wars immersion. Dont like it? Quit, and stop the freakin' whining. Nuff said.

O and for textures, since i'm sure someone will throw that out. Level a new toon in WoW and go through all of the expansions until 85. I did this before ToR came out, and look at your gear as you move alone. The gear looks good until BC and then the textures take a crap on all of the gear, wrath get's a little bit better, and cata get's better then that.

Bioware straight up released this game with excellent looking high res textures. Yeah okay you can only see them during movies right now, but bioware has explained exactly why they are doing it like they are, and that in due time they will come out with an update to make it so we can have high res textures on constantly.

I completely understand why they are doing what they are doing, Every game bioware has released has raised the bar in terms of graphics and compatablity with older computers. If the textures are so great that they are bringing higher end computers down to a crawl, yeah I would lower the res on them to so at least I could play, but with AA actually being enabled now, it makes the textures in the game look even better despite being at a lower resolution

Again, when they improve the game to the level it should have been when it was release I will consider coming back. I refuse to pay to beta a game again, and I refuse to pay to play a game and 'wait' for it to improve to a level it should already be at.

I would be fine coming back and paying them additional money when they put these things in...until then i can find other uses for my cash.

Which is totally reasonable. You should not pay for a product that you believe that, at that point, doesn't deserve your money. :)

Unless you want to do some charity and/or have some serious faith in the project but those are part of another topic.

You were not able to tell that before release? Most people kind of knew it was going to be very close to WoW with Star Wars setting/lore and fully VO'd quests.

@OP The new video was great, showed some nice stuff heading our way, I'm sure keeping my sub going! I have only finished one of eight stories so far.

Yes most MMO's nowadays are very close to WoW because WoW defined the genre. ToR and WoW have similarities just like WoW and every other mmo out there have similarities.

ToR sets itself apart with thousands upon thousands of hours of voice acting, a actual UNIQUE story for EVERY class. If you didn't read up on wowpedia/wowwiki. You didn't know *** was going on in WoW unless you actually read the quest text, which still didn't get me involved in what was going on. It was just go kill this, and this, and this, and this, o and pick this up.

I've never felt this involved with a character in an MMO since SWG, and that was only because I unlocked jedi and felt like a ******.

I love this game and I'm sticking it out, just like I did with SWG, and just like I did with WoW until I just got sick of it.

How about downtime stuff so even when I'm not questing, I feel like staying in the world doing other things. Give me a reason to never want to leave it. If I don't have time o want to quest, I just don't log in. This is usually how I end up just leaving a game.

How about downtime stuff so even when I'm not questing, I feel like staying in the world doing other things. Give me a reason to never want to leave it. If I don't have time o want to quest, I just don't log in. This is usually how I end up just leaving a game.

welp i see by your sig you used to play SWG. What did you do to stay occupied in that game considering that there was really no content except for whatever you wanted to do?

This game you have flashpoints, and from the one's i've done are pretty fun, and it's cool how the choices you make decide what will happen onward. You have operations which I haven't personally done but look like fun, there is always PvP, which is what I did the majority of my time playing SWG.

There's crafting which I'm looking forward to, even if there aren't any real things to use at 50, But just being able to unlock stuff the way you can through reverse engineering is enough for me, and allows me to make money and help my guildies out who are just starting to play or need mods for there gear.

It looks nice, but it's still WoW with lightsabers and voice acting. Those of us who want something new will still be looking elsewhere.

Should've expected it, they never said this game was different, and even beta testers like me told you so, even though this game is great.