Social Point System is Lame - All Should Start as Lvl 1

Quinlynn

Sorry and I think this is a poor system that is obviously not working correctly in all cases.

Also requires way too much grinding just to get to lvl 1, IMHO.

All toons should start as lvl 1 and go from there. This way we at least get access to some of the social items to start with.

why would you have access to any social items without having to be social?

they are there as a reward for people who take advantage of the social system and group up.

they aren't forcing you to group up, just encouraging that you do so in order to experience more of the game.

Sorry and I think this is a poor system that is obviously not working correctly in all cases.

All toons should start as lvl 1 and go from there. This way we at least get access to some of the social items to start with.

let me paraphrase this for you

"dear bioware, i don't have any friends, and i am afraid to be social and involved in the comunity, therefore i think this system, is broken."

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/619/Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Treifla
Had to add forever alone link

You need 10 points for level 1. For each conversation option roll that you do in a conversation you get 4 points if you win and 2 if you lose the roll so at most that is 5 conversation choices.

Not exactly what you could call grinding.

Personally, I like having to work for it. Social Points are something that I am a bit behind on as well, but that is my own fault for going through the single player content at a blistering pace to get to 50. I have plenty of opportunity in the form of dailies and FPs, but I need to get off my keester and get to work. Stop complaining about it and get and do something about it.

What are you talking about? You get to lvl1 pretty much in the first FP after leaving the first planet, granted you did the first few heroic quests in-group. Even if you didn't, you'd still get lvl1 early on in your 2nd planet, granted you're doing heroic or FPs with groups. But, if you're not doing things in groups, then how could you expect to reach lvl1 SOCIAL anyway? Regardless, you should be at lvl1 social if you're actually playing SOCIALLY by Character lvl 10.

You need 10 points for level 1. For each conversation option roll that you do in a conversation you get 4 points if you win and 2 if you lose the roll so at most that is 5 conversation choices.

Not exactly what you could call grinding.

Those points change depending on how many people are in the conversation.

If you lose you get 1 point per person in the conversation, and you get 2 points per person if you win.

I think the OP means going from level 1 to 2 not 0 to 1. And I would agree that social points particularly after level 3 are a real pain to grind out if you don't quest in a group the entire way from level 10 to 50. However since the rewards aren't anything game changing I really don't see this as an issue that needs fixing when there so many other problems in the game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.