HEY GUESS WHAT! Nothing was fixed Attached Screenshot

RoughRaptors

Hey Bioware guess what you did by making it so they couldn't spawn camp us in our base? The exact thing that I said would happen, they are now simply camping us...OUTSIDE OF OUR BASE! On both sides, there are probably ~20-30 imperials sitting at the central outpost as well preventing any republic from collecting armaments. Good job on the "fix". More of a reason to not pay you on the 21st.

The 5-10 fps also doesn't help at all.

http://imageshack.us/f/594/screenshot2012011915110.jpg/

Edited by RoughRaptors

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's only so much they can do about the faction balance issue.

On HoG - typically 100-120 Republic players at any given moment on the Republic fleet. Whenever I log over to my Imperial alt - 200-250.

Suck it up, play Republic and adapt to overcome. Or, switch sides and run with Team Easy Valor.

On HoG - typically 100-120 Republic players at any given moment on the Republic fleet. Whenever I log over to my Imperial alt - 200-250.

Suck it up, play Republic and adapt to overcome. Or, switch sides and run with Team Easy Valor.

I am on Helm of Graush, I know your name :-P.

Hey Bioware guess what you did by making it so they couldn't spawn camp us in our base? The exact thing that I said would happen, they are now simply camping us...OUTSIDE OF OUR BASE! On both sides, there are probably ~20-30 imperials sitting at the central outpost as well preventing any republic from collecting armaments. Good job on the "fix". More of a reason to not pay you on the 21st.

pvp'd in a pvp zone. lol

Third option: Stop playing badgame.

Take the bike north, and kill the singles running to the zerg.

If they are not killing you ON THE REZ PAD, you have options.

I tried, there are groups of imperials outside of the zerg, so I can't do anything. I've found ONE solo empire player, the rest have been groups of 6-15. I am also a healer and by the time I find anybody I would be able to kill in a 1v1, more empire will show up and kill me due to slow damage.

Lolol....

It seems that people like the dark side of the force... =) It is dificult to do something when there is more on one side than the other...

This is the first mmo that I played... and have not done pvp...

I remeber the very old days I played Medal of Honor and Enemy Terror and even with teams with the same number of people sometimes was impossible to leave the spawn area... the other side was better... =D

What did you expect? This is open world pvp. I suspect most people asking for open world pvp to be viable had no idea what open pvp is.

This is what is. This does not surprise anyone who has played open pvp before

This is NOT world pvp. World pvp would be putting a cap on the number of empire and republic players who can be in the zone at the same time giving equal numbers. Ilum is full right now with 30 republic players and probably 70 empire (assuming the cap is 100). World pvp is something FUN it is NOT being zergged down by a 2+:1 ratio at 5 fps.

LOL, holy...

gg

So would you have been fine if the majority of people played Republic, and having that faction overwhelming the Imps?

The problem here is with the people, not necessarily the game. The franchise created a very popular side (The Empire) for people to play. People chose to play one side more than the other.

Lets face it, if 100 Jedi came to your aid, you wouldn't have made this post. The problem, therefore, is not enough Republic players on your server, at that given time, that cared to come to your aid or participate in the battle.

How do you propose any company "Force" people to play on another faction to even things out, for open world pvp? Or at least, what is considered "Open World" in this game.

So would you have been fine if the majority of people played Republic, and having that faction overwhelming the Imps?

The problem here is with the people, not necessarily the game. The franchise created a very popular side (The Empire) for people to play. People chose to play one side more than the other.

Lets face it, if 100 Jedi came to your aid, you wouldn't have made this post. The problem, therefore, is not enough Republic players on your server, at that given time, that cared to come to your aid or participate in the battle.

How do you propose any company "Force" people to play on another faction to even things out, for open world pvp? Or at least, what is considered "Open World" in this game.

Refer to my above post and equalizing the number of faction players can be on the same instance of Ilum at once.

And also your so called "bug fix patch" still left out a major issue. Dropping groups every time you join a warzone. How in the world is this not fixed?

Hmm maybe because they haven't found exactly what is causing the problem. Or it could be that they haven't found the best correct solution yet. I don't know, you know regular software development type stuff.

This is NOT world pvp. World pvp would be putting a cap on the number of empire and republic players who can be in the zone at the same time giving equal numbers. Ilum is full right now with 30 republic players and probably 70 empire (assuming the cap is 100). World pvp is something FUN it is NOT being zergged down by a 2+:1 ratio at 5 fps.

Your theory/logic needs a little fine tuning.

By placing a CAP, or any restrictions, on players in a certain area, that is an Instanced encounter. AKA Warzone.

And in a Warzone, lets say a large one for this example, assuming you place a cap at 100 people (50 to 50 each side). In your example, you would still have 50 Imps and 30 Reps, so you would still be significantly out numbered, almost 2 to 1. How would that change anything?

Again, it's a matter of how many people on your side, that happens to care about the battle, will join you at that specific time. Faction imbalance is faction imbalance. Developers can't force people to join one side over the other.

You really don't know what World PvP is. It's to not IMPOSE restrictions, where anything can be a possibility within a world pvp encounter.

Here is my suggestion for Republic:

Pick 3 high population servers; an East Coast server, a West Coast server, and one European server for everyone who is interested to join and level pvp characters on. Pvp servers will do, I suppose, since I assume most people interested in this part of the forum won't be sensible and go with a pve server to avoid the annoyances.

Then start a thread here in the pvp forum if it's allowed and keep it bumped.

Not the Crucible server, though, apparently that one is already doing pretty well Republic side.

If you want to succeed in Ilum pvp, I'm pretty sure you're going to have to get organized.

Maybe, just maybe, since you knew this was going to happen you would have the clever idea of opening your powers and clicking on that good ole emergency fleet transport instead of feeding the zerg the skimpy morsel of your corpse. But then i guess being smart about something and using common sense isn't really sensational enough to post on the forums.

Simple solution to your problem,

1) leave ilum

2) gather friends (no friends? ask random people to join you)

3) Stick it to the fools that ate you for lunch.

4) Make a forum post about how great it felt to stand up like a man and get some revenge.

I would actually subscribe to a game that ever really figured out Open World PvP. Well currently, I'm not subscribed to any MMORPG, but ignoring that.

WAR did ok with it, because having the keeps made it so smaller groups could fend of large groups for a prolonged period of time. WoW world PvP died a slow agonizing death. Couldn't get into City of Heroes and DC:UO.

Unfortunately, you can't balance human nature.

Simple solution to your problem,

1) leave ilum

2) gather friends (no friends? ask random people to join you)

3) Stick it to the fools that ate you for lunch.

4) Make a forum post about how great it felt to stand up like a man and get some revenge.

So, get farmed or dont play is your solution?

Edited by Ratham