How have people not hit 50 yet?

staysa

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than SWTOR what are your hobbies?

I golf, play football, shoot guns, hike, drink beer, watch play off games, socialize, enjoy the real world.

Maybe not everyone plays the game for 4-5 hours a night?

Let me ask you this, have you ever missed a meal, or didn't realize what time it was while playing SWTOR? If so, you are showing signs of addiction.

Have you ever been out on a hike or watch a play off game and missed a meal? Or been out with friends and drinking beer and lost track of time? That is signs of addiction.

really? really?

Edited by BadNewzzz

man, i wish i could stay in college till i was 32.........

those 4 years were the best years of my life (so far)

Agreed. Who the hell is in college at 32. Actually being in college at 32 you would be basically the creepy guy on campus. I don't envy him.

Choice.

I want t enjoy the game not zerg to 50 and go "*** do I do now?"

If i was 50 when the Illum garbage happened I would have unsubbed.

People zerg 50 and then complain they have nothing to do, or the game is buggy. I dont want to get a bunch of sleepless nights space barring through quests when I could actually enjoy the game and not treat it like a job.

Agreed. Who the hell is in college at 32. Actually being in college at 32 you would be basically the creepy guy on campus. I don't envy him.

It's called going back to college; lots of people do it, and it doesn't make them creepy. I knew a lady who went back to college in her late 40's after a lifetime working as a waitress. She got a law degree, became a lawyer, and eventually retired in her late 60's.

And to the OP; this whole thread reminds me of something a friend of mine said a few years back. He mentioned to me and another mutual friend that he had just hit a milestone the night before that neither of us were likely to ever reach; he had slept with his 100th woman. My knee jerk reaction was to say, "Wow, I don't know if that's impressive or pathetic." My thinking was pathetic, given that he avoided any women with any kind of substance and never "dated" a woman for more than a week, but I was a newly married man who was very much in love with his wife (and for the record, I'm even more in love with her now). For him, that milestone was rather important, though, so who was I to judge?

Same thing here. Maybe I'm being unfair, but my guess would be that you are rather young and that there isn't an awful lot going on in your life at the moment. Not saying that as a value judgment; there's nothing wrong with having no other priorities beyond gaming, but you might want to recognize that not everyone shares your outlook and your priorities. Personally, I'm about to move to Utah tomorrow to start a new job, and my priorities are: to do well at the new job, hired a strong assistant (the previous #2 separated from employment a few weeks ago), to get my wife a good job out there (and move her out as soon as possible), and a number of other things.

Playing this game is somewhere towards the very bottom of that list. There have certainly been times in my life when playing a game has been a much higher priority and I would have been envious of you (or would have gotten to 50 as fast or faster than you). But that's not where I am in life at the moment.

Not saying it's better or worse; just different, and just because other people don't have the same priorities as you doesn't make them better or worse; it just makes them different.

Edited by georgemattson

hmmm well let us see here...

Started playing 1 week after release.

I have 1 1/2 hours at the MOST to play each day. I'm at level 41.

Now, I get that your casual is 3-5 hours each day, maybe more, but for others that is not the case. I regularly get around 8 medals a match anyways, so I don't see how it matters.

I've played since the 17 Dec 2011 and I am still not 50 granted that may be due to the fact that I made a bunch of alts and played a little of every class until finally settling on Bounty Hunter (Awesome) but even so...After sticing with this class it has taken an extemely long time to level up I only play maybe 3 hours a day or less some days go by with out playing. All I know is compared to WOW (back in WOTLK) and DC Universe insanley fast 12 hours to max level speed this is a snails pace. Please if any DEV out there reads this just give us an increase of like 10% or so to exp gained and that might do the trick and people will see rewards faster....anywho back to Hoth level 39 now

Some of us realized there was limited end game. We also saw tons of players abuse the system to get to 50 and get the best gear and become pvp "gods." Lol. Enjoy the journey. The destination is flawed at this point. I am quite content to level up multiple toons and take my time. Edited by KrustyDog

awww poor wittle gamer upset cause every one else wont bow to your needs? Ya mad bro?

Get a freakin life you numb brained jackwipe.

Seriously you waste of resources, some people have lives that do not involve giving you what you want when you want it. Others maybe take their time and run every quest they can, get into the stories. Still others pay for their own subscriptions and kinda can do what they want, at the pace they choose.

I am sorry if i come across a bit strong, but self entitled little twits tend to set me off, they seem to have trouble grasping the idea that the world isnt there to please them.

It's called not wanting to rush to the end and be bored.

Plus there's that whole storyline thing to get involved in.

Off-line lives...

In-game distractions (crafting, chatting)...

Other games...

pr0n...

But yeah, yer a freakin' amazing person, brah. /envy

:rolleyes:

I play on more than one server, more than one side and have more than one character and what is the rush? So I can go to the amazing pvp battleground of Ilum?

The story lines are quite interesting even for many of my pvp only crazy guild mates.

The best pvp is 10-49. Which is a problem for this game. Valor farming has made lvl 50 pvp a joke for now valor farmers.

I'm leveling two republic and 3 imps. My highest level character is 35. I play all 5 of my characters depending on what I feel like playing. I also don't have a lot of time, especially during the weekdays. I only have time for space missions during the weekdays and normal questing on the weekends. However, my game time is not always guaranteed and some times I have to stop playing for like a week or two completely due to work.

Op have you ever read an entire novel in your life? I doubt it. Not everything is a fricking immediate gratification orgy. I hate this type of gamer mentality with a vicious passion. Leveling efficiency is not the mark of skill it's the mark of a tiny little attention span the kind ez mode gimme now mmo's have bred.