Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Nice necro.

Ilum got to be pretty nasty at times. But PvP in this game was still more fun with Ilum than without it, especially by 1.1.5.

Oh well...

RIP Ilum PvP

Man that does look like fun.

Bet the framerate was *********** awful though. Then again, it can't really get any worse than it already does.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

Wow, so that is what went down. Did they ever make any further comments on this or did they hope everyone would forget?

The Gree Event is their answer. As far as that goes, they might as well take out PvP servers and tell people they improved it by having an event in the Outlaws Den every once in a while.

Bet the framerate was *********** awful though. Then again, it can't really get any worse than it already does.

Yeah the frame rate was so bad at times that I'm confident in that's a 30 second video and not a picture.

It was. I've recreated the Pub experience in a slide format so you can feel like you were there.

1. Zerg assemble

2. Spam emotes

3. **** that's a lot of imps...

4. **** uuuuuu lag!!

5. This is boring I'm going in, come at me bros

6. Nevar furget... Can we get back to trading now?

Edited by Joesixxpack

• 3 years later...

up...the second thread with most view in pvp section, and last post 2 and a half years ago..all is said :(

clearly more sub PvPers before.

i really hope iokath will be as fun as illum world pvp, even if it was so laggy..with what we had after...illum was really good after all..i miss this period so much.

iokath, may the force be with you.

Edited by Thaladan

up...the second thread with most view in pvp section, and last post 2 and a half years ago..all is said :(

clearly more sub PvPers before.

i really hope iokath will be as fun as illum world pvp, even if it was so laggy..with what we had after...illum was really good after all..i miss this period so much.

iokath, may the force be with you.

I guess we find out in tomorrow. But with a lot of lag and FPS issues lately in 8 and 4 man pvp, I can't imagine Iokath is going to work any better

I remember reading this, was surprised I didn't post, but then I mostly posted on the Rakata Mind Prison server forums in those days...

I want to stay optimistic about Iokath but I have been going Dark side quite a bit today.

Edited by Soljin

This patch has a lot riding on it in regards to WPvP. If this turns out to be vanilla Ilum 2.0 then it's sad to say but BW will NEVER touch WPvP in this game ever again, so let's hope that isn't the case.

My optimise died when they created even more WZ lag in 5.0. Rubber banding and ability activation lag is at an all time high. I find it really hard to believe they can get OWPVP to work when they can't even get 16 man or 4 man pvp to work. Their last foray into pvp was Odessen and it's still a dogs breakfast with lag and bugs. It's a map I will leave 9/10 times unless I'm in a premade and the others want to do it.

i am downloading the maj, hoping it will be nice and playable. this can re-establish some prestige and fun to PvP...star wars needs a decent open pvp world

or the end. see ya on TRE tonight folks.

Edited by Thaladan

I decided to post my thoughts and concerns on Iokath WPvP in the General Discussion forum. Feel free to share your thoughts in that thread.

First let me start off by saying I'm not posting simply to be negative. I know the patch has only been out for around 13 hours as of this post but I have to air out these concerns since it seems like no one else has.

Iokath WPvP is quite underwhelming. I had to accept a story mission just to get on Iokath, choose a faction, and once I was on the planet I only ran into 1 enemy Republic player while skipping through the story. After that it took me about an hour to find a whole group of enemy Pubs. I decided to contact the few people on my Friend's List to invite me to their group, who were in the 1st of only 2 PvP instances and it took them just about as long to find the enemy faction and create WPvP. We ended up just farming them at their base until we got tired of them aggroing all the PvE mobs, and left.

The mobs... this planet is quite large but unfortunately this planet reminds me so much of Makeb. Mobs, mobs, and more mobs. You can't even walk 5 steps without aggroing a mob and it's annoying having to deal with these cluttered PvE mobs and the other faction just ends up running away to aggro as many mobs as possible.

Additionally, the rubber banding and ability delay still exist when more than 16 players and lots of mobs are on the screen. One of the healers in my WPvP Ops group was complaining about it when the Pubs started aggroing as many mobs as possible.

Lastly, the worst thing I believe is PvP/PvE instances. On Harb there were only about 2 or 3 PvP instances, in which only the first one was active with some WPvP, while the rest (about 10+) were PvE instances in which PvP does not and cannot take place. Frankly I believe as long as this instancing exists, the vast majority will go out of their way to avoid being "ganked".

Those are my thoughts. Feel free to share your experiences (or no experiences) of WPvP on Iokath.

Tl;dr – Planet is large, but WPvP is awkward and difficult to find; almost like Makeb, mobs every few meters that cannot be avoided; rubber banding and ability delay still exists; PvE instancing heavily discourages WPvP.

:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.