Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

not sure about pvp and lvl 50, my highest toon is 41.. but i can tell you every toon i have logged into since patch has been extremely laggy and almost unplayable. untill today the game was fun.. not its just annoying. hope the fix is more than just illum... the whole universe is worse than it was just 12 hours ago... this is not the best patch. wish i would see more response to the world issues but i understand that the illum is the biggest attention grabber.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh really? We're suppose to believe this when you put the turrets in our base that do damage to players instead of instant kill?

You took the time to think of a defense idea with the turrets, and since it was crap, you hide your failure of this idea behind an intended design?

Please oh please elaborate how any of these poorly designed PvP changes are getting through your internal testing?

Will you be getting rid of this cap when (IF) you optimize your Hero Engine to handle a game? Our clients would run better if you took the time to optimize it. If you take away the UI for example my FPS increases to 30fps while on Ilum with large groups of players around (including Empire players).

I would love an explanation about this. Please, hit us with some knowledge.

There is no huge valor gain by attacking other players on ilum.

People who said they were gaining 1k valor per whatever, are talking crap.

the max was 70 valor per player kill.

At most you would have got a few valor levels since the 1.1 patch.

Stop talking crap, there doesnt need to be a rollback.

Obviously has not been to ilum,

and has no clue what he's talkign about

Congratulations on failing to understand the real problem....
Yep... Still ignoring the faction imbalance...

It's getting ridicolous. The Valor gain is out of hand... Even on republic side i was able to gain about 15k Valor while not controlling Ilum in ONE hour. That's about 4 times you gain for doing Warzones. And Imps got much more valor due to full Ilum control...

But yet again, the PvP Dev (or to go further, all "lead" devs seem to do this) is ignoring the issues, and trying to fix things which ways that will never work. (Hint: Population imbalance isn't fixed by capping the zones...)

Edited by kaesebreze

I can not fathom the choice not to do a roll back. You put one side clearly ahead, and let them continue to farm for somthing meant to take weeks to a month to get. I'm on the Imp side, and going to cancel. It does amaze me though how some one keeps a job for killing games.

At least tell us the truth about the valor gain situation instead of sidestepping the issue...

I know PLENTY of people who openly admit that the valor gains in Ilum were absurdly high for those players taking full advantage of this 'mistake.' We have seen people jump from 69 to 71 valor in a matter of an hour. And they get to keep that? *********** stupid.

No rollback, exploiters get away with murder (quite literaly) and once again I get the shaft from having to go to work. My job changing my schedule in the middle of the term so I couldn't attend/ had to drop my classes I can handle but this is some BS.

TL;DR this is the last straw to my boss *ques Johnny Paycheck* take this job and shove it.

Nobody exploited anything

you guys who what a rollback... You guys obviously know NOTHING about mmos.

There is NO way to rollback one aspect of the game. IF biowear dose any rollbacks, it would affect EVERY PLAYER ON EVER SERVER. what dose that mean? it means that just about everyone who invested ANY time into there characters today would be pissed and quit the game...

Rollbacks are NEVER an option.