Confirmed: Everyone here over reacted.

Dashall

qft. Republic stopped doing the Ilum PvP dailies about 6 hours after the servers came up. Spawn camping isn't world PvP, but I expect no less from the Bioware-Mythic devs that brought us Warhammers massive tier 4 faction imbalances. In a couple months Ilum will be completely deserted by one faction.

This whole games pvp system is based on pvp squad ganking. Its the most laughable in the history of mmo's. You get to Ilum by constantly ganking in the so called warzones and why would you expect anything else but that when its supposed to be world pvp? BW has made the worst pvp system that could possibly been made due to devs who dont know what the hell to do in a real game. The huge drain of players after this first months free play comes to and end proves that nobody but fanbois will be left.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Post all the images and livestreams you wish, feel free to cry about the early hours on a patch day as is your right. People can fight on Ilum in an open world environment.

I play Republic, I know I'll be out numbered. That was a big factor in my decision to roll Republic.

People being camped at the base, take a speeder.

level 20 hero of the republic with his 2 cents

lets see you take a speeder when you're dead 1 second after you spawn and the speeder guy is 30 yards away

Yes, I am sure they are all just waiting there for free ice cream.

Did you see any of the live streams? How much more evidence do people need beyond seeing it with their own eyes?

None of the screens or livestreams show anything more than spawn camping and people getting 4-5k per hour.

Post all the images and livestreams you wish, feel free to cry about the early hours on a patch day as is your right. People can fight on Ilum in an open world environment.

I play Republic, I know I'll be out numbered. That was a big factor in my decision to roll Republic.

Looks like people can't even reach the speeders. Too much lag and too many Imperials to farm them.

None of the screens or livestreams show anything more than spawn camping and people getting 4-5k per hour.

you get what, 1.5k max from a warzone win? takes probably an hour to queue and play 3 warzones?

I'll go with the option where I can be afk and never lose, thanks.

And so that's ok?!?!?!

People couldn't even exit the zone if they wanted to. They had to resort to a Warzone queuing exploit. This is a serious problem.

Oh i'm sorry, i just had to stealth my way through 60+ imperials camping in my base only to meet 4 others destroying the walkers in the mid of the map :)

Also; There's no gosh darn crates with armaments there! :(

EDIT: BW has a swear filter? G-o-d d-a-m-n = Gosh darn? lolwut :D

Edited by Nastar

From Warzones to illum there are tons of people having fun.

This patch was a major upgrade for pvp. Hopefully blizzard does not subscribe their infiltrators to the game.

Yeah, then they could learn how much fun it is for people to be camped for 2.5 hours without a single thing they can do to escape.

you weren't on this morning...All the Imps got their 60+ valor...the evening crowd will clock in soon to "get to work"

Really, cause as an imperial that was on this morning and on Ilum I went from valor lvl 57.5 to roughly 57.75. These valor rumors were spread by trolls wanting to doom the game and people like you who are dumb enough to fall for it spread it even more, sending the forums into this roll back panic that is happening now. Is there performance issues happening, yes. Is there faction imbalances, yes, but we have known that since the beginning. You should address those issues and stop spreading non sense you know nothing about. Fact is, for a while this morning there were pretty even numbers for each faction on my server and PVP was actually pretty fun. As more imps showed up though and it became a massive zerg, the fun went away and I left the planet.

Also; There's no gosh darn crates with armaments there! :(

That's true I noticed that as well. Unless they are on a long spawn timer.

Beef up the base defenses too if needs be but this will die down. As I said, everyone over reacted.

And so that's ok?!?!?!

People couldn't even exit the zone if they wanted to. They had to resort to a Warzone queuing exploit. This is a serious problem.

Didn't say it was ok, its not. All I'm trying to do is make sure we talk about things that are actually problems instead of screaming the world is ending and people have over 9000 valor rank because of 1.1

Illum is ****ed up right now because of piss poor spawn design (Bioware's fault) and gross faction imbalance on most servers (player's fault).

you get what, 1.5k max from a warzone win? takes probably an hour to queue and play 3 warzones?

If you don't do damage you don't get credit for anything, ask the healers this morning how much valor they got.

Faster Valor is a good thing. Bonus valor for the under manned team would be a good step in the right direction though.

good luck getting to the speeder

I have yet to see anyone mention low level republic alts in ilum being killed over and over by the graveyard for free valor.

Is that working as intended?

Didn't see that, but if its true then of course that would be an exploit but diminishing returns are in and do work so killing the same person over and over is very inefficient over time.

Faster Valor is a good thing. Bonus valor for the under manned team would be a good step in the right direction though.

The problem is people who respawn give as much valor. The PVP team forgot the fundamental rule in PVP - If people have a reason to spawncamp, they'll do it.

Really, cause as an imperial that was on this morning and on Ilum I went from valor lvl 57.5 to roughly 57.75. These valor rumors were spread by trolls wanting to doom the game and people like you who are dumb enough to fall for it spread it even more, sending the forums into this roll back panic that is happening now. Is there performance issues happening, yes. Is there faction imbalances, yes, but we have known that since the beginning. You should address those issues and stop spreading non sense you know nothing about. Fact is, for a while this morning there were pretty even numbers for each faction on my server and PVP was actually pretty fun. As more imps showed up though and it became a massive zerg, the fun went away and I left the planet.

Lol I went from 1880 into Valor Rank 19 to 3867 Valor rank 23 with 2 hours of playing as a republic healer....