Wow the anti aliasing looks great!

deftech

Ok I was going to flame you and say read the tool tip on Anti Aliasing - it states "Feature has not been implemented yet." So I decided to do a little test.

I turned if off - looked at the edges of grates, floor, other straight lines. All jagged. Turned it on, everything pretty smooth.

So I think the tool tip on the Anti Aliasing feature is indeed not updated.

I would post with/without pics but I'm not really sure how to do it. But it's very obvious that it's on if you stand on the stairs in the Minimum Security Section of Belsavis.

Edited by Akella

A friend of mine logged in early this morning and told me it looks and plays fine. His comp isn't as powerful as mine so I figured that was a good sign. Then I come in here and you'd think it was the Armageddon. I can't wait to get home and see for myself. I get the sneaking suspicion it will be ok. I'll reserve judgement until then.

Ok I was going to flame you and say read the tool tip on Anti Aliasing - it states "Feature has not been implemented yet." So I decided to do a little test.

I turned if off - looked at the edges of grates, floor, other straight lines. All jagged. Turned it on, everything pretty smooth.

So I think the tool tip on the Anti Aliasing feature is indeed not updated.

I would post with/without pics but I'm not really sure how to do it. But it's very obvious that it's on if you stand on the stairs in the Minimum Security Section of Belsavis.

You don't have the option in game? I think the game looks SO much better now with AA enabled!

It runs fast too on my home pc 30+ fps. My work pc even can handle it around 12-17 fps with all the detail up.

I'm a graphics sucker though, not everyone cares about these things like I do!

Cheers!

You don't have the option in game? I think the game looks SO much better now with AA enabled!

It runs fast too on my home pc 30+ fps. My work pc even can handle it around 12-17 fps with all the detail up.

I'm a graphics sucker though, not everyone cares about these things like I do!

Cheers!

Well i do! :p and love the aa change :D

I am not a Bioware employee. I turned on AA to high, loaded several different characters in several areas to check after reading the posts here. Textures and AA looked FANTASTIC.

I have a GTX 550 TI in the rig I was on when doing this. FPS stayed in the 50 range, going as high as 70. Dropped to the mid 40s in the fleet (and down to 35 for the first 20 seconds in the Imperial fleet side then went back to the 40s).

I am not a Bioware employee. I turned on AA to high, loaded several different characters in several areas to check after reading the posts here. Textures and AA looked FANTASTIC.

I have a GTX 550 TI in the rig I was on when doing this. FPS stayed in the 50 range, going as high as 70. Dropped to the mid 40s in the fleet (and down to 35 for the first 20 seconds in the Imperial fleet side then went back to the 40s).

I'm about to drop money on either the 550TI or 560TI(not sure if the $50+ increase between the two is worth it) to upgrade my aging GTS250 just to play this game on max settings.

It's sad really.. considering I can run BF3 at an average of 30FPS on high settings with my current card.