The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Marauders are OP, I am serious,

leeroyclarkson

force jump is pretty powerful skill however. can literally get knocked down into the pit and target a rotworm coming out of spawn zone and force jump to goal line. for exp.

Force jump = BOOM! knocked back 90% of the time

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my Carnage marauder, but "Marauders are OP" Hardly, not even close.

Atm we are underpowered, not because our abilities arnt powerful enough, but simply because the ability delay effect us far more then any other class. specifically carnage spec suffers from this.

Which also means that people who say marauders are broken, are actually more correct then you. :)

And the way you reacted to people doing 300k damage made seriously roll my eyes, Omg a marauder did 300k damage, woopty doo :rolleyes:

Edited by Munx

Also, looking at your build...lol..why the hell do you have 3 points into Malice, for 6% crit chance on force attacks. In case you didn't know, ataru form procs Blood Frenzy, which makes Force Scream 100% crit. You wasted 3 points.

You should probably learn your game mechanics before you start laughing at people. Ataru procs are also force attacks.

The animation delay is a game issue not a class issue, yes ive used a workaround for that, but you can hardly blame that on the class itself, for the record though i have yet to experience the activation issue people are discussing.

Ill give you that people are having issues but from experience the majority of players are whiney little brats that have been spoiled by other games and it really does get old reading nothing but ***** posts from people that in all honesty in most situations is a l2p problem, im not calling you out on it or anything im just stating that it gets very annoying trying to read a post that actually speaks highly of the class and get through it only to see people invading the post with cry posts.

You're horribly wrong. As I said I play other classes too, and Marauder (and Jugg) have by far the worst with these bugs and delays. Marauder (and Jug) are not channeling classes, these are insta-skill classes, but there doesn't seem to be a skill-queue system that registers clicks properly leaving you trying to put up your undying rage for 4-5 seconds when it should instantly pop up. Retaliation same thing. Smash, force leap = missed target due to animation delay. Force choke, ravage = self root.

Yeah, l2p issue my arse

as I said, have fun watching people farm pvp comms in Ilum from a distance. Or you can charge in and die in 3 seconds.

Edited by Precurso

i find it extremely funny that every thread that say ANNIHALTION IS THE BEST EVERYONE ELSE'S CHOICES SUUUCK are considered normal, but this guy who camly states why he thinks carnage is extremely powerful is considered a troll.

and you guys actually use force charge as an initate? hahahahaha. maybe you should wait until they knockback you to use your gap closer....

Edited by DarthBoga

I prefer annihilation, its so damn strong vs healers & tanks im just unstoppable now ive upgraded my system. Maybe i'll give carnage another try on my new system but i found it severely lacking & reliant on gore to throw any real burst.

Before i was struggling on 20-30dps with ability delay/low fps.

It's seriously a whole new game.

Edited by Kodokai

I am seriously not trolling here, if you look at the damage breakdown at the end of a match, its all over the board most marauder fall somewhere in the middle. However, in every match that I get grouped into or against a guild on my server that plays together their (when I am against them and my (when I get randomly grouped with them)) dps is always top three. The reason I say we are overpowered it that consisently we are able to place in the top 3 with minimal support.

I've got to say it, but being top 3 DPS, or even top DPS means nothing. You can still lose a match HANDILY and your team is the top DPS. I've won pug matches without team being killed in DPS, but we won cause we actually passed the ball in huttball correctly, or defended flags properly and watched them properly. This idea that one stat makes a difference in the win means absolutely nothing. So lets look at what (from what you posted) would be useful to your team to win a PvP match.

Annihilation - Good for a long fight a node/door, so long as you have a healer. It also helps out your teammates slightly. Dot damage is nice for hitting multiple people, putting damage on group instead of 1 person.

Carnage - Good for damage over time, and more survivability, probably the more defensive of the 3 specs. Holding doors with a healer backup and a good tank can make it a very strong hold.

Rage - Great for zerging a node/door with another DPS teammate trying to get a quick cap before defenders get there to help. You are squishy but strong. Also great as a kind of defender in Huttball, in which you can be used to drop a healer fast or a ball carrier fast, as they are in the last steps to scoring.

I'm not trying to say damage is bad, because of course it isn't. You need damage to kill the opposition and without them dead you can't cap/score/plant. However, Marauders seem to be on the lacking end of versatility between their 3 specs. Now I haven't played around with my Marauder a ton, and obviously haven't gotten him to 50 and geared, but he doesn't seem nearly as versatile as my Operative/Powertech/Inquisitor and even some ways I find my Sniper to be more versatile, but that's a highly debatable subject I refuse to get into. I'm just saying that Marauders may be very good at damage, but people are forgetting that it's a team game you're going into, and they do not have a lot of team options on the table.

If you lead off with a force jump which, I am not going to lie I do often, always comes with the chance that you will be knocked back. But most classes knock back is on the same CD as our force jump so honestly it’s a pretty fair system, rage spec is nice for the secondary force jump if you have the rage to use. But I use force jump more defensively as well. If it’s too hot or I am done with a target I tab through enemies and jump away. Also you can set the delay on skills animations in the settings so you won't break off an attack early to start the next one. I started this thread before the 50 bracket and I have to admit we aren't OP anymore; we are more middle of the ground now.

I will admit that gore can be a pain to get off and if you are stunned or slowed you miss your opportunity but unlike rage that’s not our only trick as carnage. Massacre and force scream can be decent punches and as far as damage goes, you can roll your eyes if you want but it’s all based on how long the fight lasts, two sides each playing the full 7 mins on the reactor, 2/3 turrets taking out the ships for 15 mins, huttball locked up in the center with no advances, how many times you die, how many times you get stuck waiting for the next portal opening. When I say 300K damage, the next closest dealer was 197K. How many Bounty hunters have a vanish when they are getting close to death?

I am sure damage will get better as I achieve my battlemaster gear. But pvp is only one aspect of this game. I think the marauder has very good utility and with our ability to keep a droid stunned indefinitely we can be an asset for flashpoints. I also believe we are one of the strongest classes against almost anyone 1v1. When we aren’t being gang banged we have enough interrupts and armor stripping abilities that we can kill pretty effectively.

After testing I have also come to the conclusion that Carnage is infinitely better than Rage.

Rage is a one-trick pony. You only have Smash to go off of, and it requires setting up. With Carnage, you can get a critical on nearly every Scream you do... Smash can be at it's strongest every 50ish seconds, and if you happen to miss, then you lose your burst entirely (say your allied Juggernaught is a dumb dumb and Force Pushes them away right as you Smash... and yes... this happens to me way too often).

Massacre is basically a better version of the already-spammable Vicious Strike, and Massacre then procs your Blood Frenzy to cause an instant Force Scream Critical. It's great.

Plus, Carnage adds 2 snares which the other trees don't have, one is even ranged...

couple of quests here ater patch.

Anyone noticed abilities have changed at all?

it might just be me, but the abilitys on my toolbar seem to have been lagging more than normal/taking longer to take affect.

So far Force choke seems horrible in PvP compare to PvE, as even when stopped it takes a good 1+ secs before it actually sets off and works, even once used the target stun of the ability doesnt sometimes work a lot of the time and takes a good halfway through ability before it lifts them into air.

Again i need to test this but the "lag" from the UI toolbar seems a lot worse when i been playing marauder.

im not going to say mrd are op and im not say we are weak but something missing maybe it a lack of a real stun, but when i compare to a jugg who full set for pvp like me i lose to them in fight 1v1 jugg can stun force push and can take a beating where all i can do is dps u may say that alot but someone who know how to play jugg and is spec for pvp will **** a mrd and dont get me started on other classes im just saying mrd need alittle love, trust me we are lacking something the amount of dps we dish out doesnt compare to how fast we go down at least that what i think.

Only way a Marauder is OP is when he attacks the right people. Don't go attacking guys that are shielded to death or try to fight stealth players. Go after healers. Go after mobs if you are RAGE like me.

Had some great fights in Ilum last night because its a PvE server and not that many people play so i'd say it was 15 vs 15. We eventually took over Ilum, but it was an epic fight. Waaay better than WZ bs.

lol... I clicked forums... then class forums... Jedi knight and Sith warrior are both top left and top right of the page...

Here are the title of the two shown threads:

"Marauders are OP, I am Serious."

"Concensus: Are Sentinals underpowered."

ROFL

I find the statement learn to play generates a lot of hate, but coming from previous MMO's it was refreshing that as I leveled I really did NEED to read ALL of my skills and skill trees and understand what I could do. When it came time to defeat some of the end of chapter storyline bosses the only way I could defeat the boss solo was to learn my interupts, and my defensive CD's.

A very late game boss I popped call on the force to keep me alive and still died and thought, "well NOW how am I going to beat him." Then used the previous battle to change my tatics and defeated him without it but it relied on knowing all my skills. This was very refreshing because I really do believe the players I group with later in the game are going to know how to play thier classes better than a lot of high level players I grouped with in other MMO's.

I will concede that the thread title of this post probably needs to be changed to something like "Marauders, not as underpowered and sucky and everyone keeps crying about"

I would really like some Heavy Armor though, your progression video lied to me about how my end game armor was going to look. As well, All medium armor wearers in other MMOs have slealth or range.

II started this thread before the 50 bracket and I have to admit we aren't OP anymore; we are more middle of the ground now.

Can someone please update the title of this thread to "Marauders or middle of the ground, I am serious" please?

I just think it's super hilarious the Rakata Gear we get. Who thought up that? I know I'm a cyborg already but that takes it a little far. At least I get pant tho. Not cool pants but pants none the less.

Shut up, you love your robocop uniform

1."Serve the public trust"

2."Protect the innocent"

3."Uphold the law"

4.(Classified)

ANNIHILATION

PVP: pvp anni requires Predation to keep up with your target so you will not be able to use Berserk as often.

I disagree Predation rocks for hauling *** to a heal, thats it. Anny Berserk kicks *** . 18 Percent healing is fantastic, 35% really if you have frenzy up. I have no issues at all keeping on my target as he/she is constantly crippled. Not to mention the extra damage.. now if the would only flippin fix BLEEDOUT! FFS BW