The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a warning for calling Bioware for incompetent.

LOL.

Well Bioware. I still think you are one incompetent company for not seeing this coming despite all the threads that was created with people stating their concern, before 1.1 went live.....

And to people who keep saying its OUR fault cause we did not test this on the test server.

Well the patch was there for 1 week and there is no /level 50 or /character copy to the test server and I doubt ANYONE would powerlevel to 50 on a test server to try something out and later have their character deleted and then level again when a new patch is out on the test server

Edited by Victrixz

Sorry, I originally posted this in an inappropriate thread.

Over the last few year I have played several MMO's & one thing that confounds me & ruins the games for me is all the nerfing that happens right off the get go. Good gawd! This game is still wet behind the ears & already all you are doing is nerfing it because a few whiners cant take the time to figure out how to play the game as is & want immediate gratification to substitute for piss poor player abilities. Out of all the players in this game its natural that you will only hear from the minority so why not wait & let the MAJORITY actually provide valued feedback. You don't hear from the majority who are also proficient players because we are happy. Why start nerfing this game when its still so new. Every new MMO that has come out in the last few years & started nerfing right away because of a bunch of whining has failed or at the very least has had their membership drop to half (or much less) of what it could have been. LEAVE THE FRIGGEN GAME ALONE! Note the whining & let it ride. Wait until you can get feedback from the majority either through active solicitation or general input. You already screwed up by nerfing slicing, now this crap?

As an old fart who has been playing around for YEARS, (& as a large public program manager for years) I am telling you, you guys a screwing up by the numbers. The most vocal sector is not always the majority & in 6 months this game will fail like Rift did if you don't stop now. Some in my group have been beta testing for you since day one & we are, I think, a more mature professional crowd .... & NON OF US WANT, BELIEVE IN OR SUPPORT these nerfs.

Come on guys, you can do better than this. Don't give in to the narrow minded, mostly minors, whiners here. Roll back these nerfs.

Oh, & I know there are going to be many folks who will unfortunately want to flame out here. Rant all you like, this is not for you but for the developers & I wont be back around to view you trash talk so have it kids.

good post. fully support this one! should get attention

For those saying the turrets give 0 Valor, I'm curious, it's possible that one particular aspect was hotfixed and thus why some people are claiming it and others are not.

That said, if that was the case I would've thought they would've posted saying they hotfixed that one aspect while they worked on the others.

Who knows though.

Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:

• No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.

Update #1

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an official response to these issues (we used the term "potential" during our initial investigating, and have now removed the wording on the title of this thread) and we will be posting it soon. Please understand that these issues require some time to investigate and we are making sure that we provide you all with the most updated information in our official response.

We understand that some of you may be frustrated, but we ask for your patience on this to give us time to respond with thorough developer input.

Thank you to those of you that have been posting constructively in this thread.

We will have a response shortly.

Wasn't this tested on the public server? If it was, was it monitored? If so, by whom? Whoever it was should be removed from their job...

That said, on my server, it is a one sided farm fest of valor. What is worse, is that the lag was so bad, even though the specs of my computer far exceed what Bioware has published, that it is unplayable.

What is even worse, is that the majority of the settings I would tweak to improve my FPS and/or graphics performance, have been disabled by Bioware.

In conclusion... What a nightmare!!!

Funny to see 180+ pages of people who have played this game to much ************ they broke something and haven't fixed it in 10min...

Go outside for a day and do something productive while they try and fix it

dude not that simple. People will have Rank 100 by the end of the day. It's a big problem for the PvP end.

You could farm to battlemaster in a day with these ridiculous valor gains.

I do not want to fight an army of full battlemasters in a week.

Rollback the valor, idgaf about the other issues.

You screwed up, Bioware, big time. You destroyed the PvP gearing system in a matter of hours. People who farmed weeks for rank 60 now see random people dinging 60 in a matter of hours. Warzones have become USELESS.

Rollback the valor, be smart, take my advice.

Some exploiters will rage, but it's always better than losing thousands of subs

Relax they say. It will be fine they say. I say that's crap.

The only possible fix is to rollback the valor, I don't want to compete against 200 battlemasters when I hit 50 next week, I do not.

If they simply don't revert the valor gained since 1.1 I am canceling my sub.

PvP is what I play SWTOR for, and nothing else. People having HUGE gear advantages due EXPLOITING a patch is not what I signed up for.

Rollback the valor gained since 1.1 or lose thousands of subs, seems like an easy choice for bioware.

Yet why do I have the feeling they'll just let everyone keep their valor, like with the money exploits.

Yeah I have to say if there is no rollback my days in SWTOR are finished. The PVP in this game was not only my fav thing, but one of the only things that seemed to worked correctly. Now its just bonked. Aside from Illium, all the valor the imps have farmed has already imballanced warzones to the point of why bother? Hell why not just get the imps instant valor 60, and a free set of gear to go with it.

I been grinding away at valor since I hit 50 2 weeks ago, and felt I was making good progress, now though. Why bother?

So 1.1 turned me into one of them "do this or I quit" guys. Very sad day indeed.

Yeah I have to say if there is no rollback my days in SWTOR are finished. The PVP in this game was not only my fav thing, but one of the only things that seemed to worked correctly. Now its just bonked. Aside from Illium, all the valor the imps have farmed has already imballanced warzones to the point of why bother? Hell why not just get the imps instant valor 60, and a free set of gear to go with it.

I been grinding away at valor since I hit 50 2 weeks ago, and felt I was making good progress, now though. Why bother?

So 1.1 turned me into one of them "do this or I quit" guys. Very sad day indeed.

What you said.

dude not that simple. People will have Rank 100 by the end of the day. It's a big problem for the PvP end.

Big problem for PvE too since so many will be running around in full top epics, they'll start to be required for raids. I've been at work all day, so no Ilum for me.

I feel like I've been left hopelessly behind both PvP and PvE because of Ilum.

lol I love how everyone has missed this.

I don't think anyone "missed" it - it just wasnt' a meaningful response so much as a plea for understanding and patience. I am a fairly polite and patient guy, but this is a political answer to an obvious issue rather than an attempt to actually inform us concerning the reason for the delay.

Granted, there is no need to "discuss it in a committee," as Han and Leia would say. Just take the servers down and fix it (e.g., rollback) seems to be the answer that was obvious to everyone hours ago. Gamer sites are starting to take notice, and BW is about to have a lot of unnecessary mud in its eye, which I don't want. I love BW - my favorite game developer. I don't want this to tank their image.

Edited by DralenBrand

Funny to see 180+ pages of people who have played this game to much whining because bioware broke something and haven't fixed it in 10min...

Go outside for a day and do something productive while they try and fix it

^^^agreed, i think the developer know that they done screwed up.

Wasn't this tested on the public server? If it was, was it monitored? If so, by whom? Whoever it was should be removed from their job...

That said, on my server, it is a one sided farm fest of valor. What is worse, is that the lag was so bad, even though the specs of my computer far exceed what Bioware has published, that it is unplayable.

What is even worse, is that the majority of the settings I would tweak to improve my FPS and/or graphics performance, have been disabled by Bioware.

In conclusion... What a nightmare!!!

There's no character copy for the PTS, so I imagine that turns off a lot of people from getting involved with it. People still have plenty of characters to level on their real server, I can't imagine many want to level to 50 just for a test server. It's definitely something that needs to be addressed relatively soon.

the games pvp went from fun to stupid in one patch..

I have to agree and at the moment i'm not touching my lvl 50 sorc because i'm so annoyed about all the hard work i have put in to get to lvl56 valour and they now do this, thx alot BW

hmm lets see after a day of playing with 1.1

-ranged class's have gained nearly 10+ ranks(check)

-melee have gained 1 unless they leached (check) both republic and empire

-massive fps drops on top spec pcs form 120 frames to near snail crawls of 10 frames (check)

- massive frame drops to 1 fps on low performance pcs that before this update were running the game fine (check)

- not enought crates spawning for the dailys (check)

- valour is nice and high but neglects melee (check)

- warzone valour incomparson is tiny (check) 1k for 15 misn or 15k for 15 mins

- pvp bags champion still give previously gained items (check)

- loading screens at the republic base every 5 meters for lower performance specs(check)

- crash's to desktop due too overloaded memorey form going into 5 or 6 loading screens within 2 minutes (check)

- telling me where empire targets why do i need to know this if im on there side? and vice versa (check)

- loading into warzones and the dreaded desertion time. adding the time ti takes for the laod screens to pop up if you click the enter or join button outside of the first 10 seconds you will most likely be booted form the warzone before loading in or entering the area (check)