How Endure Pain works. Please read before you post any comments about Endure Pain.

LordExozone

I see so many people posting about Endure Pain who claim they know exactly how this ability works yet after posting turn out to have absolutely no clue on how this ability works in practise.

So here is how this ability really works:

Endure Pain has a 3 minute cooldown (1.5 minute after the patch). When you activate it, your current health is increased by 30% of you max health for a duration of 10/12.5/15 seconds (depending on talents).

Example: Your max health is 10.000 hp. Activating Endure Pain results in your health being increased to 13.000 hp.

Example 2: Your max health is 10.000 hp. You have taken damage so your current health is 4.000 hp. Activating Endure Pain results in your health being increased to 7.000 hp.

Now after the duration of 10/12.5/15 seconds, those extra healthpoints are substracted again from your current healthpool. Even if you have taken damage during the duration of Endure Pain, the full amount of extra health you gained from Endure Pain is substracted!

Example: Your max health is 10.000 hp. Activating Endure pain results in your health being increased to 13.000 hp. You take 3.000 damage while under the effect of Endure Pain. You now have 10.000 hp. Endure Pain runs out and the bonus health is substracted from your current health. You end up with 7.000 hp.

Contrary to what some believe and insist on believing, damage you take while under Endure Pain's effect is not taken away from the bonus health first (which would essentially make Endure Pain an absorb shield). Damage is taken from your normal health first, and only when that runs out damage is taken from the bonus health!

Note that this means using Endure Pain as an offensive ability while you have full or close to full health has absolutely no effect unless you expect to take 130% of your max health in damage within 10/12.5/15 seconds!!!

Example: Your max health is 10.000 hp. You have taken damage and are at 1.500 hp. Activating Endure Pain results in your health being increased to 4.500 hp. You take 2.000 more damage while under the effect of Endure Pain. You now have 2.500 hp. Endure Pain runs out, and the bonus health is substracted from your current health. You end up with 1 hp. (as you cannot die from the health loss from Endure Pain running out)

Conclusion: Endure Pain should only ever be used when you are low on health, to allow time to either win the fight or just do some extra damage before it runs out, or give a healer time to heal you. The only time you should use this offensively is when you charge in at low health for some reason, or when you expect to take massive damage (130% of your max health) within 10/12.5/15 seconds.

Hope this writeup helps!:)

You shouldn't be punished for using a defensive cool-down. While I understand what you're saying, I don't agree with it.

Every other class has way more defensive and healing abilities than we do and we get left out. Why? Because we have heavy armor. The reason we get dicked out of everything good we ever get.

Why do jugs get less dps than other dps classes. Heavy armor.

Why do jugs get less defensive cds than other classes. Heavy armor.

Why do jugs get less CC than other classes. Heavy armor.

Why are JK/SW more kitable than any other class. Heavy armor.

Its ridiculous. Every freaking MMO too. IMO Every person working for bioware on the balance team should be forced to play the JK/SW until they work out all the damn problems.

Don't even get me started with the animation clipping BS that doesn't allow you to attack for 2-5 seconds.

Edited by Tzaz

You shouldn't be punished for using a defensive cool-down. While I understand what you're saying, I don't agree with it.

Every other class has way more defensive and healing abilities than we do and we get left out. Why? Because we have heavy armor. The reason we get dicked out of everything good we ever get.

Its ridiculous. Every freaking MMO too. IMO Every person working for bioware on the balance team should be forced to play the JK/SW until they work out all the damn problems.

Don't even get me started with the animation clipping BS that doesn't allow you to attack for 2-5 seconds.

Yet it doesn't seem to apply to bounty hunters, who are unkitable (something forbidden to us), have real CC, and enough tankability to solo tank like we do alonge with much more aoe to tank aoe better.

There are people out there who don't understand Endure Pain..?

I thought it's use was pretty obvious...wait until you're almost dead and pop it for a quick heal/max health extender which doesn't really matter because you're probly going down anyway. It's basically just a free medpack every few minutes..

There are people out there who don't understand Endure Pain..?

I thought it's use was pretty obvious...wait until you're almost dead and pop it for a quick heal/max health extender which doesn't really matter because you're probly going down anyway. It's basically just a free medpack every few minutes..

A free medpack that removes itself from you at the end, which is the problem people have with it.

Endure Pain is simply very useful when you are low on health to give time to your healer to pump you back.

the upside of what you said is the following :

you are at 100 Hp out of 10000 about to die. You do endure pain rise you to 3100 Hp out of 13000. Healer heal you back to full health you have 13000 out of 13000. You lose the max bonus you are now 10000 out 10000.

ETA or anotehr scenario , you are at 100, boss about to slap you for 1500. Endure pain => 3100 you go down to 1600 after boss damage. Healer has time to heal you back.

Now it is much less useful than a heal than other heavy armor class do have. I don't remember if it is power tech or mercenary , but one has a 15% heal on cool down of 3 minutes.

Edited by Aepervius

A free medpack that removes itself from you at the end, which is the problem people have with it.

Well I mean what do you want it to do? It's a clutch survival ability. It's gotten me several Huttball scores in the final seconds of walking by using it near death. Saved me in some fights too. Works like its intended to do, a mini second wind to try and snatch a victory from defeat. It's not like you die when it wears off either, you'll get dropped to 1 HP. Granted if you have a DoT on you or something you're toast but at least you took someone down with you/scored haha.

Edited by Dreadspectre

One issue I have with it as a healer is that I can't tell when you guys use it very easily. You may pop it and I'll heal you to above 50% then move on to heal another target only to have you drop down to below 10% the next second and die before I can do anything about it. To me it looks like you just used a medpack or something. There should be a different color to the "extra health". And they should not make one red and one green. Too many people out there can't tell the difference between those two colors.

A different color would help. It could be just the entire health bar.. .healers would be quick to figure it out.

This ability really has two uses:

To survive a little longer (And combo'ed with immortal it is basically a 50% health buff for 10 seconds) which allows you to score, prevent a bomb plant during a respawn cycle or to keep ppl off the turret a little longer.

Or

To prevent spike damage from instantly killing you in raid instances (I don't know the exact mechanisms of bosses in end-game raiding for SWTOR as I have not ran any raids on this game as of yet)

Well I mean what do you want it to do? It's a clutch survival ability. It's gotten me several Huttball scores in the final seconds of walking by using it near death. Saved me in some fights too. Works like its intended to do, a mini second wind to try and snatch a victory from defeat. It's not like you die when it wears off either, you'll get dropped to 1 HP. Granted if you have a DoT on you or something you're toast but at least you took someone down with you/scored haha.

It has neve gotten me a score in huttbal i would not had gotten without it. It buys at most 2 hits from othe level 50s in pvp gear. I have also yet to be in a pvp match where i wasn't consitantly covered in dots. It is situational at best not an adequate general purpose defensive cooldown. I have had several ideas for what would make it better. Make it only drop 15% of the 30% health from you health pool while also cleansing hostile effects. That would actually make it a worthy survivability cooldown.

Endure pain is amazingly awesome as a last resort when holding off a group untill reinforcement comes, or when you're fighting someone solo and got the mindset "well I might go down, but I'm gonna take you before I do"

Only ****** thing is you'll have 1 health left so someone can just run up and pottshot you.

This CD is pretty universal in most MMOs, and it always removes the health it granted after a certain amount of time. It primarily shines in a raid setting, where, by the time the health falls off, your healers would've had time to get you topped back off. I literally can't tell you how many times Last Stand, the WoW equivalent (except it grants 40% instead of 30%), saved my *** in raids.

If people have a problem with the health falling off...I'd say, get over it. It's a universal talent with a universal effect.

This CD is pretty universal in most MMOs, and it always removes the health it granted after a certain amount of time. It primarily shines in a raid setting, where, by the time the health falls off, your healers would've had time to get you topped back off. I literally can't tell you how many times Last Stand, the WoW equivalent (except it grants 40% instead of 30%), saved my *** in raids.

If people have a problem with the health falling off...I'd say, get over it. It's a universal talent with a universal effect.

And that is the problem. It was meant to be a general survivability buff its main use is in raiding, not general survivability. The fact the fact that without a healer it doesn't actually make you survive (since it takes away from the pool it gave you). In PvP 1-2 attack can remove the amount it gives you. While something like saber ward, evasion, cloak of pain, any of the shields that are on less than a 3 minute cooldown can mitigate tons of attacks for their entire duration. Yes endure pain is bad compared to those in general survivability.

it wouldnt surprise me that a lot of the people that are like ZOMG ENDURE PAIN IS BAD are new to the MMO-genre, gotta remember, theres a ton of SW fans that just jumped into this game cause they saw SW in front of the TOR

You'd be wrong. Been an MMOer since Dark Age.

You'd be wrong. Been an MMOer since Dark Age.

1 of 1.5 million players, yeah im totally wrong here

if you're using endure pain correctly, its in a situation where you'd be dead otherwise, so it actually is a survivability increase, pretty much common sense there

1 of 1.5 million players, yeah im totally wrong here

if you're using endure pain correctly, its in a situation where you'd be dead otherwise, so it actually is a survivability increase, pretty much common sense there

No it's not a general survivability increase. Saber ward can literally save my life. Evasion can literally save my life, undying rage can literally save my life, a shield can literally save my life. Endure pain in end game pvp and even pve with multiple mobs and no healer doesn't mitigate near as much damage as those other cooldowns and then to top it off does damage to you at the end of the duration. With the amount of dots in both pvp and pve that damage can and often does kill me. If you still die in a fight after popping endure pain when your other cooldowns would save you, that makes endure pain a worse cooldown and a piss poor general survivability cooldown.

It good in raids where things are controlled and you have a healer who isn't also being CCd/interupted. In pvp it's bad and solo pve it's also probably the worst cooldown in the game.

Use it to counter spikes so your healer can deal.

Same as Last Stand in WoW.

Again, that makes a situational ability at best. the idea was to increase the Juggs general survivability which this does not do.

Again, that makes a situational ability at best. the idea was to increase the Juggs general survivability which this does not do.

I figured the idea was for it to work like similar abilities have worked in MMOs for years.

All of our 'oh ****' abilities are situational.

ok using a game of huttball for example.

in 15 minute game you could realistically use endure pain 3-4 times in the entire duration of the game.

bioware was kind enough to cut that CD in half

now you are using it 6-9 times a game realistically, you just doubled your ability to make aggressive plays and survive, thus uping your survivability, or even straight up running the huttball, please now explain through obvious numbers how thats not a survivability increase

Why are JK/SW more kitable than any other class. Heavy armor.

I whole heartly agree with this post, but I fear they will not being fixing us anytime soon if at all.

P.S I rolled a Op and lay waste maurders/sents jugs/guardians. They are always nearly dead if I get a clean open on them before they even come unstunned. There is serious balance issues.

P.S.S I am leveling up a BH now, but I already know the outcome....don't I.

I like playing my Jug more than anything but I will be damned if I want to get rolled by even most baddies and not stand a chance against decent players.

Edited by Redec

I really was disappointed by Endure Pain, especially how completely useless it is except in certain and very very rare situations.

I have been playing on the BH side and had gotten a heal from them, so when my Juggy got Endure Pain I thought that it was awesome, now I had a self-heal. Talk about disappointment when I find out the health is gone 10 seconds later.

So the already weak Juggernaut (it feels very weak compared to PT at least, less able to survive and less ability to hold aggro on more than one mob) is just even weaker, since they don't have even a small self-heal ability. :(

Almost in every MMO I played there is a similar ability for a tank, the difference is when it wears off if your health drops below 0 you die, BW was kind enough to give 1 hp.

I actually expected to die when I first time used it and was pleasantly surprised to see my toon alive and kicking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.