If no one else is willng to say it, I will..

Kunra

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orbital stations are pointless, and so are hangars, we should just be able to travel to our ship instantly, with fast travel or from a taxi. That would be a good solution. And why can't we use our speeders in the orbital stations and hangars anyway? It's just pointless running around.

And furthermore... why do speeders have to be so SLOW?! You pay 40k+8k for a 90% speed increase, yeah that's a decent improvement... but then... 210k+25k for a 10% speed increase and another 330k+55k for another 10% speed increase, and even with an 110% speeder it still feels like you're crawling.

Speeders should have SPEED. They should at least be about as fast as the taxis. The scenery should be flying by like the Endor speeder chase scene in Return of the Jedi.

It should feel FAST. And you should be able to get somewhere and get on with your mission fast. Especially for how much it costs. They way I see it, speeder rank 1 should be 100% increase, rank 2, 150-200% increase, rank 3, 200-300%.

Edited by AeonWeapon

Orbital stations are pointless, and so are hangars, we should just be able to travel to our ship instantly, with fast travel or from a taxi. That would be a good solution. And why can't we use our speeders in the orbital stations and hangars anyway? It's just pointless running around.

Yeah, and we should be able to level in 2 days.....and, and, we should get phat lewts just for logging in, and tradeskills should only take a day to level up, and should make us millions, and, and....

Stow it skip. We like our game as it is.

I have a question. If the ridiculous traveling in this game is to bring some realism to it, then why can I land on a planet across the galaxy, use my fleet pass and then my ship is docked at the fleet instead of the planet I left it on.

I was honestly worried about this first time I used a fleet pass. I was like, how am I going to get back to my ship. But no worries. It flew itself back to the fleet for me and I bet my ship didn't have to go through a single loading screen.

You must have alot of time on your hands. Hell my very limited game time is my relaxation time, and I like to have fun with it, not do tedious things.

Actually no, I don't have much time to play. But I'm not in a hurry either. It's not like I have to visit my ship every hour to play the game so the occasional traveling only adds to the immersion, for me at least.

You must have alot of time on your hands. Hell my very limited game time is my relaxation time, and I like to have fun with it, not do tedious things.

"Tedious", much like "quality of life", are terms used by the incredibly lazy to justify the removal of game features to appease their ADHD and/or "ooh, shiny" addiction.

There are flashpoint shuttles in many cities and outposts that you can take directly to the fleet station. I have found them to be conveniently located and indicated on the map, and I use them quite often.

It is still the regular ol hassle of getting back to where I was, but at least it has been cut in half by the shuttles.

People talk about this fleet ticket or something. I imagine it is purchasable on the fleet station? but i don't know.

"Tedious", much like "quality of life", are terms used by the incredibly lazy to justify the removal of game features to appease their ADHD and/or "ooh, shiny" addiction.

Yeah I have ADHD because I don't like wasting my limited time. Maybe you don't have other things that demand your time, but I do, all day. And when I have time to relax and play a game, the point is to have fun, not run around for 15 minutes to get to the fun.

People talk about this fleet ticket or something. I imagine it is purchasable on the fleet station? but i don't know.

It's in your ability window, in the general tab. You can use it once every 8 hours and it takes you right to the fleet, like quick travel. I wish we had one to take us to our ship.

Edited by AeonWeapon

Traveling in MMOs to do anything has and always will be a purposeful time sink. It's to delay progress and make for an immersive adventure. Please name the MMO that allowed you to instantly teleport anywhere and let you train all of your new skills in a game zone rather than a city. Anyone?

Seriously. All of you do just want an I win button. You sound as entitled as the cell phone users I deal with day in and day out at work. I pay so I get what I want or I'm going elsewhere.

You pay to play a game whose rules and design are set by the company who made it. Not you. Go else where. To the game that let's you do all of these things at the touch of a button.

Yeah I have ADHD because I don't like wasting my limited time. Maybe you don't have other things that demand your time, but I do, all day. And when I have time to relax and play a game, the point is to have fun, not run around for 15 minutes to get to the fun.

MMOs arent really for people with limited time. You may want to try a single player game.

Delay progress?! Why would anyone want that? Sorry but I have a life to live.

It's a subscription based game. The longer it takes you to accomplish something the longer you stay in game. No instant gratification here. It's not Contra. Sorry. This is what an MMO is. Has been. Always will be.

I want Insta-travel between Planets and Fleet.

To hell with Starports and Profession Hangars and Orbital Stations and Ship.

It's boring and stupid.

There, I said it.

If, for some reason you dissagree, thats your right. Personally, I think your nuts.

Boring and stupid. Thats the real issue. make it fun or take it out

So limited in your time that you are spending a Saturday morning doing nothing more than complaining how you don't have enough time to play a game the way it was designed to be played.

Life is very pressing for you I see.

It's a subscription based game. The longer it takes you to accomplish something the longer you stay in game. No instant gratification here. It's not Contra. Sorry. This is what an MMO is. Has been. Always will be.

You think? So they should waste our time for subscription money? That's what MMOs are, or that's what WoW is? Play a real game, I played some other great MMOs while you guys were dicking around in WoW. I always had fun in City of Heroes, and travel time was limited, we had travel powers, flew to our missions, or teleported, or super jumped, it was short but fun travel. Anarchy online was great, and travel time was limited by the grid system and vehicles.

Another empty argument. You people who don't want convenient things because it's not exactly like WoW should just go back to WoW and ride around on your lions and tigers and dragons.