Skip the starting areas

Huatar

It gets extremely tedious to have to go through the starting areas for each character. On the first run, it's fun and exciting - but after, the excitement just runs its course and the whole thing becomes a grind to just get out.

So this is what I would like to suggest:

Once a character has been created, and has already completed the main storyline for their starting zones, any character created of the same class - on any server - should be allowed to bypass the starting zones and resume the game at level 10 - by choice - with the quest to go to their faction fleet. I said "by choice" because a player can choose to go through their starting areas as normal, or they can choose to skip it entirely and start at level 10.

Edited by Huatar

It takes 1/2 hours to complete the starter area once you know it...

Took me 45 minutes to get my Jedi Consular to level 11 after I made my Jedi Shadow.

Took me an 1 hr 20 mins to level my scoundrel after I did my Gunslinger.

It's so darn fast that it's pointless to even consider changing it.

This game has more important problems.

Just wait til you start doing Taris again, or Tatooine, Alderaan, Hoth, etc.

Ive done Dormund Kass, Balmaro, Nar Shadaa three times already on the same base class. I have done up to Alderaan up to 3 times for all character. Well. I'm alt-holic.

Edited by ryancwn

Took me 45 minutes to get my Jedi Consular to level 11 after I made my Jedi Shadow.

Are you talking about doing only the main quests or something? That seems extremely fast. I did a pretty speedy run through ord mantel and the /played was 2.5 hours.

Care to put that to a test? I am a bit skeptical.

Skip to level 10, eh? Why level 10? Because that's where you choose your AC?

Why not level 14? That way you get sprint right off the bat.

Why not level 25? Then you can start with a speeder.

Heck, why not 50? Many players only seem to care about the endgame anyway.

/sarcasm off

Yeah right. Don't make the lie so extreme if you don't want to be laughed at.

1/2 hour huh? Right.

It gets extremely tedious to have to go through the starting areas for each character. On the first run, it's fun and exciting - but after, the excitement just runs its course and the whole thing becomes a grind to just get out.

Once a character has been created, and has already completed the main storyline for their starting zones, any character created of the same class - on any server - should be allowed to bypass the starting zones and resume the game at level 10 - by choice - with the quest to go to their faction fleet. I said "by choice" because a player can choose to go through their starting areas as normal, or they can choose to skip it entirely and start at level 10.

you must be 12.

Are you talking about doing only the main quests or something? That seems extremely fast. I did a pretty speedy run through ord mantel and the /played was 2.5 hours.

I focused on class quests yeah...

When I leveled my Gunslinger I couldn't even move during some of the quests because my computer couldn't handle "shadows" and I had them on "low" instead of turning them off.

Despite the fact I couldn't even hardly move my character and didn't know what I was doing I cleared the starter area in under 3 hours.

Re-playing it and actually having the ability to move my character freely made me fly through the zones like nothing...

Edit: I also skipped all the cut scenes/conversations.

Edited by Saviorofcamelot

God forbid you need to work towards something.

You still have to do the work in order to get to it, initially, and you can choose to skip it the second, third, fourth, or more times you decide to create the same class.

you must be 12.

Turning 21, this year. Thank you for the assumption.

Edited by Huatar

It's not really that hard to finish the starting areas. Plus if alts were able to skip the starter zones, it would be too hard for new players to get heroic groups. Some people, gasp, actually like helping new players, and if you took away the prime opportunity for these two groups to meet, then it wouldn't help anyone.

Just to confirm that people actually read my initial post, instead of reading the topic title and replying based on that;

What I'm suggesting is that once a player has gone through a starting area on a character of a specific class, that player can later choose to skip the area if they create a character of the same class.

Note that I'm suggesting as an option, not asking for it to be forced like what I think a lot of people are assuming.

Skip to level 10, eh? Why level 10? Because that's where you choose your AC?

Why not level 14? That way you get sprint right off the bat.

Why not level 25? Then you can start with a speeder.

Heck, why not 50? Many players only seem to care about the endgame anyway.

/sarcasm off

My sentiments exactly

DAOC in its later life had a /20 to level alts to 20 instantly as long as you already had a 50. It was very popular actually and was very popular because the 20 to 24 battleground was very popular. Kept many people subbed for some time.

If you dont like leveling, either stop making characters or play a different game.

If you dont like leveling, either stop making characters or play a different game.

You're not getting the point.

I just want the option to skip something I'm, as of right now, required to do on each character I create. It's unavoidable. Skipping through dialog doesn't cut it, for me.

I get bored of doing something after two, or three, separate times. I want to move past the starting zone, already, and get into the actual game.

I have a level 21 Republic Trooper on one server. I like the character. I want to be able to keep playing him, but I have an issue; I rolled on the server in order to roleplay, and it was too late when I realized that the RP was on another server. I re-created the Trooper on the other server, and grew bored of it because I had already gone through the entire zone twice before. I was tired of it.

EDIT: And I don't want to hear that snide response, "Oh, well you can just level your trooper back up to there only in two days." Bull-crap. It took me a week to get my first Trooper up that high, and I was on around twelve hours every day.

I kept track. Seriously.

Edited by Huatar