Skip the starting areas

Huatar

I will have to disagree with OP on this, ive got 8 toons, some of them are both from the same class-arc-storyline and i've still enjoyed starting back in the starting areas...

I find them still quite enjoyable, even after all these times ive been bck to them, and thats not even adding the times i did them too during beta testing, still enjoy them today....

And there rly not that long/tidious to do.... :)

Keep it like that for now i say;)

I just don't understand the logic of the OP. What makes the first 1-10 levels MORE repetitive than the levels 10-50?

Now if the opening levels were actually a tutorial (which it isn't), then I could see the point of skipping it. Learning WASD movement and tab targeting/attacking would be superfluous on subsequent play.

No offense but I find this to be a pretty stupid idea. Skip the area where you learn the basics on how to play your class? The only reason for this is if you make the same class but choose a different advanced class. I think that 99% of the people will play other classes first before making the same one over again.

Its a few hours work. If you skip as much as possible 2 hours tops.

Other then that there really is no reason to skip the first planet and not the second...or the third...

Edited by Gokkus

It takes 1/2 hours to complete the starter area once you know it...

Took me 45 minutes to get my Jedi Consular to level 11 after I made my Jedi Shadow.

Took me an 1 hr 20 mins to level my scoundrel after I did my Gunslinger.

It's so darn fast that it's pointless to even consider changing it.

This game has more important problems.

I call shenanigans on this. 45min through all of tython, not possible. there's 45min of just pure running on tython and that's not counting actually doing each of the quests.

No. For starters, there is no real reason to limit this to level 10 since the characters ENTIRE quest line is the same, so the very same logic works all the way upto 50... which is exactly why it shouldn't be done. Second, the prologue planets are by far the quickest 10 levels in the game. An experience player can mow through them in a couple hours. If you really push I'm sure you could get through them in under an hour. So, such a modification is putting lots of development time in for near no gain to the player.

Bioware isn't going to render an entire planet null and void just because leveling to 10 is annoying.

I recommend thinking up some new quests for those planets. Storyline quests are pretty much unchangeable, but sidequests can be added without throwing off the flow.

I get bored of doing something after two, or three, separate times. I want to move past the starting zone, already, and get into the actual game.

The starter areas are not like some sort of extended tutorial or something. They are part of the game. They're the start of your story arc. Why should be able to skip them any more then you could skip Nar Shadda or Hoth?

It took me a week to get my first Trooper up that high, and I was on around twelve hours every day.

It took you 3.5 days /played to get to lvl 21? Sorry but I find that very hard to believe, considering most people can make it to 50 in 5-6 days played.

• 2 years later...
I call shenanigans on this. 45min through all of tython, not possible. there's 45min of just pure running on tython and that's not counting actually doing each of the quests.

Yeah, I'm finding that pretty hard to believe. I just did the first planet as fast as I could for all classes (gets you 160 cartel coins) and my fastest was 1 hour 22 minutes on Warrior, but I could never get anywhere near that for consular, which took me an hour longer. Tython is just way too big. Even with all the legacy exp boosts, rocket feet, double exp, and speeder piloting (I think that's available for level 1?) it still sounds ridiculously short.

Posting in this thread because I have a magnetic attraction to mega-necro'd threads and hey, why break my streak?

Honestly I see a bit of the OP's point because of how ACs work — your character just feels like a generic "blah" all through 1-10 before the playstyle starts to get some bite and personality post-AC.

I think a good compromise would be a per-character Legacy perk that lets you choose your AC at level 1 (and get the associated baseline abilities).

IMO the problem with 1-10 is not the story content or mission design — it's that, once you understand how to play, your character feels SO flat and neutered while you patiently wait for your AC and the "real" playstyle.

Yeah, I'm finding that pretty hard to believe. I just did the first planet as fast as I could for all classes (gets you 160 cartel coins) and my fastest was 1 hour 22 minutes on Warrior, but I could never get anywhere near that for consular, which took me an hour longer. Tython is just way too big. Even with all the legacy exp boosts, rocket feet, double exp, and speeder piloting (I think that's available for level 1?) it still sounds ridiculously short.

And yet, none of those things existed when this thread was created.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.