Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

I know it sucks for you people who either work nights, or for some reason don't have jobs, but the simple truth is that for the "majority" of the players, the down time they schedule is perfect. They cannot please everyone. Maybe you Europeans can creat an MMO that fits your schedule, but enough with all the QQ already. It is not going to change. If you cannot deal with it, move on.

You are missing the point. There are more convenient times to do the maintenance when less people will be affected. Of course they cannot please everyone, but that is even more reason to do maintenance when the fewest people will be inconvenienced.

Edited by Mandrax

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The US playerbase has been proven by bioware to be contributing the lions share of the revenue. If you can have more money from US players or less from overseas which do you choose its a simple case of supply and demand and market distribution overseas players do not live in the more agressive market which consumes the company's goods therefore we get catered to. Its the same thing when a market has better collectors editions that various countries do not have the demand is higher. Edited by Iiyria

The downtimes are fair and the EU are getting the same service. You just due to geographical location get lesser down time. The Us will always be the priority in a us based game just like asian mmos and whatever mmos you have in your country.

The downtimes are fair and the EU are getting the same service. You just due to geographical location get lesser down time. The Us will always be the priority in a us based game just like asian mmos and whatever mmos you have in your country.

How exactly are the down times fair? The US sleep during their maintenance, yet on one of the few days that i can play during the day, again a 9am - 4pm maintenance

The real truth is they don't really care about Europeans. If you do this at US you will loose most of the players. We already got set back with your ridicilous red or green zones and now with maintenance times you only tell us one thing "We don't want European players".

By the way, note this and you will show your friends. This game will loose lots of players like this and it will be so unfortunate that a game that was created with so many efforts fail because of a stupid subject like maintenance times.

You know we pay for thie game too right? It's in your grasp to justify things for EU too. Blizzard does it, other companies does it too.

The US playerbase has been proven by bioware to be contributing the lions share of the revenue. If you can have more money from US players or less from overseas which do you choose its a simple case of supply and demand and market distribution overseas players do not live in the more agressive market which consumes the company's goods therefore we get catered to. Its the same thing when a market has better collectors editions that various countries do not have the demand is higher.

where has this been proven? i'd like a report ending feb 2012 listing regions to back up your claim seeing as the vast majority of ppl complaining about dead servers and wanting transfers seem to be US players..also, ever thought that a lot of EU players just left due to maint times and the unfairness of the system (and the blatent....i want to say lies but its too strong a word without a way to prove....disregard by Stephen Reids comment at the end of Jan saying they were discussing it THAT week (3 weeks ago))

also....why are there threads by US players complaining that 2am is too early for PST players if you're all happy with the maint times....one day a US player might actually post something new in here that loads havent already posted and had replies to...but as long as they're ok, its fine and we're just wrong

why are you gaming during the hours of 10am and 4pm on a weekday? the answer would probably regard you living in your mother's house or something.

the real reason bioware has maintenance times that are inconvenient to you in this manner is because the company wants you to better yourself. the whole game and its downtimes were designed with you in mind. be thankful.

It's probably already been said but in Australia, I usually manage to get home from work 10 mins before the servers go down for patching and if its a quick patch, its up in time for me to wave goodnight to my companions.

I am however terribly curious about whats going to happen when US Daylight savings kick in. I know I'm going to loose an hour when my own Daylight Savings kick out and I go back to GMT+10 but it might be 2 (so the normal window becomes 5PM my time and finishes at 9PM which aint so bad)

What I'd really really like is for the forums to be up during patches, the only reason I can think of is Forum Login uses the same loginserver as Game Login which needs to be bounced if theres a game client update, but could BW do at least something to let forums stay up?

<snip> ..also, ever thought that a lot of EU players just left due to maint times and the unfairness of the system (and the blatent....i want to say lies but its too strong a word without a way to prove....disregard by Stephen Reids comment at the end of Jan saying they were discussing it THAT week (3 weeks ago))

<snip>

I remember Stephen Ried saying that. Still waiting for that announcement.

shame, had a free day

just sitting it out untill D3 comes along

For the love of god. ANYTHING is better than paying for a game that is OFFLINE for half a day!

In WoW when **** like this happened you got free days added to your account. But here EA just pulls down their pants and ***** on you.

Worst planning for down time ever! PERIOD!

why are you gaming during the hours of 10am and 4pm on a weekday? the answer would probably regard you living in your mother's house or something.

the real reason bioware has maintenance times that are inconvenient to you in this manner is because the company wants you to better yourself. the whole game and its downtimes were designed with you in mind. be thankful.

OR... it could be some of us work in healthcare.... bizarre as it may seem to you our hospitals here in the UK operate and are staffed 24 hours a day....

I don't really need to say how idiotic your post was do i?

People don't have to go to work and play on times you determine. Because they pay like you, they are equal to you. You are not the boss around here.

Do you honestly think Bioware thinks about wellbeing of their customers? If so my answer is a big old ROFL!

OR... it could be some of us work in healthcare.... bizarre as it may seem to you our hospitals here in the UK operate and are staffed 24 hours a day....

I don't really need to say how idiotic your post was do i?

Somehow i get the idea that Americans think that we here in Europe have a small wonderland where everyone works between 9 and 5 or goes to school during those times and that we have 0% unemployment and sick leave. Nor do we sleep during the night so there is no point in maintenance during nighttime here.

ps. Americans, i read that you also have problems with this maintenance window, see http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=319432. A seperated maintenance window for US and Europe (and later Australia/Asia) leaves room to improve your maintenance times as well. Seperated maintenance won't only benefit us but you too.

Edited by deminicord

The US playerbase has been proven by bioware to be contributing the lions share of the revenue. If you can have more money from US players or less from overseas which do you choose its a simple case of supply and demand and market distribution overseas players do not live in the more agressive market which consumes the company's goods therefore we get catered to. Its the same thing when a market has better collectors editions that various countries do not have the demand is higher.

Funnily enough in WoW they pull in more revenue from the EU than the US.

Maybe if Bioware were to stop treating the EU like 2nd class citizens they would make more money?

Are you people still going on about this? Get over it already. You don't like the times, don't play the game.

You've made 1 solitary post on these forums, and that was it?

Why?

If this issue doesnt affect you dont post, if it does, then you would understand.