Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

No, but blizzard has their EU and NA servers separated so one can not log into the other. I would hate those playing on an EU server logging into my server on their maintenance day as much as they would hate me logging into theirs.

So until they split it up to eliminate ques if BW goes separate maintenance days. I say one day for all is the best way.

Demand separate maintenance days and the segregation of the NA and EU communities just like Blizzard does.

Trion /Rift have separate and also offer where you can play both sides if you want. There is a way to handle the patching issue and still allow players to play both sides and have separate patch times/days

I do not mind anyone logging to any server, it only helps to offer faster easier grouping,

and not like All the EU players would be wanting to play your server it were the middle of night in EU (patch)

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the main problem is that the one client can connect to both US and EU server farms wherever you are in the world and this would cause problems when trying to connect to the other farm when an update is taking place.

I think the main problem is that the one client can connect to both US and EU server farms wherever you are in the world and this would cause problems when trying to connect to the other farm when an update is taking place.

it

can

be

handled

if i had 1€ for every time the same argument has been used on here i'd buy tor subs for a lifetime

I don't know about you, but between 10am and 4pm I'm at work, so unlikely to be playing games. I suspect the same goes for a lot of other people, they're either going to be at work/school/college/uni/whatever. I would argue that it actually is off-peak for Europe. Peak time for Europe will be late afternoon and in to the evening, when everyone gets home.

Oh you're at work so that's ok then we'll just forget about everyone else and the fact that 4pm in one part of Europe is 6pm in another - and if that is your point the same holds true of the US so why not rotate maintenance - 1 week EU daytime next week US daytime... I'll tell you why because there would be an utter riot in the US and on these forums.

Daytimes while lighter in population are not the off peak... 90% of EU servers shiow *standard* usage during those hours. No other game have I ever heard make the claim that daytimes are off peak.

Oh you're at work so that's ok then we'll just forget about everyone else and the fact that 4pm in one part of Europe is 6pm in another - and if that is your point the same holds true of the US so why not rotate maintenance - 1 week EU daytime next week US daytime... I'll tell you why because there would be an utter riot in the US and on these forums.

US daytime doesn't make sense. That's prime time in Europe.

I really think it no longer matters, they are not listening to us.

Ea rarely cares about the population they want fast money and not in it for long term. At least that is what they have done in the past.

The lack of even 1 post when we have accumulated over 2k post, shows they are not planning to listen or care.

Really sad too.

Ok, since they redirected a thread on why they suddenly changed the typical mait times to creeping into EU prime time, I'll just repost this.

Why change the typical mait times? I know for me personally, I value consistency over a lot of other things. Is there a reason they changed the patch time to 8am central?

Edited by Clova

And again entire morning and afternoon gone because they dont know how to *********** properly test a patch before implementing it..

Jesus *********** christ.

Actually, in EU this is starting in the afternoon and moving into evening if i have my timezones sorta corect.

Actually, in EU this is starting in the afternoon and moving into evening if i have my timezones sorta corect.

Well thats even better then. :')

(80% of my gametime gone)

Guess who's gotta get up on friday morning at 5 so i'd have to go to bed early tonight.

But you know what i dont care, 9/10 maintenances have been done during morning/afternoon and even parts of the evening.

Its ridiculous and more then a lil insulting.

Seperate times is the answer.

I really couldnt give a rats hiney when/who gets a patch first or last.

And i couldnt care less about americans in general.

which would require either seperate clients, or completely disabling character creation on whatever servers are up while the others are down.

Well this month I am not happy. Yesterday there was a patch deployment and server were down until 5pm in my country.

And now I read that today will be another patch and servers will be down until 6pm?

Bioware, really change EU maintanance times. It is second day in this week that EU players cant play until 4-5pm.

And that seems correct in the US, but in europe the time is 10AM to 4PM.... How is that in anyway during off peak-hours. Its in the middle off the day.

Middle of the day (10am-4pm) does, in fact = off-peak hours.

Peak hours start at 5pm and go until 10-11pm.

They have to do maintenance sometime, and no matter what they will do it during someone's playtime. So their best possible option is to do it in a time that is not anyone's Prime time. That's what they currently have. With their current setup, maintenance starts at the end of the West coast's prime time, and ends a couple hours before EU's Prime time.

Lieing is not clever, nor big.

Im not lying, im currently subbed through a credit card and this is what it says :

You have no play time. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code. We will keep your account and character information in case you decide to return.

Feel free to look yourself, only has the option to subscribe.

That's it.

AllisonBerryman

UPDATE: This maintenance period is now scheduled to begin at 8AM CST (6AM PST/ 9AM EST/ 2PM GMT/ 3PM CET) on 1/19 and end at 12PM (noon) CST (10AM PST/ 1PM EST/ 6PM GMT/ 7PM CET). Please check this thread for further updates.

Allison Berryman | Senior Community Coordinator

Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook

[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

from 1500 until 1900 CET...

if it is so importen to patch the bugs with patch 1.1 why not do it 8 am -12 am CET ?

Time to sort this out, it's an insult to your EU players that you continue to overlook this huge issue. Ingame bugs and problems here and there I can live with, seen it all before in previous MMO's.

But continually failing to recognise or even do anything about the fact that you are taking down servers in our busy times, just to hit the US quiet times is beyond a joke.

Yes, Bioware hates EU.

Get over yourself. They have to do it some day and since the servers are in the US, it makes sense to do it outside of peak hours for them.

This comes from another post I had created, got closed and was directed here. Are EU servers truly in the US, aren't they in Ireland?

Finally, only way EA will get the message is by losing subs, as simple as that. Unfortunately they love money too much and that's the only language they understand. Having different maintenance times for US and EU would cost them a bit extra, but it would show respect for the customers. But that's not gonna happen unless we make it more expensive for them to keep the current system, by losing subs.

Edited by Lord_Indomitus