Why are Mods closing any thread that talks about cancelling subscription?

Mindl

The mods are basically insta-closing any thread with people talking about canceling their subscription due to bugs and unpolished nature of the game. They closed a guys post just a few minutes ago before anyone could even respond to him. Stop closing threads that reflect poorly on Bioware mods. It just makes Bioware look worse.

Truth hurts i guess

Took me weeks to get to this stance, but im still in for a few months in the hope.

EXACTLY the same happened with Star Trek Online, now its f2P

Edited by Urko

The mods are basically insta-closing any thread with people talking about canceling their subscription due to bugs and unpolished nature of the game. They closed a guys post just a few minutes ago before anyone could even respond to him. Stop closing threads that reflect poorly on Bioware mods. It just makes Bioware look worse.

Because they are a waste of time. No one gives a **** that you are quitting the game.

Because they serve no purpose, there are plenty of negative threads that are not removed. Telling me to quit because he had a bug does not server the community.

Telling / reporting bugs, providing useful information on why he is quitting, all these help.

Probably because if your cancelling your subscription, they would be allowed to wonder "why are they here posting?!?!?"

Common sense, if you opt to quit playing, then quit posting and leave the forums as well.

Forum Trolls are the true one percenters of the gaming industry...

Seriously people, just leave. Bioware asks you why when you cancel, so just let them know and.... leave. No one here cares why you are leaving and they are trying to minimze the number of active threads that the mods need to watch.

So I implore you, pretty please, just go away.

Because its neither constructive nor does it add anything and certain people have announced their quitting several times already.

some guy here had a 1000000000 words post and got closed after 1,2 posts. so its not only this.

Most people that post I'm cancelling are trolls, or attention deprived. If you want to cancel then cancel, I really doubt if anyone cares besides you if your cancelling so theres no need to post it for a bunch of people you don't know to read.

If Bioware didn't care that people were cancelling their subs, then they would be trying to close threads about people doing that. I have seen this trend of closing negative threads on forums in other games and it is always a bad sign.

mainly because it is not constructive. those posts give no indication to bioware how they could improve their product and most of them dont even have viable problems. most are just trolling for kicks and probably not even gonna cancel their sub. they have open threads about contructive criticism and how to improve the game but nope, the people that post they are cancelling are like whiny 3 year old that kick and scream in the grocery store because they cant get a sucker. they are not trying to be helpful, just trying to get attention.

Hello everyone,

We always appreciate feedback and questions regarding moderation and customer service, it helps us know where we can improve and what we're already doing right. We want the forums to be a constructive and safe place for all of our community to participate in and your feedback is crucial to that.

We're going to close the thread now, but we highly encourage you to send us an email with your questions, concerns and comments regarding moderation and moderation policy. Our email address is: communitysupport@swtor.com