Stacked Sorc/Sage teams incoming.

Xinika

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, on my server, we run into massive numbers of Sorcs all the time, not unusual to see 6 in one wz, but on Rep side we rarely have even one Sage. I guess the consular name didn't sound as cool.

So yeah, it's already a problem.

What? Feels like rep has nothing but scrubs rolling sage.

LOL there was a group of 4 of them two days ago. premading it. They werent crap solo... but all four of them together. Melted me like butter (im a BM Merc BH with 18.5k HP) Not to mention they heal so... you cant kill them.

I see 2 things wrong with this post:

1. Why do you assume you should survive against 4 players (no matter which class they are)?

2. If they were melting your face then I presume they were specced dps, which means if you see one healing: go kill it, their heals aren't big/fast enough to overcome the damage you do to them. If only some of them were dps'ing and one or two of them were dedicated healers then tough luck, you'd get destroyed by any other such combination of healers and dps aswell (again not a sorcerer/sage only related issue).

What? Feels like rep has nothing but scrubs rolling sage.

I think you see more people rolling Sage now because they've seen what Sorcs can do and want to emulate it. I feel like upon release there was an odd difference in perception of these two classes. Because Sorcs had OMGPURPLELIGHTNING, the majority rolled them as a nuker, with the heal specced being in the minority. On the Republic side, however, the Sage has the aesthetics of a healer and appears to be a traditional healer. Therefore people wanting to play healers who didn't know any better rolled Sages, and many did not realize that they were capable of the exact same things as the Sorcerers.

Of course this is just evidence based on my experiences and might be completely untrue, but when I played Empire during the first few weeks of the game, I noticed no one had a problem with Sorcs in PvE as a DPS class. On my Republic character, though, I saw Sages more than a few times denied or removed from groups because they weren't healers. People just see them as healers and little else. Sorcerers don't have to deal with this problem as extensively due to their perception, which is utterly stupid when the classes are identical.

1. Why do you assume you should survive against 4 players (no matter which class they are)?

2. If they were melting your face then I presume they were specced dps, which means if you see one healing: go kill it, their heals aren't big/fast enough to overcome the damage you do to them. If only some of them were dps'ing and one or two of them were dedicated healers then tough luck, you'd get destroyed by any other such combination of healers and dps aswell (again not a sorcerer/sage only related issue).

1. Why not? im a battlemaster in battlemaster gear... I should be able to survive more than 3 seconds.....

2. Please kill a sorc with 15k while he heals himself and 3 others kill you... Then please post a video to prove it... Then ill take your tomfoolery for what its worth.

1. Why not? im a battlemaster in battlemaster gear... I should be able to survive more than 3 seconds.....

2. Please kill a sorc with 15k while he heals himself and 3 others kill you... Then please post a video to prove it... Then ill take your tomfoolery for what its worth.

+1 for "tomfoolery".

Yeah I've been saying for a while now that Sorc/Sage have far too much utility.

Knockbacks, pulls, dispels, heals, bubbles mobility and a "deep pool" resource system that allows them to be far more flexible than most classes are allowed.

But everyone seemed to think I was crazy when I said all that would be way too much in one class.

I don't want to repeat myself but once again: why do you assume you should be able to take on 4 people? If those 4 were a random mixture of classes instead of all being sorcs would you then not have a problem with them owning you?

And here we go again... you were facing 4 people and you're QQ'ing because you lost? Do I need to draw a picture to get through to you why this is lolworthy?

Tomfoolery :) I love it.

You sir win the interwebz today.

Because the other 3 are tearing you to shreds. Making that healer untouchable. Not to mention, the other 3 can also offheal.

Stack 10 operatives. Problem solved.

That would be hilarious to watch. You would never actually see the Op team, just force lightning spam with the semi-regular event of a sorcs health going from 100 to 0 in a global.

A 3-way match between 8 mercs, 8 sorcs, and 8 ops would most likely end in division by 0.... and the cries of noobs.

It's a problem now.

+1

They are already here. I've played serveral Republican teams pretty much all Sages.

And no.. Operatives arent' that bad yet. I have no problems facing Operatives nor have I seen a team of primarily of OPS/Scoundrels.

Edited by Blaaine

+1

They are already here. I've played serveral Republican teams pretty much all Sages.

And no.. Operatives arent' that bad yet. I have no problems facerolling Operatives.

Operatives are bastard overpowered and DO need to be nerfed. However, as a team of stacked operatives (which I have yet to see... but that may be deadly), I can't say. Now, sages/sorcs have WAYY too much to offer. So much that a premade of them is an actual legit comp.

I don't want to repeat myself but once again: why do you assume you should be able to take on 4 people? If those 4 were a random mixture of classes instead of all being sorcs would you then not have a problem with them owning you?

And here we go again... you were facing 4 people and you're QQ'ing because you lost? Do I need to draw a picture to get through to you why this is lolworthy?

^ yes. Because............ It is usually not a problem. In fact id say only about 10% of the time it is... Do you even PVP?

4 non sorcs will not take me down in 3 seconds... Hate to tell ya. In fact if they even kill me before i kill 2-3 of them id be willing to say thats a miracle.

^ yes. Because............ It is usually not a problem. In fact id say only about 10% of the time it is... Do you even PVP?

Ah I see... I'm starting to get your "logic" now. Sorcerer is a popular class therefore you have a problem with 4 of them owning you, yet if 4 of the same less popular class owns you you don't come to QQ on the forums.

4 non sorcs will not take me down in 3 seconds... Hate to tell ya. In fact if they even kill me before i kill 2-3 of them id be willing to say thats a miracle.

Wait wait wait... put on the brakes... you had a problem with them healing themselves and owning you at the same time. Now... why did they need to heal themselves if they owned you in 3 seconds flat?

I agree that this is a problem right now. It is especially frustrating to play against in Huttball. Try playing against 6+ Sorcs/Sages, 4 of which are a premade, that coordinates their passes, Force Pulls (the spell that pulls allies to you) each other constantly, and saves their Sprints to run through the flames and score easily.

I just played a game like this yesterday (solo queue'd) and we lost 0-6 very quickly. I'll admit that my team was pretty awful and that none of them had a decent total damage done at the end but between all their knockbacks, Resolve, and heals, it was extremely difficult to kill them anyway.

Simple and quick fix to this is to force Sorcs/Sages to drop the ball when they use their Sprint. They can still use their Pull to grab allies with the ball since this does require a fair amount of coordination to pull off (and since Juggernauts/Guardians can Leap/Charge with the ball).

A more drastic and long term fix that I hope they think about is limiting classes in Warzones. I realize this would increase queue times and think the only time BW could implement a change like this would be AFTER they introduce cross server WZ queues.

I think I can see what you mean. I just started a sorc sage as an alt having leveled my main to 50 and I feel like I'm playing a God class. Maybe it is the experience I developed while playing through the game to 50 once already as an operative but damn I can solo Heroic 4 with my sorcerer. If I split aggro between me and my companion static barrier brings me out of most fights without losing any health at all so I rarely heal.

I can't wait to play this class through pvp. Welcome to the God class, I'm loving it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.