The question of the month: Will you keep your subscription up? and why?

Nasq

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends if current issues are addressed in a timely manner...

Atm, im bored as well, 2 50's, not fully geared but the process is identical to wow (even "tier" gear...sheesh, how original) Crafting is clumbersome, worthless but for biochem atm, and time intensive to a moronic degree (missions taking an hour and ***, "failed"? sigh)

I was a primary crafter in SWG pre nerf, and i loved it, a player driven eco was KING...bioware has stated they intend to shift to a player driven eco down the road, which i would love, but well see

I'm holding out for the legacy system primary patch...if it has teeth, then ill see....if not *shrugs*, ill wait 6 months or so...im sure it will be free to play by then :eek:

I was a primary crafter in SWG pre nerf, and i loved it, a player driven eco was KING...bioware has stated they intend to shift to a player driven eco down the road, which i would love, but well see

What? Where?

That will only end in tears and ruins.

As it stands now, no. Although I did buy a 2month game card and my account is < 2 weeks old so will give Bioware plenty of time .....

My highest character is only level 16 and am pretty bored of the game already. Just something about the game does not have the "it" factor making me want to log on. Oh well, gonna take a couple days break and see if I get the urge again.

I just cancelled my sub. I just couldn't get motivation to keep playing. Multiple alts, tried all the classes. Just could not get excited about any of it.

I'm pretty surprised really given how much I like Sci-fi.... then again there werent any interesting races, etc... for me.

Idk, I'm glad so many like it, maybe I'll come back in a year or so if they offer a free month to cancelers or if it goes free to play and it'll be more interesting to me then when it's more fleshed out and tested.

I might just be growing out of MMO's though. I literally couldnt sit and play this game only. I had to have netflix up in a window or something just to keep my brain going in between the cutscenes. Grinding quests just isn't for me anymore, I don't find it enjoyable.

Have fun with your game everyone, I'll keep an eye on the forums and see if the game is shaping up into something I might like. I wish you all the best.

Cancelled.

I'm not a hater or anything - I really tried to like this game. Especially because I grew up with Star Wars. But as of right now the game is lacking too many features and has too many bugs.

- No high-resolution textures

- No cross-server LFG-tool

- No post-creation character customization

- Travel- and load-times are far too long

- The engine is anything but optimized

- No 3rd party addons

- No macros

- No UI customization

- No dual-specialization

- No combat log / recount

It definitely has great potential though - it's easily the biggest competitor WoW ever had. I'll check back every month or so to see whether it's shaping up into something I might enjoy.

Edited by Heretiq

Yes i will, im far to have seen and experienced all game content because i got a job, a partner, and much to do irl... love playing mmos but, contrarily to many whiners no-lifers wannahavetheperfectgametokeepmehooked24/7, playing games is not a life priority, just an entertainment.

The charme of this game keep me in-game, i dont care about the big flaming supersword and the devilish helm, i like my jedi to be dressed as a jedi...

Enjoy!

Not more, I just unsubbed right now with 15 days left on my account and 4 chars(Sniper 26, Powertech 42, Shadow 25, Vanguard 27) I'm bored of this game, to kill 50 womprats bonus missions, bored of closed maps like Nar Shaddar and open maps too with exhaust zone. I can't enjoy an open world because doesn't exist, it's all closed, we aren't allowed to explore like other MMORPG. FP are like heroic +4 quest or worst with 5meters boss and 100k HP with easy mechanics(Not heroic at all as my point of view..). Craffting sucks and I dont speak about pvp, all know how it is.. But the only thing I'll mess is history nothing else, and I can find it in soloplayer games like MassEffect3 without paying each month. I'm sad, I was waiting this game 3 years and now.. all my hype throw up. Maybe in 6 month I`ll take a look in forums if BW fix this buged game and add new stuff, nice open worlds but resubb is improvable.

This isn't a QQ only my point of view and my personal reasons to quit (If you can't understand that I don't care, call me QQ when servers lost more than a half of population)

Canceled. Subscription is up tomorrow, so this is pretty much the last night.

I just can't keep playing a game where the developers seemingly want to waste my time. Instead of questing that's smooth and enjoyable, I have to battle through clunky (still) gameplay, and where majority of the time is spent killing trash. I would start to get in the groove of things and actually enjoy the game a bit, then I'll face multiple trash pack that's blocking the only way in and out of a location (in the open world, mind you). Or I'll get a loading screen after a dialogue, and the game crashes again for the upteenth time. Or I'll get a mob that bugs out and I'm unable to see or attack it without moving my companion. Or my companion will aggro another pack. Or I'm riding around an...gah! So many annoyance in this game.

I know MMORPG's are a work in progress, but there is an expectation that the game feel FINISHED. This game? Still too many kinks left.

Cancelled as well. The games just boring. Too many side quests to go through for a partially interesting main story line. This game is so far behind MMOs these days its almost sad. SWG was ahead of this game in many respects (guild halls, crafting, economy, space battles, etc). I'm not gonna pay to play a game still in development. I might come back if/when this game is expanded to be an actual MMO. What's sad is that I love Star Wars a ton.

Just cancelled tonight. Found my lvl 38 inquisitor having to go to Quesh for the next step of his class quest. Jumped off, had to run through a couple more stations to get down to the planet, then wait for the elevator.. realized how little fun I was having.. looked around and saw nobody else on the planet.. figured why pay for a game in this stage, and then tried to figure out how to cancel.. Finally figured out that I had to come here on the website to do it (couldnt' do it via the game menu that I could tell).

So many things wrong with this game. Took my time to write as much of it as I could in my feedback when I cancelled. Just such a boring, linear, restricted game. I feel like this game suits me up in super-tighty whities each time I want to login.

Cancelled, had a two month sub and it's up... um... sometime,. not sure when. This month. I don't log in anymore.

SW has been a favourite for me since I was 7, in 78. But SWTOR just doesn't have that "thing" that keeps me wanting to play or stops me being distracted by other games. Shame.

It's too much piecemeal from other games, while not doing anything actually well, except the story, but story isn't enough for monthly sub.

I already capped 50 and finished one of the 16-man raids and got the full tier pvp. I do not like this MMO it's another wow (here's how i exactly think http://i.imgur.com/UmcMV.jpg) and i already bored that kind of game, doesn't give anything new except a story that ends in 1 week with voiceovers. Is a good game to play 1 month, after that not enough subscription.

Expose your opinions

Lets see.

• Level 50 - Check
  • EV done - Check
  • Hutt's done - Not yet working on it
  • Hard modes done - Not yet working on it
  • Romance done - Yes Married with Andronikos
  • Mixed PvP, PvE, Crafting gear ( purplez ) - Check

Started alt's ( 3 of them Legacy level 10 atm ), working on RP things in the server, waiting for the legacy things that are incoming.. You are subscribed to a 180 day recurring plan. You will be billed on 02.20.2012. Will keep playing.

On your case - shame that you don't like it - you know how major community in forums will weep for your departure.

Bush didn't :p

Yeah, I agree we will be lucky to ever get another Star Wars MMO, especially considering the budget that went into this.

And unfortunately LucasArts and all other big developers will be convinced that the games have failed because they are Star Wars based instead of fantasy themed. They won't recognize how poorly designed this game was. They won't recognize all the potential that SWG had if they had actually had at least *some* working quests in at launch, the game wasn't riddled with bugs, and combat wasn't so funky.

That's too bad. Would've loved to play a really good Star Wars game. Something that took the best from SWG but fixed it and upgraded it so it was actually working. A game with real space combat. Would've played that game forever.. Heck, played SWG for 3-4 years despite all of its issues and enjoyed most of that time!

Cancelled mine today. I'll likely be back if and when they allow server transfers so I'll be able to rejoin all the people that will be transferring off my current server to one of the new oceanic servers.

Being 'left behind' so to speak has just killed my will to bother continuing leveling my current characters in their current location.

Just cancelled here as well.

Reasons;

1. Everything is too linear. Only one or two planets feel like they are open for exploration.

2. Combat is slow, repetitive and uninteresting. You usually just spam two or three skills and thats it.

3. The whole game feels too easy. Normal quests are so easy they just feels like a waste of time. Too few Heroic 2 quests to compensate.

4. The story is shallow and uninteresting. Most NPC characters are uninteresting as well.

5. PvP have no risks vs rewards and is basically just a grind.

6. Items are magically "bound" to you? I cant give my gun to someone else who might need it? Really? It just doesn't make sense.

7. The economy is not player run. At all.

8. Crafting is more or less pointless. Some items you cant even craft for others to use.

9. No guildhalls, no capturable areas, no guildwars... nothing to work for as a guild.

10 End game is basically just doing the same instances over and over again in some sort of "WoW-kiddy-grind" for better gear.

Basically the whole game feels like its made for very small children, and as an adult (39 years old) it just doesn't appeal to me that much.

Might come back if you guys at BioWare make Mass Effect MMO! IF you make it a bit more for adults...

i'm in 2 minds.

It's a good game, but i played WoW to death.

This game is way too much like WoW for me.

I hate the end-game format.

Its been done to death, and its just so dull.

I'm so gutted that they didn't put more effort into trying to differentiate this game

from other MMO's.

At least for Endgame anyway.

I love the story's.

I love Star Wars.

I love almost everything else about the game, but its so dumb to play.

I'm following a path instead of actually using my brain.

Its like going from Arma 2 to Call of duty.

I dont know...

I should add that the idea of paying $60 upfront plus $15/month for what is essentially a single player story-driven game should really frighten a lot more people than it has.. the content in this game is really what most single player games should launch with.. Skyrim's world is bigger and has more personalities and places to see than this game.. yet you get all of that for $60.

The idea that some people could end up paying $300 for this game after a couple of years... well, maybe Bioware has it figured out. Why only get $60 from consumers for a single player game when you can get $300+??