Bioware please make expansion planets more like Hoth & Tatonie and less like nar shad

DeathStarPlumber

Actually apart from the linearity I love Nar Shaddaa - for questing. No idea if it's good for anything else. But it definitly was better then the mess on Taris. I feel like having learned the secret behind the Rakghuls at least 20 times.

One of my favorite things about this game is how different each planet was. Some were massive and sprawling and others were cities like Nar Shaddaa. I'd like to see them continue to add a variety of different types of planets. Maybe even a water based planet at some point.

/agree with OP

Nar Shaddaa is especially bad after having just come from Coruscant leveling. It's the same damn thing. Take a taxi to this area over here. Wind your way down depressing indoor corridors. Go back to turn quests in at hub. Take taxi to different area over here. Wind your way down another indoor corridor. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Taris is pretty bad too. Nothing like huge concrete walls preventing you from exploring or going off the beaten path a bit!

This is by far my biggest issue with the game. I don't like being forced to go somewhere. You have icons on the map showing quest objectives and locations. You don't need to hold my hand by guding me on that winding path, so i can get to my objective. I think i would be able to find it on my own with the quest icons.

Personally, i think it's done to give the appearance of having larger zones/planets. If they can make you wind up and down the zone, it gives the appearance of the planet being much larger than it actually is.

Haha I actually HATE Hoth and Tatooine to open ugly barren landscapes. I preferred Nar Shadda and Corellia those two were actually my fav planets aesthetically. I don't understand why people want barren open wastelands that feel more fantasyish than Sci-Fi. If you're saying this bcause of the open feel.. well go to any city walk around Corellia and NarrShadda had the feeling of a city scape. which I fell we need more of. Less unpopulated barren wastelands more populated city epicenters with life.

Nar Shadaa and Courusant are among my favorite planets to play on. It feels more Star WArsy in those places than on outside planets that you can't explore for ****, have little wildlife and even fewer species, and those ridiculous exhaustion areas. I mean, really, not 50 feet outside Anchorhead and its an exhaustion zone, i could see where I had to go and yet I had to take a taxi that brought me through two stops way out of the way of my destination, its just sad, Tat sucks compared to city planets. Edited by Kraye

Nar Shadda is a planet designed for players to have mounts... that they're pushed to before they have mounts. It's also terribly confusing with all the different levels of terrain. I had spent hours trying to find the High Security Lockdown section and gave up. Eventually a quest sent me through the zone but an entire section of a planet shouldn't be impossible to find without getting directions to it.

Ho to make it better: more freakin taxis. If you have to go back to a spy outpost 3-4 times to turn in quests MAKE A FREAKIN TAXI PAD THERE. It also wouldn't hurt if the global map was easier to read.

Hopefully the Devs read these forums and understand majority of the fanbase does not enjoy the linearity of planets/zones like nar-shadda. Please consider making expansion planets more open to exploration like hoth & tatoonie.

They will start paying attention to threads like this when strawberries start growing on apples.

I think some of you guys misunderstood my post. I'm not talking about the visuals of Nar Shadda because they are quite impressive, I'm talking about the DESIGN of the zones. The linearity and rat in a maze , 1 way to your destination/quest route of travel.

Yes Tatoonie is dull and devoid of life but it is OPEN, Unlike Narshadda which is more designed for a Kotor game than a SWTOR MMO.

Edited by DeathStarPlumber

I've enjoyed most of the planets, but I hated Hoth. I hate it so much that I will only do my class quest story lines on that planet in the future. The quest density is too low and you spend too much time traveling and not enough time fighting. I'd rather grind out mobs or do a bonus series than spend anymore time on Hoth.

Voss was much better as an open world environment. Tatooine was ok because the quest density was better than Hoth.

Nar Shadaa is cool but can feel repetitive if you come from the Republic side because Coruscant is similar in design. I prefer open zones due to the freedom of movements that we can get but the exhaustion zones ruin the experience :( I still don't get exhaustion zones on Tatooine. They are already mapped because we travel through them when getting the taxi anyway...

I like Nar Shadaa and hate Tatooine... it's all a matter of preference.

I would have to agree with that statement because my preference is exactly opposite. I liked the vast openness of Tatoonine, Hoth, Voss vs Nar Shaddaa. Tatoonine, seeing Luke and Obi Wan those first opening scenes are what transported me into the SW universe my first time at the movie theater. Having to 'deal' with planets like Coruscant were just a necessary evil to get to the end imo.

I think some of you guys misunderstood my post. I'm not talking about the visuals of Nar Shadda because they are quite impressive, I'm talking about the DESIGN of the zones. The linearity and rat in a maze , 1 way to your destination/quest route of travel.

Yes Tatoonie is dull and devoid of life but it is OPEN, Unlike Narshadda which is more designed for a Kotor game than a SWTOR MMO.

Actually there were several ways into almost every area on Nar Shadda. As I said it was a City scape and fit the bill for one. I get what you want you want SWG, you want a Sandbox MMO.. Sadly Sandbox MMO's usually don't do so hot. There's ton to explore in Nar Shadda and there's more freedom there than you give it credit. Go into a major metropolitan city, and let me know if the buildings don't seem almost like a maze because you can't travel the direction you want due to a few massive buildings being in the way.