Bioware please make expansion planets more like Hoth & Tatonie and less like nar shad

DeathStarPlumber

Voss was much better as an open world environment. Tatooine was ok because the quest density was better than Hoth.

Voss was also my favorite zone. I also liked Belsaris, despite it being very linear, because as I progressed through the zone I felt like I was accomplishing something other than just completing quests. Many of the redesigned zones in WoW Cataclysm also gave me that feeling.

I personally did not like the questing experience of Hoth and Tatooine, having to wander around aimlessly to find the quest hubs isn't what I want to do while leveling. Some people may enjoy exploring I however do not, nor do I enjoy long rides on speeder bikes just to get to a quest objective and come back. Nar shada may have been a rat maze but it at least delivered story and quests to me in a easier fashion that allowed me to progress my story and character at a rate that I enjoy more, it didn't feel stagnant like Hoth and Tatooine.

Nar Shaddaa, Coruscant and Taris are absolutely terrible in my opinion and when I have quests to go back to Nar Shaddaa it makes we won't to stop playing.

Hoth is okay but it is a little bland but so far Tatooine (apart from the exhaustion zones) and Belsavis are the best planets I've visited. Just started Voss and many people say it's one of the best too.

The problem I have in general though is that I think the planet design is not particularly good for a number of reasons.

Firstly, even in places like Alderaan I feel like I'm being continually funnelled down paths and many of the places feel quite enclosed. Often it seems like I have to take a particular route just to get to the next quest hub or questing area. In other MMOs you can often take multiple routes because you have more space to manoeuvre to other areas. Secondly, once you visit new planets you expect the zones within to be quite varied but they all have the same look - really doesn't make me feel like I'm exploring a new planet, rather a new level. Thirdly, where is the music? Often the only sound I can hear is from my speeder. Finally, the progression from one planet to the next is very linear. There's absolutely no way I could level more than 2 characters as it stands now, and even that would be a tall ask for me.

All these elements combined can sometimes make the levelling process incredibly dull and will harm the long term validity of the game in my opinion.

Haha I actually HATE Hoth and Tatooine to open ugly barren landscapes. I preferred Nar Shadda and Corellia those two were actually my fav planets aesthetically. I don't understand why people want barren open wastelands that feel more fantasyish than Sci-Fi. If you're saying this bcause of the open feel.. well go to any city walk around Corellia and NarrShadda had the feeling of a city scape. which I fell we need more of. Less unpopulated barren wastelands more populated city epicenters with life.

If you say so.

The only thing they had the feel of, IMHO, is a standardized dungeon landscape with corridors guiding you where to go. Again, it's just preference i suppose. There are some people that need to have their hand held for them every step of the way when playing this game.

Nar Shaddaa has a great underworld vibe to it, very well done. My only complaint would be that I can't fly around there myself. I have no idea if this is something they can change later but if Nar Shaddaa and Coruscant can be done like this, it might add a better dynamic to them. Less "handholding" as some say. It would add to the hustle and bustle.

:ph_cheers:

Voss was awesome. The architecture and quests where nice although I m sick of "trials" in every single RPG.

Belsavis was decent too but there was little imagination allover

Narshada was cool the first time but it gets boring the more time you spent there.