RESPEC costs why?

savantus

My question is why do we have a cost at all to respec?

It seems to double every time you respec within a period of time ( zero , 1300 , 2600, 5200 , 11400, 22800 , 46800 , 93000 ) where does it stop? )

Why is there a penalty to the player for wanting to be the right spec for an activity they want to do.

Whether that means one spec for PVP or another for a raid / flashpoint or even to level up.

Having Dual-spec should be a no-brainer , if not at least cap the cost at a lower amount.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to double every time you respec within a period of time ( zero , 1300 , 2600, 5200 , 11400, 22800 , 46800 , 93000 ) where does it stop? )

Why is there a penalty to the player for wanting to be the right spec for an activity they want to do.

Whether that means one spec for PVP or another for a raid / flashpoint or even to level up.

Having Dual-spec should be a no-brainer , if not at least cap the cost at a lower amount.

Welcome to real MMOs. Not push over pansies like wow that give ou every spec you want to be on a platter so you can siwtch whenever you want.

God forbid you think about what you are doing when respeccing

PvE dps spec, PvP dps spec

different things but since there's no dual spec I gotta play PvE with a PvP spec which gimps my dps

but anyway, they have said they will implement dual talents so just stay with it.

Because maybe you shouldnt be able to be the as you put it right specc too be all the

time.

But then you must support dual AC aswell or?

Is it only Ac but without spending credits?

I remember quite a few MMOs where you cannot / could not respec at all. Being able to respec is a tool to correct errors made in character development. If you want to abuse the tool for your personal interest - I am not against it, but the costs are not even close to high enough in my opinion.

Because maybe you shouldnt be able to be the as you put it right specc too be all the

time.

But then you must support dual AC aswell or?

Is it only Ac but without spending credits?

You make no sense, what does respec-cost has to do with advanced classes?

Why do you respec enough for this to even be an issue?

Welcome to real MMOs. Not push over pansies like wow that give ou every spec you want to be on a platter so you can siwtch whenever you want.

They should try startrek online, once use five free rank promotion respects you have to buy respects with real money.

All good mmo's have respec costs.

Is this honestly so hard to understand? Obviously they respecc to fill different roles.

Example:

"Hey, we're gonna do an operation now Bob, could you go healer?"

"Yeah sure, always happy to help out" *respecc*

"Tom showed up Bob, his healing gear is a bit better than yours, would you mind going dps for the rest of the operation?"

"Yeah sure!"*respecc*

2 hours laters

"Bob, come heal us in pvp dude!"

"On my way guys!"*respecc*

1 hours later: Bob wants to do his daily quests, but sadly they take a long time for him in healing specc, so he switches to dps again *respecc*

After finishing his daily quests, Bob tries to find a group for flashpoints, but everyone is looking for healers, noone wants a dps! *respecc*

(This happens 3-4 nights a week when Bob plays with his friends)

So judging by the comments in this thread, it is wrong to want to enjoy all the roles your class can fill without going broke. It is wrong to be able to step up and help your friends in different roles on a daily basis.

Edited by Crowleyz

Stop abusing the respec trainer as a dual spec trainer and your problem is fixed!

The increase cost is ment to be a punishment to discourage just this type of behavior.

Agree or disagree it is what it is. It may change at some point but ATM it is working as intended.

Your choices are suppose to have consequences!

It's yet another credit sink to remove cash from the economy otherwise a ton of people would be walking around with enough creds to buy Coruscant itself and that will translate into hugely inflated prices for items and mats in the GTN. This happens anyway as a server gets bigger and older but it can be greatly delayed by introducing credit sinks (very expensive special mounts, high respec costs, high repair costs etc).

The problem is that BW implemented these mandatory expenses way too soon and way too many and a lot of people walk around with empty pockets.

Edited by Chomag

Resets after a week, derp.

Try think a bit longer than your nose.

If you respect 2 times every day, that is 14 times during a week.

You do some flashpoints, quests and maybe raids, then you respec from PvE to PvP to run some havoc against other players for then again back to PvE spec later for making ready for tomorrows runs.

And for all of you who think there are no PvP spec, there is and believing other vice are being ignorant and naïve.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.