Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

It's not a hood down graphic when you have a helmet on, the hood literally disappears. It's removed from your robe entirely.

Well that's better than nothing. I made my character, and I like the way she looks. I want the option to see her. If that means the hood disappears entirely, I'm fine with that. Some others may not be, but at least give us the option. I know very little about computers, so bear with me, but this is how I see this issue being solved. When you put on a helmet, some command is triggered within the game that makes the hood disappear. All I want is a way to type in a command or click a button that triggers this command which is already in the game. Again, I don't know much about computers; but, as far as I can tell, this seems like a very simple thing to fix. Please, if anyone who has some influence is reading this, get the devs to do this, or at least exlain why they won't. Thank you.

Edited by revan_worshipper

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, it really turns me off playing the Jedi without being able to see my hair. I want a solution sooner rather than later!

Just thought I'd add my voice as one more customer wanting some sort of hood remove option (toggle, synth recipes, anything really!)

When asked about the "Hue to Chest" option in this weeks Q&A, their answer was:

"The new and vastly improved ‘Hue to Chest’ system launches with Game Update 1.2 and there are more customization and quality of life improvements along those lines hot on its heels."

I'm thinking those "Quality of Life" improvements involve such things as a hood toggle of some sort.

Edited by SaliusKalo

I'm thinking those "Quality of Life" improvements involve such things as a hood toggle of some sort.

Don't hold your breath. Its like none of the devs ever played a JK before... whats the point of hairstyles if I'm going to be bald the whole time?

Playing a JK would be a thousand times more enjoyable for me if I could put my hood down when I wasn't out in the field or something.. Even if there wasn't an animation for it (Would be cool if there was) I'd still be happy. Oh and hopefully hoods would be DOWN and not just GONE like they are on some of you poor Twi'leks out there.

EQ2 did this.

it's not that it's the most difficult thing to do. Maybe they haven't responded clearly to requests regarding this option because it is purely cosmetic, and will not effect this game positively on a level that is universally important across the player base.

I agree this should be added, I think there are more important things that should be addressed at the moment.

still /signing anyway

Edited by beefstoo

Please make hood toggling happen, I didn't spend 15 minutes customizing my character to have almost every feature covered up with some stupid hood for 40 levels of my career and then look like something Silver Samurai **** out his *** at 50.

I see three major problems with JK appearance:

- permanent hood on bald head

- absolutly disgusting chest texture

- many unique robes from promo materials currently are not in game

There is still no word from devs about that? Maybe we should cancel subscription until our Jedi will be able to look as good as bunch of Imps...

/signed of course

I see three major problems with JK appearance:

- permanent hood on bald head

- absolutly disgusting chest texture

- many unique robes from promo materials currently are not in game

There is still no word from devs about that? Maybe we should cancel subscription until our Jedi will be able to look as good as bunch of Imps...

/signed of course

You will probably find if most if not all games that when you equip a hat that your character will go bald as the hat will replace the hair mesh.

The hood down models are already in game on various NPC's so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I'd like to see more of the promo robes in game and hopefully they will came with higher resolution models than what we have now.

You will probably find if most if not all games that when you equip a hat that your character will go bald as the hat will replace the hair mesh.

The hood down models are already in game on various NPC's so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I'd like to see more of the promo robes in game and hopefully they will came with higher resolution models than what we have now.

The problem lies in that those hood down toggles on NPCs are replacing the head slot, creating an illusion of the hood down.

Basically an NPC with the hood down is wearing a "hood down" hat that removes the hood off the robe like certain visors/helms already do for us Jedi Knights. But their helm graphic looks like a hood. The problem lies in the facts that:

1) There's no helms like that already in the game for players. This means either the items have to be created or there has to be a work around.

2) Lets say they do create hood down helms for all of us. Now look at the Sentinel PvE raid gear. If you have the Columi helm and the Rakata robe, you end up with a bright orange hood down on a very white robe. This would be an issue across several robes. Imagine the Heavy Quadranium Robe (Very dark brown with Gold armor pieces) with the Force Champion "hood down" hat. Force Champion stuff is almost a pastel green. It would look terrible and BioWare probably wants to avoid that kind of look all together.

3) Stephen Reid in a recent interview said that the "Hue to Chest" (Match all item colours you're wearing to your chest piece) that was in Beta is making a return in 1.2 in March. This would give them an open door to negate point 2, at which point they could potentially add a "hood down toggle" that replaces your current helm graphic with a hood down, and have the hue to chest match it. The new problem would be that some people might want to see their visors/trooper helms, and you wouldn't be able to have the cool hood down graphic and the other help showing at the same time as they technically occupy the same slot.

4) NPCs get away with Hood down cause each hood down is tailored to the robe they're wearing. You can see it best on the Knight in the Ilum story chain, as he has gold stripes on the hem of his robe that extend up the helm down graphic.

As you can see, creating the hood down toggle would require either new items, or new code to prevent interfering with current helm graphics. Just because you might not care about one of the conflicts that I mentioned in this post, but someone will, and that's most likely what BioWare is trying to prevent.

They either have to have new art for chest pieces for hood down (because hood down chests don't technically exist, as I've explained), or find a way of reliably circumventing ALL the robes in the game in a consistent way without causing any other conflicts, which is why this is taking longer than some people care for.

The problem lies in that those hood down toggles on NPCs are replacing the head slot, creating an illusion of the hood down.

Basically an NPC with the hood down is wearing a "hood down" hat that removes the hood off the robe like certain visors/helms already do for us Jedi Knights. But their helm graphic looks like a hood. The problem lies in the facts that:

1) There's no helms like that already in the game for players. This means either the items have to be created or there has to be a work around.

2) Lets say they do create hood down helms for all of us. Now look at the Sentinel PvE raid gear. If you have the Columi helm and the Rakata robe, you end up with a bright orange hood down on a very white robe. This would be an issue across several robes. Imagine the Heavy Quadranium Robe (Very dark brown with Gold armor pieces) with the Force Champion "hood down" hat. Force Champion stuff is almost a pastel green. It would look terrible and BioWare probably wants to avoid that kind of look all together.

3) Stephen Reid in a recent interview said that the "Hue to Chest" (Match all item colours you're wearing to your chest piece) that was in Beta is making a return in 1.2 in March. This would give them an open door to negate point 2, at which point they could potentially add a "hood down toggle" that replaces your current helm graphic with a hood down, and have the hue to chest match it. The new problem would be that some people might want to see their visors/trooper helms, and you wouldn't be able to have the cool hood down graphic and the other help showing at the same time as they technically occupy the same slot.

4) NPCs get away with Hood down cause each hood down is tailored to the robe they're wearing. You can see it best on the Knight in the Ilum story chain, as he has gold stripes on the hem of his robe that extend up the helm down graphic.

As you can see, creating the hood down toggle would require either new items, or new code to prevent interfering with current helm graphics. Just because you might not care about one of the conflicts that I mentioned in this post, but someone will, and that's most likely what BioWare is trying to prevent.

They either have to have new art for chest pieces for hood down (because hood down chests don't technically exist, as I've explained), or find a way of reliably circumventing ALL the robes in the game in a consistent way without causing any other conflicts, which is why this is taking longer than some people care for.

But hood down robes do allready exist, there are lots of them on the empire side for sith warriors. Some of them even look exactly like JK robes only with more black textures.

The most irritating thing is that the look is there. My Inquisitor looses the hood if I put on a helmet. So the "without hood" look exists but cannot be done by any other method. Personally, for a sense of immersion, I'd take the hood down while on the ship and interacting with certain NPCs and up for everything else. I like the hood look, but I want the option.

On a related note: I would like the option to keep the hood up with helmets. Come on, Revan can do it! Why can't it? Fine I'm not Revan, but still.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.