Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

You took too long with Warzone Brackets

Dravinian

Expertise should have never made it into this game but it did and this is what happens.

The thing that bothers me the most is that coming from EVE a very PVP centric game and then playing this theme park with instanced pvp, and looking at the pvp community this game has, i was once told by friend that came from EQ then WoW that the PVP community in WoW was filled with nothing but spoiled brat, prima donna whining idiots that spent more whining about PVErs and more worried about gear ginds than PVP itself...

Its a first too me that these so called PVPrs act this way....

Likewise, I came from Aion and the concept of getting end-game PVP gear in the first month is alien to me.

You kids don't know what REAL RNG is!

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware showed utter contempt for their casual players by leaving out brackets at launch and then not putting them in for a month.

You showed a total disregard for your player base, opting to allow them to be farmed by level 50s in far superior gear while you sat on your hands and did nothing.

The excuse that there weren't enough level 50s was not good enough. You had other options, you could have disabled Expertise in PvP and told those at 50 it will be reinstated in a month along with brackets, but you didn't.

You did nothing.

This is why I will not resub.

The rest of the game, it can be fixed, eventually, should you get around to it.

Your attitude towards your paying customers is much harder to fix.

Im a casual with:

Level 50 Guardian with 5 pieces of champ gear

Level 24 Scoundrel that will have enough commendations for 5 bags plus a bag at 50

Level 19 Commando that ill level when I have gotten my other two chars finished.

Sorry but your argument suggests you would sooner complain than make the best use of your time.

Gearhammer online 2.0 LoL it amazes me they did the exact same error that killed a MMO in record time.

I win buttons through gear handed to the early adopters will in the end starve the game of new players. Such poor game design

L33t players will tell you to go elsewhere and the majority of the population will.

Or maybe it has to do with the fact that there is no cross-server PvP so the queues would be about 5 hours for each bracket? Brackets will only truly work effectively if there is some sort of cross-server PvP. Confining PvP matches to server-only, and THEN to bracket-only as well can cause massive queue times.

Gearhammer online 2.0 LoL it amazes me they did the exact same error that killed a MMO in record time.

I win buttons through gear handed to the early adopters will in the end starve the game of new players. Such poor game design

L33t players will tell you to go elsewhere and the majority of the population will.

It is just disappointing that BW failed to respond to previously proven mistakes, and rather just choose to repeat them.

Like what? The bracket hits this week. Unless someone here has a time machine, there is absolutely nothing that can be done to change what has happened. As of this week, the bracket will be in place.

Honestly, this complaint is silly. We know you can't get more valor than your level. We know that even doing 50% of your leveling will keep you at the valor cap if you stagger it right. We know that will max your commendation while maxing level 20 and 40 gear. You have every possible reward. The only downside is that a level 50 mows you over every couple of minutes. Big whoop. That'll happen at 50 too. My level 23 alt does just fine. The OP is complaining about his dead horse. I'm sure it will change what the horse did in the past.

Before I get flamed I am offering an open minded opinion. I am not a fan boy and I am not a quitter or whiner. This game has some good point and it has some awful points.

That being said I do see a point in the post you are dismissing. Explaining why you left when you leave enables people to fix the hole in the game that is causing it to drain of players. If people just left and didn't explain why the game would just fade away. If people explain why they are leaving when they do, it gives a chance to patch the holes and retain some players.

Delayed even further.

So more time for the casual players to be farmed.

Incredible that they didn't include a hotfix of brackets or a hotfix of expertise deactivation.

It is indicative of the continuing contempt that Bioware has for their playbase that they will continue to allow a large number of them to be farmed by other players.

If there was a game bug that allowed a class to do double the damage and take half the damage from other players any decent MMORPG company that cared about their community would hotfix it, as we have seen in the multitude of other MMORPGs on the market over the years.

Yet because it is by design, it is allowed to continue by Bioware.

They have no idea about how to treat their community of players, or they just simply do not care because this game has Star Wars written on it and they consider that it will be a guaranteed success because of it.

I would hope that the money behind this realises that this attitude is what will keep this game from becoming the next WoW, and by that I mean having 11 million subscribers and making the company millions of dollars every single month.

It may well still be successful but this attitude is what will stop the company reaping the massive financial benefits that a game of this type can sow.

It's called arrogance. They did not listen to the non-fanboy testers during beta very much. They also broke what didn't need fixing with more gear tiers, removing presence as the healing stat, and adding expertise.

My server isn't ready for brackets. During prime-time, there are between 30-40 level 50's on the Republic Side. There just aren't enough 50's to support their own bracket.

i am quitting too after my free month is finished and all my friends we are 15 people playing and warzoning at a medium traffic server where queues are already long.

good luck finding people to pvp with, haters

I'm on a Heavy PVP Server. I will have plenty of luck finding people to pvp with.

Have fun with panda's and pokemon. At least that game will cater to your instant gratifying "me me me" Dora the Explorer afternoon special happy fun time attitude.

Nah I will be gone.

I wonder just how many will quit.

I wonder how many of you saying good riddance will regret it if queue times jump massively due to a drop in population.

I hope those that said they will quit will be like me and stick to it. I think Bioware needs the kick up the behind to pull their finger out and realise that PvP is actually a massive part of the game and you can't just ignore it.

This game doesn't wipe my ***. DOOM and GLOOM.

Delayed even further.

So more time for the casual players to be farmed.

Incredible that they didn't include a hotfix of brackets or a hotfix of expertise deactivation.

It is indicative of the continuing contempt that Bioware has for their playbase that they will continue to allow a large number of them to be farmed by other players.

If there was a game bug that allowed a class to do double the damage and take half the damage from other players any decent MMORPG company that cared about their community would hotfix it, as we have seen in the multitude of other MMORPGs on the market over the years.

Yet because it is by design, it is allowed to continue by Bioware.

They have no idea about how to treat their community of players, or they just simply do not care because this game has Star Wars written on it and they consider that it will be a guaranteed success because of it.

I would hope that the money behind this realises that this attitude is what will keep this game from becoming the next WoW, and by that I mean having 11 million subscribers and making the company millions of dollars every single month.

It may well still be successful but this attitude is what will stop the company reaping the massive financial benefits that a game of this type can sow.

You keep saying casual, we have plenty of casual players that don't think like this and do fine in WZ's that aren't 50, but by now even the casuals should be 50 (it's so damn easy). You're just bad if you're getting farmed.

BW need to implement (or should have, rather - Too late now) faction balance on the servers. The bracket was obviously going to come in at a later date and if you can't figure that out then it's not just the game you fail in, it's common sense too.

Hotfix to remove expertise? What so I have to PvE all day long to get gear to PvP? I hate PvE, I PvP'd to get my PvP gear, so ****.

The only thing you need is better parenting to get that spoilt brat mentalility out of you. As they've failed hard thus far, I doubt there's much hope for that.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

OP, your not gonna see alot of love here as most active posters are the ones with time to hit 50 fast and thus, are not fans of things that are detrimental to their gameplay.

You should be 50 by now makes me laugh though.

Guinness World Record for the most voice acting in any game or movie, but you should be 50 by now, you should have mashed your spacebar to ignore all of that to get to 50.

I got the game on the 29th of December.

That is 18 days I have been playing, including the holidays, an operation, a life, a girlfriend, a death in the family, not to mention finding the right character for me, the right faction, playing other games as well, because unlike some I don't obsess over a single game to get to max level in the fastest time possible just because it makes me feel important.

Yet it is my fault I am not 50 yet and therefore it is clearly acceptable that the games company treats me, and everyone else like me, with utter contempt.

It is just such a bizarre mentality.

i understand its frustrating, but jeez they said they'd fix it 2weeks after release. 2 weeks!

Now has the fix come yet...no. But at least they let you know. It all changes next week at the latest.

But if your that hurt over this then MMOs my not be for you. They constantly change it it certainly won't always be in your favor.

Right now its in the 50s favor. After the changes, it's not for certain, but 50s may have a hard time. Certainly the ungeared ones will. And that's a lot of people, because I'd say a large number of the more normal pace lvl gamers are starting to hit 50 now.

Bioware showed utter contempt for their casual players by leaving out brackets at launch and then not putting them in for a month.

You showed a total disregard for your player base, opting to allow them to be farmed by level 50s in far superior gear while you sat on your hands and did nothing.

The excuse that there weren't enough level 50s was not good enough. You had other options, you could have disabled Expertise in PvP and told those at 50 it will be reinstated in a month along with brackets, but you didn't.

You did nothing.

This is why I will not resub.

The rest of the game, it can be fixed, eventually, should you get around to it.

Your attitude towards your paying customers is much harder to fix.

No one promised you any handouts. QQ thread

On PvP servers, there is no shortage of 50s already. Port Nowhere is teeming with them.

If you really wanted to PvP and rolled on a non-pvp server, then it is your own fault if the 50s progression isn't fast enough.

I agree the brackets should have been set up at the outset. They weren't. Deal with it or quit.

Ive been playing casual from launch. At most 1hr a day. Maybe 3 if im lucky and not pullin a shift on a weekend.

Anyway...i dont have that much a problem with 50's in warzones. Playing the objectives and not just going for the kills is the key here. It does get old being farmed by the same 50 that targets my lvl 30 toon over and over again... but the teams are usually (with some glaring exceptions) pretty balanced.

The team that passes the ball / does the objectives wins.

Took under a month, and they waited for enough people to actually be 50. Stop crying.

LMFAO are you playing the same game I am, because this is the first MMO I've EVER SEEN where I was facing 50 pre-mades in the first 3 days of launch

This is real world feedback. A customer cites his reasons for cancelling the service, due to how the company treated him.

This is no different than someone canceling their cable tv, mobile phone, or even simply getting up and leaving a bad restaurant -- but in the forum world, it is somehow considered being a cry baby or an annoyance.

Some at BW will actually want to know why people are canceling their service -- which is why actually do just that when you click 'cancel'. Hopefully if enough people provide quality feedback when they cancel, and BW is open to improving their retention, there might be some positive change.

Until then, if you are not happy with the state of the game, cancel. You can always resub in a year if they improve the way the treat their customers (in your case), and/or the other issues canceling customers have.

This! Finally someone has said it. (awesome posts Loekii, i agree with all of your points throughout this topic)

What is so difficult to grasp? That a customer CAN and has the RIGHT to provide the reasons behind his canceling of a service? Do you have any other connection with the real world, apart from digital terms? Do you know in like....restaurants...those little boxes titled "complaint box"? Shall we get rid of them and dish on the people that found a fly in their food?

I am also unsatisfied with BioWare for all the points made by Loekii and Dravinian. I am currently not as pissed as to unsub but that is mainly because i have my friends that i play with to keep me engaged.

And if i finally unsub, i damn well should provide the reasons behind it, cause you know what? That is the only way to constructively change things (and maybe if they do they will regain their lost customer base - its a win/win situation).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.