Is TOR done growing?

JediMasterShake

I played Age of Conan, STO, DCUO, and tons of other MMOs that have lost tons of players and I thought they personally sucked too, but I think SWTOR is the best MMO to come out in the last 7 years.

So....what now?

Nothing why do you care then? Go play?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So do most the people who complain about just about every MMO out there feel that

WoW is the only good one worth spending $$$ on? Just curious as to what MMO out there other than WoW that all the complainers think is good/great, I'd likely try it.

I played Age of Conan, STO, DCUO, and tons of other MMOs that have lost tons of players and I thought they personally sucked too, but I think SWTOR is the best MMO to come out in the last 7 years.

So....what now?

Now you are a fanboi who ignores reality! Thats how it works, you see :D

Directly from the developers of this game.

They said it was less than 5% of the population having issues with the game.

You can argue with me all day long about it, but it doesn't change the facts.

I had absolutely no problems. I knew that there was going to be delays because I understood that it was first come first serve. Those who complained forgot to get in line and were surprised when they found one.

So when a few hundred thousand unsub in the upcoming days are you gonna still go with the 5% theory just so I know to qoute you on it.

LOL..

I guess when my entire Ops group..and every Op's group that's on my server is part of this "minority"

Are you not 50 yet or something? Are you not doing Op's and FP's? Have you not pvp'd? Have you not leveled professions? If not, then you sir are the minority.

Not ops.

Operations have clear bugs.

I obviously wouldn't have meant that in my post.

Use logic please.

The only reason I am not unsubbing is that I had 60 days of free playtime.

That is right 60, and I did not even need to set up a subscription for that little marvel. Oh but I did have to spent 67$ on useless DVD's and waste days with them not working...

Hey wait when I say it out loud like that it does not seem like I am coming out ahead ... what the deuce!!!

Directly from the developers of this game.

They said it was less than 5% of the population having issues with the game.

You can argue with me all day long about it, but it doesn't change the facts.

I had absolutely no problems. I knew that there was going to be delays because I understood that it was first come first serve. Those who complained forgot to get in line and were surprised when they found one.

Good lord..you actually believe the developers and that 5% crap...ROFL

And you call those facts on top of that..oh my..

Please go back to Tatooine and finish leveling.

Stop being so one-dimensional. I loved this game when I was leveling..I loved it when I was a fresh 50 too..guess what..things change.

Maybe you're at that point where it's still all new to you..in time..you'll find out just how wrong you've been here today.

Edited by Slomoshun

Nothing why do you care then? Go play?

I am on the forums of the game that I enjoy playing.

Yet there are people on here who dislike the game, say "x" game is better than SWTOR, but they aren't playing or on "x" game's forums?

Depending on how much of a grip Blizzard has on their players balls, I see a drop in WoW subs around March month because there is no new content and there won't be til Summer and MoP comes out.

Now as for those players coming to SWTOR, only time will tell, it's up to BioWare to fix the problems that people are having while continuing to add new content.

I know that I would prefer constant new Operations instead of a new raid every 7 months that's finished in 2 weeks with their new LFR system.

As for SWTOR growing in general, it's possible. With so many late year releases in 2011 and a few big games coming around March, there may still be some people out there interested in SWTOR that haven't picked it up because they're still *********** around in Skyrim or Assassin's Creed.

At the end of the day, the game doesn't need 5+ million subscribers. You only interact with a fraction of that anyways, if in a few months some servers are dying they can merge them with others(something WoW doesn't do anymore, they just let their players rot), and as long as BioWare doesn't do something that pisses of the community this game will be around for awhile.

So when a few hundred thousand unsub in the upcoming days are you gonna still go with the 5% theory just so I know to qoute you on it.

Lol..

sure you can also quote me when the game is up to 25 million in 3 months.

I can make random statements too.

To expect a newly launched game to provide you with the same amount of content at cap that an 8 year old game does is childish and silly. This game will grow beautifully and continue to attract people who are looking for exceptional quality and an immersive MMO experience.

It's childish for wanting one product to compare to another product? I don't care about what the game *might* turn into. I'm worried about how the game plays now. And there is no way that it holds up to other games in the genre (WoW, Rift, etc.).

TOR is in competition with other games for my time and my money. If they can't deliver a better product then why should I stick with them?

So do most the people who complain about just about every MMO out there feel that

WoW is the only good one worth spending $$$ on? Just curious as to what MMO out there other than WoW that all the complainers think is good/great, I'd likely try it.

Eve Online is 10X the game WoW is and thier patch this week which is a patch to the major winter release is most likely 5 to 10 times more than what BW is releasing tomorrow. With about 4% of the staff I would make a wild guess.

I really enjoyed Vanguard once they got a lot of the bugs worked out. I just couldn't keep supporting the title when it received zero support from SoE. Two years without a content update will send anyone packing.

And if only a few thousand unsub?

Try not stating opinion as fact in the future; it hurts your argument.

Well if you ask from the masses, next thing that can and will challenge or kill WoW is Titan, made by Blizzard. This is in the real world ofc. some see dreams of TOR and GW 2 taking upp the challenge but it wont happen.

Glad we have a bunch of fortunetellers here. I'd like to sign up for a private meeting with one of you guys to discuss my future.

Seriously, you guys wouldn't know if a good MMO hit you right in the face. What kind of expectations do you honestly have on a new MMO? Making you pregnant with an angelic child that will save the world from everything that is not perfect?

This is a newly launched MMO that has 10x the amount of content and polish any other MMO had in the past... yea since WoW launched. It had the biggest initial sales, and it has some great post-launch updates planned quickly.

If you want to see a horrible MMO launch, look at Final Fantasy 14.

And all those other games were somewhat good, but they definetely did not have the polish this game have. This is also coming from someone who totaly lost interest in this game and thought it looked like another bad WoW-clone, but on release day decided to buy it and got quite surprised how wrong I was.

This game will grow - no doubt about it, as long as Bioware can keep up with a fast update schedule.

Performance issues. Developers didnt say that only 5% suffered from boring PvP and other things he mentioned.

"Dreadful system performance on high end PC's

No high res graphic options (an MMO first) due to Hero engine not being able to handle it

Pointless crafting

Boring PvP

Laggy and very basic combat

Dull and uninspired missions.

Broken high end raids"

I have a high end system, and no lag.

no high res -- being added

Pointless crafting = your opinion

Boring PvP = again your opinion

Laggy and very basic combat -- I have no lag, but Ability delay is being handled by devs.

Dull and uninspired missions -- again your opinion

Broken high end raids = being addressed.

Edited by djsmileey

I think you'll see an initial drop followed by steady growth. The decrease in numbers will be from the hardcore MMO community that flocks to each new attempt at the genre hoping to rekindle that excitement they first had when playing their first or favorite MMO that has now gone a little stale for them.

Once that disillusioned and disappointed (think virtually impossible expectations) group has fluttered away only to return to snipe and gripe periodically I think you'll see a slow and steady growth in the game from a different or new gaming population.

I think you'll see folks that have never participated in an MMO start to try the game after they hear about it from friends or in the media.

You can say what you want about the implementation of this game on the PvP or EndGame side of the coin but there is PLENTY here to enjoy and it will entice new folks to the genre. It's hard to fathom the power of the instant association that is possible with the Star Wars universe and brand. Immersion has such a leg up when you're discussing this storyline. Gamers know the other MMO's, half the planet already has some Star Wars lore tucked inside their heads. It's just a different beast.

It'll be interesting to see how they change and to whom they eventually cater but I don't see this dropping off nearly like anyone is claiming.

Edited by IBJammin

wow, im amazed so many people have their degrees in marketing and sales.. honestly.. no one really cares.. play it, don't play..

of course people will act negatively toward it because "they" have made up their minds to move on already and like anyone who's unhappy, want everyone else to follow... but us, who still play for fun don't pick it apart every moment.

its a pity you already let it fail for you.. but... good riddance i say when Tera and GW2 come out.. it'll weed out, the whiners and self proclaimed Marketing Major's and of course everyones a developer of some sort too.. as well as the holier than thou "beta testers"..

in the end.. goodbye .. waaah waaah waah...

It's childish for wanting one product to compare to another product? I don't care about what the game *might* turn into. I'm worried about how the game plays now. And there is no way that it holds up to other games in the genre (WoW, Rift, etc.).

TOR is in competition with other games for my time and my money. If they can't deliver a better product then why should I stick with them?

well said, I mean they are more then welcome to make it F2P and then charge a sub when they have something to do with a sub.

Currently you can finish the game multiple times in 30 days then stand on the fleet and look pretty on either of your characters holding the same color lightsaber they started with.

Wow infact that sounds so correct we can now define SWTOR Endgame:

Currently you can finish the game multiple times in 30 days then stand on the fleet and look pretty on either of your characters holding the same color lightsaber they started with.

Edited by WutsInAName

The game's been out for a month. If you honestly, honestly, honestly think it has such a short product cycle, you should get your head checked.

Honestly, son.

It probably won't have the longevity of WoW, which is an anomaly that has been ending the past few months, but it'll continue to grow for at least a year or 2. Incremental growth, sure, but growth.

Edited by Dekadez

Just to clarify as I think some people just see me a hater. I will be paying my subscription when it is due on the 29th and keep playing because I think the game has enough potential to be a good game. All you fan boys though are seriously going to kill this game with your blind defending. You are not helping anything at all.

I recognize the problems this game has and I will be vocal about it until we arrive at a fix. I don't care if you agree with me or not.