Official statement that class changes are coming

voidsurvivor

Cybertech grenades, especially when stacked with additional power-ups and other temporary buffs, were creating combat damage burst potential higher than we were comfortable with and caused player versus player engagements in the game to resolve faster than intended. In fact we have additional changes to classes and consumables currently in internal testing to deal with faster than anticipated kill times in player versus player combat in a future patch.

You can stop the "I was killed by class X" threads now. http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

so operatives are getting nerfed

and faster than anticipated? man, did anyone even test this game - so the devs were not aware of this incredible burst? ahahah, glad i cancelled. the devs do not even know what they are doing

Edited by Thelongroad

That says nothing about class damage. All it says it that player made things like the cybertech grenades deal more damage than they would like them too.

It's amazing that you managed to miss the part that the original poster had even bolded to make his point!

so operatives are getting nerfed

and faster than anticipated? man, did anyone even test this game - so the devs were not aware of this incredible burst? ahahah, glad i cancelled. the devs do not even know what they are doing

I myself prefer faster fights than those that take minutes to conclude. PvP in WoW became so slow and boring that I almost fell asleep everytime I did it.

Only game I can think of having working slow PvP combat is GW, and that's mainly because it was designed for it.

I myself prefer faster fights than those that take minutes to conclude. PvP in WoW became so slow and boring that I almost fell asleep everytime I did it.

Only game I can think of having working slow PvP combat is GW, and that's mainly because it was designed for it.

What? When did you quit PvPing in WoW, season 2?

It's been an instagibfest since Wrath of the Lich King came out.

I dont really agree on the pace of killing being too fast. Once healers get stronger and stronger, and this WILL happen sooner or later, you will then end up being unable to burn anyone down if the healers arent totally asleep.

Actually even now theres a good amount of well equipped healers around and when you get into a wz with 2 or more, chances are, you wont really be able to kill alot of the other teams guys, even when you interrupt the healers or try to nuke one of them.

But yeah Bioware, grenades with a 5!!! minute cooldown, which is more than double of most strong defensive cooldowns, clearly did way too much damage. You nailed it guys... just lol.

What? When did you quit PvPing in WoW, season 2?

It's been an instagibfest since Wrath of the Lich King came out.

Did you? Now with everyone having the same HP's as some of the bosses from Wrath - it takes freaking forever for fights to end. I hate Wow for what the did to the Hunter class and quit because of it.

Edited by Grandpappy

They need nerfed in a big way! It's stupid to have one class own a WZ. If they get attacked they can go invis. is utter BS.

HAHAHAHA...WRONG I have played both classes they are EXACTLY the same the Sorc's on your servers probably just know the game better, Most Sorc's on my server couldn't nail down a rotation to save there life be it healing or dps, and QQ that Sages are OP compared to them...

I will say this though Sage's pvp gear looks a lot better then the Sorc, but I like Lightning's Animations more then then the Sages Telekinetic abilities, everything is balanced if you think other wise then the problem is you. Each Faction has the SAME classes only thing different is the ability names, and animations, and the names of the classes. if you don't believe me go roll both