Marauders and Huttball

Mercato

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huttball is definitely not where marauders shine.

Every other class has tools that take advantage of the environment FAR better than we are able to.

the problem is that, on my server at least, 85% of all pvp matches we play are huttball because of the disparity in faction populations.

Huttball is definitely not where marauders shine.

Every other class has tools that take advantage of the environment FAR better than we are able to.

the problem is that, on my server at least, 85% of all pvp matches we play are huttball because of the disparity in faction populations.

I totally agree, I feel like when I play huttball I spend a very small amount of time fighting and a ton of time running back up the platforms so I can be pushed off again.

90% of the time in Huttball I focus on scoring instead of damage. With an Op healing me and a Sorc to pull me around we've easily carried games.

Granted, Juggernauts could easily do it as well with a lot more tankiness, but Undying Rage + Predation have insured many, many points.

Edited by Kibaken

what i love is when i charge and a random dude aoe knockback for no reason and im knockbacked even if i'm still in the charge animation 20 yard from the guy

Charge seems pretty buggy to me right now, I've had some complications with force charging someone and forgetting about the air vent in huttball, it will send me crazy high into the air. I've also just randomly fallen through the huttball map and been taken out of the rest of the game force charging. Also the bridge on voidstar is terrible...i've fallen through that bridge atleast 8 times because I forget and I forcecharge someone and I end up falling through the map.

I totally agree, I feel like when I play huttball I spend a very small amount of time fighting and a ton of time running back up the platforms so I can be pushed off again.

Day in the life of the melee class

Haha so true its unfunny.

We need a knockback immunity after charge.

I think I like the idea of having immunity from knockback after charging, even if it is only 5 seconds or so. That gives me enough time to do some damage before "LOL KNOCKBACK"

Was hoping for a knockback montage played to the tune of Yakety Sax.

I am disappoint. Accurate video though, nothing sucks worse than getting knocked/pulled/stunned into environment.

LOL I could easily make a video like this :)

Every marauder could. I think the small period of CC immunity thing would be pretty great (or even just immunity to knockbacks), it really is irritating when it happens and it happens constantly in huttball. I'm usually mindful of my positioning which has cut down alot on getting hit into fire or off of stuff but if the person is smart, or they just use it the instant you land without you getting a chance to reposition there is nothing you can do.

Agree there its so sad they are all standing on high ground just waiting for some one to push down.. My advise get up there without using force charge, then u can do it after you fall down.

IMHO the people crying about marauder in huttball are the epitome of L2P. Marauder is one of the best ball carrying classes. I can pick up from mid and score faster then any other class. All in all, huttball is a zone that marauders excel at unless you're simply getting facerolled. In which case, what class is going to change anything? Edited by getdownsb

IMHO the people crying about marauder in huttball are the epitome of L2P. Marauder is one of the best ball carrying classes. I can pick up from mid and score faster then any other class. All in all, huttball is a zone that marauders excel at unless you're simply getting facerolled. In which case, what class is going to change anything?

You are just clueless. Juggernaut can do the same thing while having more survivability. Charge to enemy, charge to ally and he has closed half the map. So no, you can't score faster than any other class unless you play with horrible people. Go get some clue.

IMHO the people crying about marauder in huttball are the epitome of L2P. Marauder is one of the best ball carrying classes. I can pick up from mid and score faster then any other class. All in all, huttball is a zone that marauders excel at unless you're simply getting facerolled. In which case, what class is going to change anything?

Not everyone plays in pre-mades, on my server Healers are few and far between if I pickup the ball I get chain CC'd and ping-ponged around untill I die - no amount of cd's will save me.

The game HAS to be balanced around team AND solo play, our lack of immunity from cc is a huge negative. As a solo player mainly I focus their ball carrier and healer, I only grab the ball if its near the line and I can make a quick dash.

Anyone can be "good" with a pocket healer I'm afraid.

Edited by Draexnael

I just wonder why not giving Force Charge a knockback cc immunity for 5 secs just after

Force charge just to be able to anticipate on what ur opponent will do as so far as i can see now in Hutt ball is that most classes have roughly spoken two important buttons on their bars

Throw ball and their knock back

last time i got knocked back 2 times straight after eachother and ended up in fire, bit unfortunate but incredible frustrating

Wow you are an idiot. So many classes carry the ball better. However, it is nice to be carrying the ball pop Undying Rage and walk through all the fire while everyone else is just standing there..... kinda funny and its the only laugh you get out of huttball.