BW: Why were most armor/robe sets removed before launch?

mitrikzoltan

Here was a sith warrior Dark side armor set that was in beta it was a 16-20 oranage set. http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/arod628/1.jpg

Oh man, that is one sweet looking piece of armor. It's kind of unfair to compare however. That was in beta, correct? And they used the high-rez textures for Beta, correct?

Maybe this gear doesn't look so awesome in medium rez, or maybe they never even made lo-rez textures for the gear.

Anyway, it's encouraging that there were cool armor sets in the game. Maybe there will be again!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The gear was probably made with high res textures and were removed when they removed said high res textures from the game before release. Or, the missing gear can be just a "bug".

They didn't remove high res textures as such, the medium textures are scaled versions of the high res ones (which is partially why they look so blocky). So I doubt it has anything to do this particular issue.

More probably it's some dumb issue like they aren't happy how they look, as bioware seems to have a "we don't like it so you can't have it, even if you like it." attitude. Or like other people have mentioned, they're holding them back for later release.

I also have the horrible sinking feeling that the game has massive problems with player textures and memory issues (and the client crashing), so they've has to limit the amount of different armor a player is likely to see at one time.

It's much less likely to be that last one though.

Another real question is why does my level 25-35 gear look WAY better than my level 45-50 gear?

I agree. For example, I think the commendation gear from Taris and Alderaan and Tatooin is much better looking than later planets.

I also want my Sith Sorceror to be able to wear a hood and a mask. After all, Revan did it 300 years ago!

Also, where are trousers for light armour wearers?

They also removed lots of character creation customization options and tons of other stuff.

Why?

To put into the game later of course. Probably in relation to new content or the Legacy system.

It is actually a good thing. Not a bad one. Overproducing and then releasing content quickly is going to be amazing in this game.

Edited by Drallbait

I agree. For example, I think the commendation gear from Taris and Alderaan and Tatooin is much better looking than later planets.

I also want my Sith Sorceror to be able to wear a hood and a mask. After all, Revan did it 300 years ago!

Also, where are trousers for light armour wearers?

My Juggernaut has been wearing the same boots (different items, same model) for almost 15 levels now. It really is sad to see, even though the look itself is decent.

I'm just tired of my JK having her hood up. Shoot, I'm tired if the long robes too. Let me wear something like Satele Shan wears. That would be a perfect look for my JK.

I wonder, are there any real armors for JKs? The ones you get so see during character creation look nice but I've not seen them on anyone during warzones so I assume they simply aren't in the game either.

The only "armored" looking set for Juggernauts is the PvE gear with all the spikes and such.

Edited by FerrusPA

My Juggernaut has been wearing the same boots (different items, same model) for almost 15 levels now. It really is sad to see, even though the look itself is decent.

My Marauder is wearing The Black Talon Tunic since for about 15 levels too now, and it doesn't seem like I am changing it any time soon because of a lack in armors.

People from beta also remember Troopers running around in bright pink temp gear because the sets for them hadn't been finished.

My guess is that they took sets away from other classes so that each class would have roughly the same amount of gear, so people wouldn't whine about why such-and-such class got so much more gear than their class.

I'm sure it will be released eventually and in a balanced fashion, and I'm sure it was done out of rushing things and not intentionally to draw out the gear releases.

It's standard BioWare fare. Pull content away from the final release of the game so they can sell it back as new later on.

Like the one assault rifle I actually ended up liking in ME2 that was DLC only even though it occupied a unique place in the dmg/range/rate of fire/ammo matrix.

I love Bioware games, but I hate getting them one piece at a time or having to jump though crazy cross promotional crap to get a complete edition.

This seems especially frustrating as a Marauder. I hear there were lots of cool robes in the medium range during beta, but now there's so little medium armor that doesn't have cunning its a joke. I have to wear light armor meant for inquis. All the robes for sith warrior are heavy armor and so I can't touch them.

Welcome to the Marauders' club. You saw epic hooded robes in the prom shots ?

TOO BAD THERE IS NONE FOR YOU, it's all HEAVY ARMOR FFS, even the light armor are just chest hooded+robe pants :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

My Marauder is wearing The Black Talon Tunic since for about 15 levels too now, and it doesn't seem like I am changing it any time soon because of a lack in armors.

You're going to wear it till you get lv50 armors (if you like it, not sure at all) my friend ;)

As the title sais.

If you have played beta, you remember all those awsome looking armor sets for all the classes. You can also see them in official screenshots, progression videos, and a lot of beta footage on youtube. There was a real variety and no issues whatsoever.

I was wondering, what happened to all those sets? Why remove them? Are we getting them back? When? What is keeping Bioware from adding them?

Right now most classes only have 2-3 sets from level 10-50, not including the horrid looking PVP sets. (nobody likes those designs..) The rest is just recolors. Also, lot of classes have issues.

Jedi Knights - always bald, always hood-up

Sith Warriors - no hoods. (should kinda be the other way around, but we should have both versions and be able to choose, or a toggle)

Sith Inquisitors - either a mask, or the hood. The two won't work together anymore.

...and so on. And if you happen to not like the 3 sets available to you throughout the game? Well.. Looks are important, in a story driven mmo more than ever. The ability to see your face in a cutscene is important. Looking forward to new sets of armor, new looks and rewards is a basic foundation of an mmo.

Right now the only class I am satisfied with in terms of looks is the Republic Trooper. Epic.

you forgot to mention the giant *** issue with jedi robes.