You know this game failed at pvp when.....

Forbiddian

This is to be changed in the next content patch. They obviously did this for the 1st month just so there is no massive queue for warzones.

i think its more fair to get in a warzone underpowered than to not get in a warzone for 30 minutes.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As a level ten I would expect the game to let me fight against other level tens or at least something tenish ... How is that delusional?

Ok, in a 10 to 19 bracket I prolly still get rolled but at least not that fast as by some forty-something bullys...

Are you aware of bolster?

The dev team tries to convince the community that their terrible pvp system was implemented because "internal" testing determined it to be fun and balanced despite the overwhelming uproar from the beta testing community of the vast amount of pervasively terribly implemented issues.

And

The devs are quoted in a pre-release interview making a statement that interpretively indicated that the game was basically done and the the feedback from the beta testers was mostly worthless to them, since beta testers were just animals in the corral, placed there to test the fences.

Never died in 4 seconds to one player, i die a lot, so I can't relate

You have obviously never been jumped by an Operative then, I have been taken down by one in less that 4 seconds when I was lvl 40 in a WZ. Having said that I am a shield specced Vanguard, which are somewhat less than useless in WZs.

i am lvl 50, but im not stupid, i want a fair game

Pity more don't see it that way. I am starting to see more and more geared up lvl 50's camping low level areas now ... sad really.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

Bolstering actually works quite well, until you add the lvl 50 pvp gear into the mix. At that point it really is a slaughter most of the time.

But, once again, that should be expected imo.

Bolstering is such a good idea, I love it.

Infact the lower level you are the more damage reduction you get which means if you still die really easily then its probably just you.

Level 50s with expertise gear are harder to take out but not impossible just use the tools that have been provided to you from the pvp vendors or the shiny objects that are in the warzones and play better.

I do think that the 50s being in their own bracket is a good idea because the players who are bad at low levels are only going to make it easier for the other team to win.

I can assure you that next we will hear 'wah wah theres level 49s in the WZs and Im only level 10'

Play better.

Yea I have to admit it sucks getting killed by someone 40 levels higher than you...

Not as much as I imagine it would suck being killed by someone 40 levels lower...

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n599/evilastro/SWTOR/Screenshot_2012-01-12_01_19_33_222450.jpg

Yep, thats my level 14 operative getting top damage for the team. My level 12 sorceror friend (Flaspina) got top heals. We also got two of the three goals.

Or hey try this one! Flaspina and I got the most medals out of the whole team and I got 3 MVP votes because I was actually doing the objectives and helped us to win (I ninja capped center and then held it until we got backup).

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n599/evilastro/SWTOR/Screenshot_2012-01-12_00_32_20_987450.jpg

But lets just keep pretending that low levels are useless in PvP because you are doing poorly.

And before the 'OPs are overpowered' calls, I have also gotten top damage (with about 250k) on my level 20 BH tank in a number of warzones.

Today I killed a level 50 operative who got the jump on me, as my now level 25 operative. I also got the assassin medal for killing him without any assistance.

As my Level 50 Sorceror and Merc BH I have had some great fights against low level players who genuinely gave me some drama, then there are the level 50s who I can steamroll and complain about gear imbalance when in fact its more about working as a team and using your abilities properly.

A well timed interrupt or crowd control is far more useful than 5-10% more damage against another player.

...When my supposed "mirror" class has a ****load of instant more than me while i sit to watch my boulder and enjoy the delay of it...

And when our supposed "mirror" realm has game-breaking advantages given by incompetents developer who still doesnt' fix toe obviuos of obviuos!

Bolstering is such a good idea, I love it.

Infact the lower level you are the more damage reduction you get which means if you still die really easily then its probably just you.

Level 50s with expertise gear are harder to take out but not impossible just use the tools that have been provided to you from the pvp vendors or the shiny objects that are in the warzones and play better.

I do think that the 50s being in their own bracket is a good idea because the players who are bad at low levels are only going to make it easier for the other team to win.

I can assure you that next we will hear 'wah wah theres level 49s in the WZs and Im only level 10'

Play better.

what does mean ¨play better¨? so u say a lvl 10 player who play good is able to kill a lvl 40 player who play good?

As a level 10 you should expect to get rolled. If you don't you're delusional.

No.

What should you expect is to fight people of your level.

That is a normal expectation when joining the PvP that the GAME has invited you to join.

The fact that this game is so ridiculously stupid as to place a level 10 against level 50s in a warzone can hardly be the fault of anyone that isn't a developer.

Though I am loathe to call them that, they have not developed PvP in this game at all, it plays like a last minute add-on with no thought involved at all.

Not as much as I imagine it would suck being killed by someone 40 levels lower...

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n599/evilastro/SWTOR/Screenshot_2012-01-12_01_19_33_222450.jpg

Yep, thats my level 14 operative getting top damage for the team. My level 12 sorceror friend (Flaspina) got top heals. We also got two of the three goals.

Or hey try this one! Flaspina and I got the most medals out of the whole team and I got 3 MVP votes because I was actually doing the objectives and helped us to win (I ninja capped center and then held it until we got backup).

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n599/evilastro/SWTOR/Screenshot_2012-01-12_00_32_20_987450.jpg

But lets just keep pretending that low levels are useless in PvP because you are doing poorly.

And before the 'OPs are overpowered' calls, I have also gotten top damage (with about 250k) on my level 20 BH tank in a number of warzones.

Today I killed a level 50 operative who got the jump on me, as my now level 25 operative. I also got the assassin medal for killing him without any assistance.

As my Level 50 Sorceror and Merc BH I have had some great fights against low level players who genuinely gave me some drama, then there are the level 50s who I can steamroll and complain about gear imbalance when in fact its more about working as a team and using your abilities properly.

A well timed interrupt or crowd control is far more useful than 5-10% more damage against another player.

I got top damage on a Sage and capped two in aldaran.

Fortunately I am not deluded enough to think that this means anything.

Alright, I will avoid the waves of sarcasm secreting from this thread by asking a legit question. How would one avoid this. I will give you the scenario first

On the Alderaan warzone, I am playing on my lvl 50 Jedi Guardian, specced tank, in Soresu form. I am protecting the far left turret by myself as I am a tank. Lvl 27 Operative comes over and starts fighting with me.

I engage with a Combat Focus and Blade Storm to proc an absorb bubble. Then I hit Sabre Ward once the bubble drops. I then hit Warding Call in conjuction with Enure because my health is already plummeting while saber ward is up. I am hitting him as well fairly hard, but his hp gets to about a quarter and I die.

If I did something wrong then I would like to be let known how. It was a 1v1 the entire way, I did all my defensive abilities and a lvl 27 still cut me down inside 12 seconds. Not sure what else can be done at that point /shrugs

No.

What should you expect is to fight people of your level.

That is a normal expectation when joining the PvP that the GAME has invited you to join.

The fact that this game is so ridiculously stupid as to place a level 10 against level 50s in a warzone can hardly be the fault of anyone that isn't a developer.

Though I am loathe to call them that, they have not developed PvP in this game at all, it plays like a last minute add-on with no thought involved at all.

Everything in this Quote above me is right. There isn't any point in saying otherwise you don't gain defender points here.

what does mean ¨play better¨? so u say a lvl 10 player who play good is able to kill a lvl 40 player who play good?

dont blame the ppl, blame the bad design

its easy :

LVL 10-19 bracket

LVL 20-29 bracket

LVL 30-39 bracket

LVL 40-49 bracket

LVL 50-50 random vs random

LVL 50-50 premade vs premade

with that system i bet lot of ppl will come to pvp more and more

Alright, I will avoid the waves of sarcasm secreting from this thread by asking a legit question. How would one avoid this. I will give you the scenario first

On the Alderaan warzone, I am playing on my lvl 50 Jedi Guardian, specced tank, in Soresu form. I am protecting the far left turret by myself as I am a tank. Lvl 27 Operative comes over and starts fighting with me.

I engage with a Combat Focus and Blade Storm to proc an absorb bubble. Then I hit Sabre Ward once the bubble drops. I then hit Warding Call in conjuction with Enure because my health is already plummeting while saber ward is up. I am hitting him as well fairly hard, but his hp gets to about a quarter and I die.

If I did something wrong then I would like to be let known how. It was a 1v1 the entire way, I did all my defensive abilities and a lvl 27 still cut me down inside 12 seconds. Not sure what else can be done at that point /shrugs

as guardian 50 myslef; the problem was simple; speced to focus and now get easy medal and actually help my team much more and can kill stuff 1x1.

dont blame the ppl, blame the bad design

its easy :

LVL 10-19 bracket

LVL 20-29 bracket

LVL 30-39 bracket

LVL 40-49 bracket

LVL 50-50 random vs random

LVL 50-50 premade vs premade

with that system i bet lot of ppl will come to pvp more and more

Gee, I wonder if any has tried this before......

Seems vaguely familiar.....

Did you copy/paste that from a WoW website?

TOR's bolster system is far superior to WoW's. Go try and PvP as a lowbie, some lvl 19 rogue twink with 100k gold dumped into them is going to 1 shot you, and you'll still be crying.

At least here you might get a few kills.

4º make a fair pvp maybe?

What is unfair about it?

Once the 50's get their own bracket all will be well. I agree that geared 50s vs. <50s isn't much of a fight, but it's still way more balanced than anything WoW ever put out.

And more than once I've been put to the test by a lowbie that actually knew how to play.

TOR's bolster system is far superior to WoW's. Go try and PvP as a lowbie, some lvl 19 rogue twink with 100k gold dumped into them is going to 1 shot you, and you'll still be crying.

its kind of funny cause when I played WoW and twinks were viable I did have a 19 rogue and dumped a **** load of cash into him. Would be cool if one of the players I dominated was you his name was also "Iplaytwink" I had so much fun doing that. Just as a btw I hate the bolster system and the tiny laggy servers.

its kind of funny cause when I played WoW and twinks were viable I did have a 19 rogue and dumped a **** load of cash into him. Would be cool if one of the players I dominated was you his name was also "Iplaytwink" I had so much fun doing that. Just as a btw I hate the bolster system and the tiny laggy servers.

It wasn't. Twinks were a GIANT waste of time imo. Used by players that needed large amounts of gold to make up for a lack of skill they had in legit endgame PvP. Go back to farming newbies.

It wasn't. Twinks were a GIANT waste of time imo. Used by players that needed large amounts of gold to make up for a lack of skill they had in legit endgame PvP. Go back to farming newbies.

I wish I could still go on my twink but since they aren't viable I can't and don't worry about my PvP skills please. Also how can it be a giant waste of time I had so much fun doing it back then the only realm shame is no one could find me a second Assasins Blade which I wanted from Shadowfang keep when it was rare thats all I needed.

Thread winner ^

People cry too much.