Hey Imps, reroll Republic...no really

KidMcClaren

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone wanted to play the badguy character so they jumped on Empire as soon as game came out.

I play Republic myself and see the imbalance as well but I cant control that factor.

I will say this though. With the sheer amount of Empire characters running around alot of them are nice enough to fly to Ilum and call a truce so we all get our Daily/Weekly PvP quest done.

That being said I would love to see the Empire players swap to Republic to enjoy both sides like I do but they did pay for the game just like I did so lol.

No way dude.Just because they pay for the game shouldn't mean they have the right to play it the way they like it.Where do these reactionary thoughts come from.Down with players rights!The Stasi will be keeping a 0^0 eye on you.Just kidding...maybe :cool:

Just a note:I have 6 Repubs and 2 of those other.I like both but have a hard time getting into the IA.

Edited by well

Whoops even BW got mad at me for the fat kid comment. Once again, big apologies, just an analagy (if a slightly off color one).

Either that or they don't like how absolutely no one is disputing this fact.

I'm trying to help your game, please don't be mad at me BW.

Also still looking for numbers, ask around (Ilum is easy and then we know # of 50's which is most important).

I hate rebel scum so I have no choice

Rebels? What rebels? :rolleyes:

But, no, seriously... the Republic hates you too!

Anyways.

I play Republic myself, but I can totally understand people wanting to play Empire instead. I think for a lot of people, aside from the reasons already mentioned, they make the choice based on what kind of Star Wars fan they are. Like, I'm sorry, but all the spiffy looking red-and-black leather and sexy accents could never get me to betray my fandom and play an Imp; just wouldn't happen. I'm sure it's the same way with a lot of other Star Wars fans, only vice-versa concerning the Republic. I doubt anyone really rolled Imp because they thought it would be the more popular choice (in terms of numbers); if anything, I'm willing to bet at least half the population who rolled Imps did so because they thought "Oh, hey, in a Star Wars universe full of Jedi the bad guys have to be the underdog!" Or, simply, because most Star Wars games to date don't really allow you to play the "bad guy" so to speak.

Besides, who cares if people are playing Empire... you know they lose this war, right? :rolleyes:

Why bother to roll republic? I have several Imperial characters and they can't send mail to my republic characters. That means I have to start from square one and frankly I don't want to.

If I ever did roll republic I would do it on a different server, one with a decent guild I could join that would help me out. That's pretty much the only chance of that happening.

delete

Edited by well

Do you like this game, do you want to see it thrive?

How long can SWTOR sustain the overbalance of Imps?

Most rough estimates I'm hearing are anywhere from 4:1 Imps:Reps to 3:2 Imps:Reps.

On my server I ask the Imps in Ilum (where we can actually show our faces for like 3 more days) and it seems to be about 4:1 on mine.

If anyone has any numbers that dispute or confirm this I'd love to see them, ideally from Ilum or Fleet.

And seriously reroll, bring your guild, your family, your friends, your baddies and your pros. Balance the game, cuz we know BW won't.

No thanks, the Republic story lines bore me. It's all too 'goody goody' for me, sorry.

Actually there are 2 Republic Classes I am interested in. They are Trooper and Smuggler. The Forceguys are not that interesting for me. I will play those 2 for the story of course. But I will remain loyal to the empire.

I play a light side Bounty Hunter and I fell in love with this class! :) He answers to noone! They want me to work for them? Fine by me.. but only if there is payment involved :) So yes... what's in it fo me? :)

And seriously reroll, bring your guild, your family, your friends, your baddies and your pros. Balance the game, cuz we know BW won't.

I've heard stories about people being kicked from Republic flashpoints for picking dark side options in the dialogue. True?

Stuff like that is insufferable. I'd rather the opportunity to kill the sort of players who see themselves as 'the good guys' and have fragile sensibilities like these. Not that they're all like this, but not having the option to kill those who do is too annoying.

Also, brown robes and Jedi. Yeech. NTY.

Edited by Laiov

I'm nice IRL, I enjoy being an evil motha****a that makes evil decisions and kills people in game, so Empire was an easy choice for me :p

No thanks, the Republic story lines bore me. It's all too 'goody goody' for me, sorry.

Where do people get the ridiculous idea that you can't be evil while playing Republic? Even as early as on Tython and Ord Mantell do you have the opportunity to behave in a way that would make a sith do a double take.