The Simple Reason Why Scoundrels/Operatives are not OP

AndiusTheGreat

Operatives are still overpowered.

It's like when rogues in WoW first got shadowstep. In every MMORPG's lifespan the stealth classes will have a short lived period where they're unstoppable killing machines.

Enjoy it while it lasts, when you're nerfed down to our level we'll be having the last laugh.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PVP at its highest form is about what you can contribute to a group. The role of a DPS stealther in PVP is to move in and quickly dispatch a target, generally the opponents healer, or perhaps the lone guard of a turret on Alderaan, but a team made up entirely of operatives and scoundrels would stand no chance against a well balanced team.

And you can stop reading right here, because logic goes right out the window.

Stealthers always get the upperhand -- it's called target selection. You get to pick and open whoever you want, and the most advantageous moment. THAT is the advantage you get. Beyond that? You're dps, nothing more, nothing less. You aren't making some trade in defense that any other dps class isn't making, and as a matter of fact you have more outs then any other class anyway, more CC on shorter CDs, and rediculous damage.

You are a dps class -- either you bring solid CC, or you bring damage that can be negated. Being able to CC and kill your target without them fighting back serves zero purpose, and is bad for pvp in general, outside of idiotic masturbatory posts about how you're supposed to be stronger than any other class 1v1.

If I find myself on my face, I pop my CC break. It's really that simple. Don't know why folks are complaining about OPs. They're easy kills because they think they're OP.

-oh no'es, I'm on my face, must be an uber operative on me!

-CC break

-Stun

-DOT

-Solo kill medal for me!

-Rinse, wash, repeat

Don't give them anymore out of stealth damage boosts, or they may actually pose a challenge!

Thork

I am a gunslinger.

I have the same mobility only with less CC, no Stealth, no healing and lower Bursts. Now i have a combo that uses 4 Buttons that can take up to 20-25% of some one HP away if i get good crits and he is under geared. (Shrap Grenade, hemoraging shot, Vital shot and Wounding shot).

NOW you can do that in 4 attacks i would need 15-20 Attacks to do the same amount of Damage from Medium range that you do in 4.

HOW is this fair???

I am supposed to be the Glass Cannon.

Operatives and Scoundrels are supposed to dispatch enemies that quickly; it's their role. They can't beat most classes in a 1v1 'fair' fight so they have to be cheap in some sense. Besides, if someone learns to play their class such as op or soundrel, they deserve to kick butt. Also, if you're getting your butt kicked by an operative or scoundrel, why not stick closer to your team? Edited by WombatSasquatch

op is speaking to the arena babies who came from the game that shall not be mentioned...

most of these complaints about OP classes is taken from the perspective of 1v1 duels. who can kill who faster, with no thought about higher objectives, like say, winning the warzone.

huttball i see it alot, with stealth classes waiting patiently in the endzone for that pass so they can score...

but outside of that, i rarely see any of the stealth capable classes doing a dam thing to help their team win... ambushing someone from stealth to get that killing blow isn't as useful as using the mobility to control the field of play that stealth grants you in order to win matches.

If I find myself on my face, I pop my CC break. It's really that simple. Don't know why folks are complaining about OPs. They're easy kills because they think they're OP.

-CC break

-Stun

-DOT

-Solo kill medal for me!

-Rinse, wash, repeat

Don't give them anymore out of stealth damage boosts, or they may actually pose a challenge!

Thork

sure that works in text but it is a little harder to pull off while in the middle of a fight with someone (or a group) and then out of nowhere faceplant and death.

op is speaking to the arena babies who came from the game that shall not be mentioned...

most of these complaints about OP classes is taken from the perspective of 1v1 duels. who can kill who faster, with no thought about higher objectives, like say, winning the warzone.

huttball i see it alot, with stealth classes waiting patiently in the endzone for that pass so they can score...

but outside of that, i rarely see any of the stealth capable classes doing a dam thing to help their team win... ambushing someone from stealth to get that killing blow isn't as useful as using the mobility to control the field of play that stealth grants you in order to win matches.

Basing a class's usefulness on Huttball is a fail argument. Also, Ops/Smuggs can down a ball carrier in seconds. Even tanks get melted by them because they bypass 50% armor and shields don't proc. If you're having trouble finding ways to "contribute" in Huttball or any other warzones for that matter, I might suggest you L2P.

Also, everytime someone says "its so easy, i just pop my break free" I stop right there. You're going to say that break free is the only way to survive an Ops? A 2 min cd ability is a classes only defense? Because it's not like I might need break free for anything else in the game obviously. I also find it hilarious that most of the people who claim its so easy are Sorcs/sages because they can then shield and heal while dotting. Clueless people are clueless.

-CC break

-Stun

-DOT

-Solo kill medal for me!

-Rinse, wash, repeat

Thork

Wheres my ability that automatically refreshes my CC break when an operative/scoundrel pops out of stealth?? Is that a talent that I missed??

OH, there isnt one....

So, do they only attack every 2 mins???

No? Well now I'm confused.

No, they're OP. Sorry, but they are. When they can drop any class, regardless of spec in the matter of a few GCDs, without that class being able to even hope of fighting back, they need to be tuned down.

what else can they do. nothing. they are no way OP. they have one ability in a world of a 1000. so yes that one ability should be strong. stop crying. They are only OP to those that are 30 plus levels below them. I've survived their onslaught as a level 27 Sage. Sure if my cc breaker isn't available I'm probably dead but that is the way it is suppose to be.

what else can they do. nothing. they are no way OP. they have one ability in a world of a 1000. so yes that one ability should be strong. stop crying. They are only OP to those that are 30 plus levels below them. I've survived their onslaught as a level 27 Sage. Sure if my cc breaker isn't available I'm probably dead but that is the way it is suppose to be.

Thank god you are not in charge of making PvP games.

18k hp Guardian tank.. dropped by 2 operatives before I could even stand back up? Yeah, that's not OP at all. LOL.

Sure they make up a very niche role in a group, that isn't SUPER helpful, but when they can do as much damage as that, to a tank of all people.. thats OP in my book. Not to mention they are the only non-wtfbugged melee class in the game.

Every other melee class operates like "oh im gonna hit you, wait im just gonna reset this animation here and try again, oh wait just gonna reset it again real quick.. x10"

Its all good tho, I know Ops/Scrappers will get nerfed eventually... whether or not its warranted, if theres enough QQ about it.. it'll happen.:eek:

18k hp Guardian tank.. dropped by 2 operatives before I could even stand back up? Yeah, that's not OP at all. LOL.

Sure they make up a very niche role in a group, that isn't SUPER helpful, but when they can do as much damage as that, to a tank of all people.. thats OP in my book. Not to mention they are the only non-wtfbugged melee class in the game.

Every other melee class operates like "oh im gonna hit you, wait im just gonna reset this animation here and try again, oh wait just gonna reset it again real quick.. x10"

Its all good tho, I know Ops/Scrappers will get nerfed eventually... whether or not its warranted, if theres enough QQ about it.. it'll happen.:eek:

First off thats 2 opperatives, they better drop you in the 4 seconds the stun lasts... second off to anyone fighting them, dot them! then its GG and if you claim "I don't have time to react" you are a literal sloth... it takes a minimum of 4gcd more like 5 or 6 for one to kill you, if you cant react in that then pvp is NOT for you... I do play a scoundrel, however i play sawbones (healing) and i can say that while yes they do hurt, its not unbearable... CC Break out of the first cc dot them, stun (they will probably CC break) and then turn around and back pedal them, don't let them see my back, roll hots on myself, begin healing juke cast, heal to full walk away smiling :)

First off thats 2 opperatives, they better drop you in the 4 seconds the stun lasts... second off to anyone fighting them, dot them! then its GG and if you claim "I don't have time to react" you are a literal sloth... it takes a minimum of 4gcd more like 5 or 6 for one to kill you, if you cant react in that then pvp is NOT for you... I do play a scoundrel, however i play sawbones (healing) and i can say that while yes they do hurt, its not unbearable... CC Break out of the first cc dot them, stun (they will probably CC break) and then turn around and back pedal them, don't let them see my back, roll hots on myself, begin healing juke cast, heal to full walk away smiling :)

lol @ someone who advocates backpedaling in ANY situation giving out PvP advice. Just LOL

Ever heard of circlestrafing? THAT's how you keep someone off your back, you never ever backpedal rofl.

Funny, i play a Lethality spec'ed sniper right now for PvP (Internal damage is the only viable sniper path unless you like hitting people in heavy armor for less than 1/4 of the regular damage), and i put a DoT on every other energy-user i see.

Never seems to stop an Op or Smuggler from vanishing at will. They just cleanse it first.

Lying doesn't suit you.

Even when i break the first stun, i essentially start the fight at 30% HP or lower. There's no way to come back from that unless the other person is drooling on their keyboard.

Truth: the game doesn't revolve around 1v1 duels... HOWEVER, there still needs to be a hard counter for every class. You can justify class X losing to class Y 99% of the time if class Z beats class Y 99% of the time and class X beats class B 99% of the time, while class B beats class A 99% of the time. That's the essence of rock, paper, scissors... so you can justify something like Operatives owning people that hard when it's isolated to certain classes they beat out, and other classes act as a hard counter. However, there is no such hard counter in this game... which means their level of burst damage combined with their CC is just plain overpowered. Truthfully, EVEN IF there was a hard counter for Operatives, they would still be OP for being able to kill ANY class in the short amount of time that they are currently capable of, particularly in light of their ability to keep an opponent stun locked while doing it. The class is overpowered and I don't think there's a single logical argument that's been put forth on these forums to truly prove otherwise.

lol. DOT up a stealth class.......... that's also a healer and has cleanse......... LOL! That's your solution to countering Operatives? Get real. Also, any argument anyone has made for how to effectively counter an Operative starts with "use your CC break" and then some other unrealistic garbage they're making up so that their class doesn't get nerfed.

And someone just got corrected... it's not 3-4 global cooldowns you're getting killed in... its 5-6. OMG that makes a huge difference. 5-6 GCDs to kill someone of equal level and gear who is also using defensive CDs, healing, using their CC break... that's too fast. No other class is even close to the burst or the CC of this class right now. It's overpowered. Step 1 is admitting it.

Operatives are OP. With trinket you will not survive their opener. They hit you for 4-6k and stun you, you trinket and then stun you again then hit you for 3k twice, and hey guess what you're down 70% of your life and you're not gonna recover in time 30% of your life vs 100% of theirs your ****ed.

Let's assume your statement that balance around 1v1 is not the point of the game. So let's do 4v4, 4 operatives vs a merc, Sniper, sorc, and marauder.

Each operative jumps one of the other team from stealth, they all die, the 4 operatives clean up the sorc who survived because of bubble, none of the operatives go below 50% health. So balanced, but to be fair, 4 of the same class is just so much more synergistic than 4 different classes, right?

Edited by Paralassa
content

At the end of the day, a lot of the whiners won't give a toss about anything except the numbers. You might as well be saying bla bla mobility this range that roles something else bla.

For some it's a primitive reaction to seeing numbers bigger than theirs, while lying flat on their face trying to get the mouse to click the trinket as their hand trembles in panic. When a sniper frontloads them with the same burst they have no idea where the damage came from. Or when they get tracer spammed they're probably thinking they're being focused by 5 guys outside their default close zoom camera.

And finally, most of them have no idea what buff stacking even is. And all this comes back to the fact that if they weren't lying flat on their face, they probably wouldn't notice the operatives any more than they notice the rest of the dps classes.

(Disclaimer: not all of you complainers are like this, of course, but I needed to get that out of my system ^^)

Someone was talking about killing whoever they choose, which is true. Someone also said that a balanced team vs operative team would have the balanced team win. Operative = each player 1v1's each opponent, essentially turning the ENTIRE match into a bunch of 1v1 situations. If they kill whoever they choose, then their team would win. Nice try though, but not really

Just an FYI dots do not prevent them from re-stealth. I always throw weaken mind on them(talented with the 20%slow) This dot is something like 1k dmg over 15 seconds. They always stealth before that 15 seconds is up. Maybe biochem has some dot cure. I'm not sure. But they re-stealth at will. And that is only when I have a group surrounding me. No need 1 vs 1 for them to need to restealth against anyone unless maybe severly outgeared.