Loading Times A Comparison between Rift and SWToR

Dravinian

I did a comparison of the loading times for Rift and SWToR.

Computer specs i7 Quad Core 940 @ 2.93ghz, 6gig of Ram on a Win7 64 Bit with Dx11 and a GTX 460, with a 10mb connection.

I blew up my 295, I loved that card :(

Both on the same machine, literally one after another.

Started recording at the moment I hit the splash screen ended the moment I entered the game.

I think the video shows a marked difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oxj-6n69uw

Cliffnotes.

Rift Load time 25 secs

SWTOR Load time: 1m 28 secs

Can this not be improved, drastically, because this isn't just the loading from the patcher, this is on every zone. The load times just seem really long all the time.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is pretty consistently the same.

While my PC may "blow" it runs Rift fine which has similar graphics to SWToR and that loads in <30

I am not sure why this game takes so long to load on my machine. Could be the graphics card, it is a bit of a let down after my 295, but I couldn't spend another god knows how much and have it break 1 week after the warranty ran out :p

Tested the game on my dads PC before getting my own.

Load times were done in 20seconds...

Sadly my PC is crap and I go make a cup of tea/stretch/talk during loading screens which normally aren't done by the time I get back. lol

My load times Vary. When loading into some planets I can hit the upwards of 2 minutes. When switching some zones, it may be as low as 20-30 seconds.

I feel like the load-times in this game are unusually long, but thankfully not quite gamebreaking. Actually...

They kind of remind me of Alterac Valley load-times on my much older computer. Except everywhere.

Edited by Drakos

There's definitely something wrong. While the loading times aren't fast they are nowhere near as slow. I just tried making a new character and timing how long it takes on my pc - 26 seconds. My relevant specs are:

win7 64 bit

i7 2600k

8gb ddr3 1666 mhz ram

gf 580

2tb 7200 rpm hd

Here's a comment - your computer blows, my loadtimes aren't anwhere near that bad.

here's another... you're specs aren't posted... so either compare yours to the op with a similar video or shut up and get out.

to the op... i agree and I have a 2600k @ 4.53 with a gtx 580 and 16gb gskill... the load should be able to be improved.

Edited by Eonz

I did a comparison of the loading times for Rift and SWToR.

Computer specs i7 Quad Core 940 @ 2.93ghz, 6gig of Ram on a Win7 64 Bit with Dx11 and a GTX 460, with a 10mb connection.

I blew up my 295, I loved that card :(

Both on the same machine, literally one after another.

Started recording at the moment I hit the splash screen ended the moment I entered the game.

I think the video shows a marked difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oxj-6n69uw

Cliffnotes.

Rift Load time 25 secs

SWTOR Load time: 1m 28 secs

Can this not be improved, drastically, because this isn't just the loading from the patcher, this is on every zone. The load times just seem really long all the time.

I'd rather have 1 minutes load time and load a gorgeous world like SWTOR's than wait only 25 seconds and load a bland and uninspired one like RIFT's.

Someone's mad because his whole guild left for SWTOR.

Your Quad Core won't do you any good since TOR is only capable of using one core anyway.

Sad but true.

Untrue. Run the game, then go to your Performance tab on the task manager. You'll see spikes on all of your cores.

Also, it requires 2 cores to run.

http://buy.swtor.com/us/#system-requirements

It uses all 4 of mine, anyway. I can't say for certain it will use 6 or 8, if you have that many.

Edited by Felioats

My load times Vary. When loading into some planets I can hit the upwards of 2 minutes. When switching some zones, it may be as low as 20-30 seconds.

I feel like the load-times in this game are unusually long, but thankfully not quite gamebreaking. Actually...

They kind of remind me of Alterac Valley load-times on my much older computer. Except everywhere.

You say that, but not everyone thinks that it is "OK" to ram their head into the loading screen every time they go to a new planet, i find it very annoying, and i have a good computer that can handle it (or shoud, but since their coding seems slopy its the game itself)

Edited by Miothan