Profession Nerfs incoming. *** BioWare?

Cristen

There are a few professions that have BoP items including Biochem. It seems more then just myself have maxed it, gotten the BoP items, then dropped it for others. Now a nerf bat is incoming to hit anyone upside the head that did that. I wouldn't be irritated if this same nerf was coming for every profession with BoP items aka Synthweaving, Armormech, etc. Armor crafting professions also have pretty great perks where you can craft the Rakata level bracers and belt but no nerf to that? Anyone can max THOSE out and drop them but not lose use of the items. Be somewhat fair if you're going to stick it up my backside, give me some lube and do it to everyone.

This "nerf" only hurts people who have been using things they shouldn't.

Cybertech's won't even be effected by this "nerf" at all, they could never have Biochem items, due to the fact you cannot have cybertech and biochem at the same time anyway. And they will level Cybertech to 400 anyway.

Real Biochems lose access to cybertech grenades, that is all. They will be be leveling to 400 anyway so will still have all their reuse-consumables.

Other crafters, lose access to cybertech grenades, that is all. They could never have biochem items anyway for the same reason cybertechs could not.

Fake Biochems (people with level 1 Biochem) and non-crafters, these are the aim of the nerf, they lose access to reuse-consumables and cybertech grenades. Which is 100% fair. If they want one of these they need to go level up crafting, just like the real crafters and earn these benefits.

Edited by AngelousWang

a lot of these "nerfs" are happening because you could grind up to 400 biochem. Get the re-usable medpack...then drop biochecm for another crafting profession. I know a lot of people that did exactly this and was still able to use the medpacks

When people abuse something they fix things.

There are a few professions that have BoP items including Biochem. It seems more then just myself have maxed it, gotten the BoP items, then dropped it for others. Now a nerf bat is incoming to hit anyone upside the head that did that. I wouldn't be irritated if this same nerf was coming for every profession with BoP items aka Synthweaving, Armormech, etc. Armor crafting professions also have pretty great perks where you can craft the Rakata level bracers and belt but no nerf to that? Anyone can max THOSE out and drop them but not lose use of the items. Be somewhat fair if you're going to stick it up my backside, give me some lube and do it to everyone.

Biochem stuff can be used in PvE and PvP, the other crafting percs are only useful in pve since they don't have expertise ratings on them... Also I believe the higher level PvE Operation gear makes the percs for the other crafting professions irrelevant... so the only one that stays relevant is Biochem...

So now everyone will just switch to biochem and stay there.

Decent medpack - but even better stim/adrenal.

Unless there is some other crewskill that has benefits that are unseen to me.

WOW, really? you get schematics that drop in operations that are better than commendation gear; and as the game adds more content, crafters will get more and better schematics, that will be even better than any commendations gear, and guess what ? you get to choose your gear instead of shlubs who have to pray for a good drop.

All the while stims remain the same and get weaker each new operation/Heroic that gets added.

Edited by Lazzerswords

Biochem stuff can be used in PvE and PvP, the other crafting percs are only useful in pve since they don't have expertise ratings on them... Also I believe the higher level PvE Operation gear makes the percs for the other crafting professions irrelevant... so the only one that stays relevant is Biochem...

I thought I had read that the armor mod in purples would be made removable in an upcoming patch.

Edited by pyradius

WOW, really? you get schematics that drop in operations that are better than commendation gear; and as the game adds more content, crafters will get more and better schematics, that will be even better than any commendations gear, and guess what ? you get to choose your gear instead of shlubs who have to pray for a good drop.

All the while stims remain the same and get weaker each new operation/Heroic that gets added.

So they are never going to add any more stims or med packs? LOL.

a lot of these "nerfs" are happening because you could grind up to 400 biochem. Get the re-usable medpack...then drop biochecm for another crafting profession. I know a lot of people that did exactly this and was still able to use the medpacks

When people abuse something they fix things.

Honestly, I think it's fair.

Or, let's put it this way. I went to college. Got my Master's in Accounting (Taxation). Was a CPA with my own firm for 20-years. Got tired of it and moved on.

Now I'm a business owner in something completely unreleated. Am I now prohibited from preparing my Company's 1120S? My 941s? My W-2s? My Sales and Use tax returns?

Of course not. The skills I developed in graduate school and twenty-years of practice didn't magically go away.

And, as such, I think anyone who spent all that time grinding biochem to 400, got the reusable med pack, then changed professions deserves to keep the reward for their diligence and forethought. Instead of getting shafted for no good reason.

Or, let's put it this way. I went to college. Got my Master's in Accounting (Taxation). Was a CPA with my own firm for 20-years. Got tired of it and moved on.

Now I'm a business owner in something completely unreleated. Am I now prohibited from preparing my Company's 1120S? My 941s? My W-2s? My Sales and Use tax returns?

Of course not. The skills I developed in graduate school and twenty-years of practice didn't magically go away.

And, as such, I think anyone who spent all that time grinding biochem to 400, got the reusable med pack, then changed professions deserves to keep the reward for their diligence and forethought. Instead of getting shafted for no good reason.

Totally irrelevant. Real life and a game can't be compared in this way. Doing what you do in life doesn't make life unbalanced.

In game, these biochem re-usables is making the game unbalanced. End of.

Apparently you've never raided. The schematic drops you get during raids are for gear that is WORSE than what you already have to be wearing to kill the boss who drops the schematic.

The issue is that Biochem / Cybertech are now the ONLY professions where the main draw of getting to 400 (IE: Those Stims/Adrenals/Medpac) have been restricted to force you to KEEP those professions.

Artifice, Armortech, etc - Your main draw is being able to craft your own Rakata gear and crit on it, to allow you to place Augments in your gear that makes it superior to all other gear and creates the BiS for that slot.

------ The issue with this is that, once you have goten the level 400 BiS, you can now safely drop these skills and pick up something else with absolutely no concequence to your newly-made gear.

In comparison, if you picked up Biochem and did exactly the same thing, your now having your level 400 items revoked. If anything, this isn't a beef against the biochem nerf - They need to nerf every other profession as well

The real issue is that BW made crafting way to easy to level to 400. Why BW made a crafting system that could be maxed out in days in a mmo that they would want people to play for years I don't know.

Now with BW swinging the nerfbat at everything, I have a bad feeling about this...

I don't like nerfs either and dropped slicing today after sending 5 companions out and all returned with either green mods or white lockboxes. That was the final straw for me and I took up scavenging. Now my scavenging is almost 300 because I'm farming robots and sending my companions out to missions.

This, right here.

Professions are supposed to be a lasting, meaningful choice. As such, not being able to use high-end crafted items without that profession makes sense. I haven't seen the Rakata gear yet (still leveling Synthweaving myself), but if it doesn't, they should add a "Requires Synthweaving 400" to be able to equip it and keep it equiped. That will keep people from gaming it like Biochem.