Convince me that Mara is worth playing in PVP when I could go Ops or Sorc

Crylor

Most people play a class that is highly competative in dmg output/survivability in group and 1v1.

Ops/Assassin and Sorc seem to be the most in both the above mentioned areas. I don't want to be a part of the herd, are there any redeeming qualitys to marauders?

Marauders are arguably overpowered at 50 in PvP with gear, especially as Anni spec. You get the highest sustained dps in the game, along with decent passive durability (DoT heals) and great defensive cooldowns (force camo and guarded by the force).

Downside? Takes anything above a 90 IQ to play.

Most people play a class that is highly competative in dmg output/survivability in group and 1v1.

Ops/Assassin and Sorc seem to be the most in both the above mentioned areas. I don't want to be a part of the herd, are there any redeeming qualitys to marauders?

Get pocket healer... win -- 500k Damage club.

EDIT: and what you smoking? Where did you get that ops do competertive damage... and have good surv? xD

Edited by HeyImTempzz

your statement are wrong , I say try play mara at lvl 50 first and then see what classes are the hardest o beat .. and u will notice that there are almost nothing that u can't beat...

So far I'm hearing "get fully geared at 50" before you are competative, you require a "pocket healer" for any survivability, "requires an IQ over 90" meaning there is no burst dmg but that it's all back loaded.

Anything else I'm missing because this seems rather weak.

So far I'm hearing "get fully geared at 50" before you are competative, you require a "pocket healer" for any survivability, "requires an IQ over 90" meaning there is no burst dmg but that it's all back loaded.

It isn't weak, it rewards teamwork.

Marauders are a throwback to DAoC Style Berzerker melee DPS. They aren't build for 1v1 like most "melee DPS" classes, they are built for groups. Give them a group and they will own everyone and their brother. Try and run around solo and you will chain fail.

To be fair its you who is actually weak. The PvP in this game is a pretty disaster, so I don't think any class is worth the reroll for pvp. While OPs atm are killing people in an opener it doesn't mean you marauder is a 24/7 victim that can't deal a bit of dmg.

Overall its not worth to reroll a class for the pvp in this game, specially if all dislike about your current one seems to be the fact that they are not the ones that faceroll anything in their way.

Just a L2P issue i think.. Go re-roll and be another Wanabe PvP player rocking FOTM classes, because there struggling.

/thread end

you mean top dps, 20% heal debuff, massive mobility, slip-away-stealth-escape, and 99% damage reduction isn't enough for you?

Top DPS and massive mobility are quite an overstatement.

They do good dps, true, but all things being equal, a mara will never beat a sorc or a merc.

It isn't weak, it rewards teamwork.

Marauders are a throwback to DAoC Style Berzerker melee DPS. They aren't build for 1v1 like most "melee DPS" classes, they are built for groups. Give them a group and they will own everyone and their brother. Try and run around solo and you will chain fail.

/sniff

I miss my Berserker, in all his superhamsterness

(My marauder has the same name as my berserker, of course...I just imagine I'm using lightsaber ..er..axes)

Edited by Kheldor

To be fair its you who is actually weak. The PvP in this game is a pretty disaster, so I don't think any class is worth the reroll for pvp. While OPs atm are killing people in an opener it doesn't mean you marauder is a 24/7 victim that can't deal a bit of dmg.

Overall its not worth to reroll a class for the pvp in this game, specially if all dislike about your current one seems to be the fact that they are not the ones that faceroll anything in their way.

I hear what you are saying, and lots of truth about envy; but there is a reason for some of that envy when a class is told that it gets little cc or survivability or burst because it is already set to be a face stomp class, then you may spend time leveling and investing in that marauder to only come to the stark realization that the main reasons you were prenerfed had no foundation them at all.

Maras don't really place toward the top of dmg in WZ without being 50 and ultra geared but other classes do and are thusly out rewarded in medals. Maras need to be on someone for a while in order to be effective but in today's WZ you are constantly CC and FFed before you have time to really be of much benefit. Yeah you can cloak but so can several other classes and atleast they had time to get a couple of kills before they had to stealth AND they can also heal themselves in a pinch.

If they are going to severly limit what a Mara can do atleast make it worth it to have this limits because right now it's not seemingly worth the time or effort.

as a sentinel i almost feel overpowered, wearing champ gear of course. when i first hit 50 i was raging and feeling very underpowered, but once i practiced and learned the play style i love the class and wouldnt want to play anything else. It is very hard to play though compared to other classes, if you can learn 12+ keybinds close to your hand you will have a tough time or just wont be making the most of the class.

All that video did was confirm that you need to be 50 and totally geared before you can expect to be competative, we already covered that point and it's frankly a weak one.

So your playing against people who are champions plus and expect to survive.. good point bro.. are you even level 50?

nearly EVERYONE on my server now whos getting into the game is full champions or champions / battlemaster... if your out geared how do you expect to have the things your asking for.

I hear what you are saying, and lots of truth about envy; but there is a reason for some of that envy when a class is told that it gets little cc or survivability or burst because it is already set to be a face stomp class, then you may spend time leveling and investing in that marauder to only come to the stark realization that the main reasons you were prenerfed had no foundation them at all.

Maras don't really place toward the top of dmg in WZ without being 50 and ultra geared but other classes do and are thusly out rewarded in medals. Maras need to be on someone for a while in order to be effective but in today's WZ you are constantly CC and FFed before you have time to really be of much benefit. Yeah you can cloak but so can several other classes and atleast they had time to get a couple of kills before they had to stealth AND they can also heal themselves in a pinch.

If they are going to severly limit what a Mara can do atleast make it worth it to have this limits because right now it's not seemingly worth the time or effort.

Sorry but I read this and it feels like a pathetic excuse. You are speculating what might be in a future, nobody can predict. Its not like we live in a time in which MMO games really force you to stick to a character because a reroll is just plainly painful. (In time and effort). A new class is easily lvled up to 50 and the days when you really had a "main" are pretty much over.

Your concerns about not being top dps are pretty silly and shows that you probably have the wrong expectations in a game like this. Constantly being CCed in a WZ is a exaggeration. You are CCed yes and often yes, but its not that you can't do anything. I play a healer and I get maximum up to 8 medals in a WZ (and that only if we have a smooth run and I don't need to chainheal people all the time). Usually I have about 5-6 medals.

I am telling you this because I still don't care if I may have rolled one of those classes that has to make sacrifices. I still enjoy it and wouldn't trade it for any Operative any day, even though I get killed in the opener by them.

Its your choice, though I doubt you will be happy with your new OP either. As said, your priorities are probably wrong

So your playing against people who are champions plus and expect to survive.. good point bro.. are you even level 50?

nearly EVERYONE on my server now whos getting into the game is full champions or champions / battlemaster... if your out geared how do you expect to have the things your asking for.

The question at hand is why play a Mara when the only time you will enjoy it in PVP is in a group setting at lvl 50 fully geared with a pocket healer when other classes requie none of that at 50 or even below 50 to do well.