Qlimitus

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible client?

More like they added sharding because of all the horrible computers and computer newbies who can't get a simple game to run.

"If there's anything wrong with TOR, it's your own fault."

Sorry man, but you need to play some other games and TOR's flaws will become starkly apparent to you. Stand in a city in Rift and spin around in a circle and you'll see 100 people in town and your FPS will never drop below 80.

Go to Fleet when there's 100 people in the zone and try that.

OP, the problem here is you. People won't flock to you to be social with you, it's a two way street. Your previous mmo experience hasn't given you credibility, it's desensitised you to new mmos.

Sorry man, but you need to play some other games and TOR's flaws will become starkly apparent to you. Stand in a city in Rift and spin around in a circle and you'll see 100 people in town and your FPS will never drop below 80.

I have and my FPS still never drops below 70+

stop playing on a toaster plugged into a 14.4kb/s modem

Ive played many MMO's from EQ to TOR all the way through the ranks and have never met a more antisocial crowd ( Don't care if you don't want to hear that ) <-- see what i did there?

Ive seen numerous people in game asking for help ( which i do help a lot ) but nobody else even responds let alone helps.Its sad that a game that could have a great sociable factor,is so behind in being actually social.I can't say this on every server but its especially the case on the server i play on.Give the little low levels a hand and stop being so selfish.You were a low level once too you know ( a noob to those who like to use that word ) And peeps,don't take the word noob literally,everyone calls everyone it at some point in the game and although it has no dictionary entry,it should be taken as such ( a none existent word,and doesn't mean squat )

just my little entry

have a nice day =]

the point of an MMO is to get lost in the game mentally but 1-up the next guy. anyone who takes MMORPGs seriously has more fun seeing people wallow around helplessly beneath them.

Edited by Sulmithagreyse

sorry, but i have to point this out. Newbie is the term for people new to this genre or particular game. Noob which was a deriritive of newb is now the universal word used to insult people for making a mistake that others take for granted or as just a lame game insult altogether.

Did it with 200. 87 fps. [strokes my beautiful PC]

Edited by TheUnNamedHero

>social game

>everything is instanced

haha +1

But seriously, this game has a practically nonexistent community. I am still good friends with many of my WoW friends since I started playing with them about 6 years ago. I met them all through communicating on the server forums (TOR has none) or PvPing on the same team (TOR doesn't have this since PvP rank isn't competitive and group sizes are capped at 4).

Edited by Paganini

Ive played many MMO's from EQ to TOR all the way through the ranks and have never met a more antisocial crowd ( Don't care if you don't want to hear that ) <-- see what i did there?

Ive seen numerous people in game asking for help ( which i do help a lot ) but nobody else even responds let alone helps.Its sad that a game that could have a great sociable factor,is so behind in being actually social.I can't say this on every server but its especially the case on the server i play on.Give the little low levels a hand and stop being so selfish.You were a low level once too you know ( a noob to those who like to use that word ) And peeps,don't take the word noob literally,everyone calls everyone it at some point in the game and although it has no dictionary entry,it should be taken as such ( a none existent word,and doesn't mean squat )

just my little entry

have a nice day =]

Just want to say that I wouldn't play with a whiny know-it-all like you if you paid me. I hate people who say things like, "see what I did there." You are running advertisement for checking the Auto-Decline Group Invite button.

Just my little entry.

I have and my FPS still never drops below 70+

stop playing on a toaster plugged into a 14.4kb/s modem

Pretty sure my toaster would eat your uber machine for breakfast. And that's all beside the point anyway since TOR's graphics quality is such that, in reality, you should be able to run the game on a wristwatch with no problems.

Pretty sure my toaster would eat your uber machine for breakfast. And that's all beside the point anyway since TOR's graphics quality is such that, in reality, you should be able to run the game on a wristwatch with no problems.

and yet you still can't run it well apparently and we can... interesting.

Edited by Liquidacid

just my little entry

have a nice day =]

Unfortunately, this anti-socialness occurs in every game.

I've played them all practically and I've seen and I've experienced this myself. I'm on a RP server since it seems more adults RP then younger folks and there's alot less arguments and commotions for the most part and although I've only been there 4 days, I've seen players being put down for asking for help.

But it's nothing new since this is the way of life in all MMO's.

and yet you still can't run it well apparently and we can... interesting.

Except your claims aren't backed by anything, at least BioWare have confirmed performance issues.

I am able to play this game at ~60fps but it is so apparent there are optimisation problems, I drop to around 20-25fps when in crowded (20+ people on screen) areas.

But it's my computer right? Even though not a single component is greater than a year old it is my computer?

Grow up and face the truth, people have issues with the game, sorry it isn't the canvas of perfection that you'd like people to believe.

Edited by HeroXx

Except your claims aren't backed by anything, at least BioWare have confirmed performance issues.

I am able to play this game at ~60fps but it is so apparent there are optimisation problems, I drop to around 20-25fps when in crowded (20+ people on screen) areas.

But it's my computer right? Even though not a single component is greater than a year old it is my computer?

Grow up and face the truth, people have issues with the game, sorry it isn't the canvas of perfection that you'd like people to believe.

oh no it couldn't just be you having crappy PC parts...

a tiny percent of the people who post on the forum complain of FPS problems.. and people who post on the forums only make up for a tiny tiny percent of those who play the game... so you are the minority in a minority... user error/fault makes much more sense when only a tiny percent have a problem

sucks it runs like crap for you but it runs fine for the majority

Edited by Liquidacid

Yes, that's what I do, playing the game how it is meant to be played - ignoring all social interactions up to lvl 50.

This would be one of the saddest posts in MMOland I've ever read, except that I'm giving the poster the benefit of the doubt that he was being sarcastic towards the solocentric 1-50 game TOR is. Unfortunately he is right, it's pretty obvious the devs meant this game to be 99% solo. You may find a quickie group for the 2/4 heroics on each planet, but these groups tend to be very quick with very little social interaction, if anything social interaction is seen as a hindrance to how quickly the group can get through the heroic quest. When it's done everyone quits group with no words said, truly sad.

The instanced shards don't help in the least. Ok I'm on a heavily populated server, but my planet instance has 9 freakin people on it?!?! Maybe I'll see 20 or so at peak hours. I've got a quest book full of heroic quests I just never had the heart to spam /lfg for hours.

The flashpoints are a nice group alternative and the only counter point to the soloing game, but I find they are kind of rushed through as well, and you have the onerous task of screaming /lfg until you can find a group to go in.

There has definitely been a slow but sure changing of player attitudes towards grouping and socializing in MMO's in general, not just TOR. Players just look at things like socializing as a hindrance to how fast they get their xp and lewt.

So? Is that really such a crime?

Maybe people just prefer actually communicating with other human beings rather than the purely solo act of reading their Codex.

Never said it was a crime, but I choose to help people who help themselves.

The old "teach a man to fish" analogy comes to mind.