Waiting NINE minutes to respawn is RIDCULOUS

sadatoni

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I can understand not wanting to fight your way back to that point. I've had to make that decision a couple times.

On the bright side, your timers on some of your big buffs should wind down during that period.

Just be sure to check your gear repair status. Once you die that many times, things start to break.

9 minutes? you must have died like 8 times......something should have told you that you weren't ready for that particular fight besides the death timer....

Eh, I've gotten to the ten-minute point on some particularly tough points on Tatooine on my Sorcerer. I was perfectly 'ready' for it, it's just that the area was very hard and tightly-packed with mobs, so I was often taking 2-3 groups of mobs at once (leading to very many deaths by me and my dear Dashade.).

Being the stubborn person I am, I did in fact wait ten minutes to get a medical probe.

Edit: Also, like someone else said, medical probe is a luxury. Use it too often and your gear breaks, too. :/

It's not your only way to respawn though, and the med center is never very far from your objective anyway, so it's not *that* big of a deal.

Edited by Flyceratops

This has to be a troll post surely, but anyway what Aurinax said pretty much sums it up. Be thankfull you havent got to corpse run and suffer res sickness.

True. If I hit the 10 minute rez mark I start thinking I'm either in over my head or I'm doing something wrong in the mission. I'm impatient, but even I don't think "THIS IS TOO LONG! RAAAAR!".

I'd love to see the OPs repair bill.

I agree OP, many people do. The trolls will try to derail with the die less comments, but nothing you can do about forum trolls. The 10 minute time out (anything over a minute) is just overkill considering the ridiculous repair cposts in the game.

It's a slap in the face, and is one of the bigger reasons I likely won't subscribe. Why would I give a company money to watch a timer before I can play? Thanks for the repair costs, the lost time, and the "time out". Seems Bioware feels a nice "finger twist in the bullet wound" after you die is necessary.

This has to be a troll post surely, but anyway what Aurinax said pretty much sums it up. Be thankfull you havent got to corpse run and suffer res sickness.

This plus (if this was truly old-school MMO) having to do the corpse run naked and retrieve your gear.... Talk about incentive to stay alive

Dying should be enough of a hassle to ensure you never want it to happen.

Do you know what makes combat exciting in your average sandbox PvP game? The fact that when you die, you can lose everything on you.

This simple fact makes combat more enjoyable and more action, because the game can actually create a sense of fear in you.

That "omg I'm going to lose my best weapon" feeling. That pit in your stomach.

Now, obviously SWTOR doesn't have full loot, so we can't get that kind of excitement out of it, but a harsh death penalty can help bring that actual emotional aspect into the game.

I agree OP, many people do. The trolls will try to derail with the die less comments, but nothing you can do about forum trolls. The 10 minute time out (anything over a minute) is just overkill considering the ridiculous repair cposts in the game.

It's a slap in the face, and is one of the bigger reasons I likely won't subscribe. Why would I give a company money to watch a timer before I can play? Thanks for the repair costs, the lost time, and the "time out". Seems Bioware feels a nice "finger twist in the bullet wound" after you die is necessary.

what? are you serious? repair costs below level 40 or so are so cheap it's not even worth worrying about repairing most of the time. i've only played a few mmos, but none of them allowed me to rez shortly after death right in place, you don't have to run back to your corpse in this game.....how much easier can it get?

if you're having issues with dieing in an area, and you are the appropriate level, then it's how you're going about fighting in that area. maybe you're using knockbacks when you shouldn't because of mob group placement, maybe you're using aoe's with too large an area effect range......stop trying to make everything easy mode because you're too lazy to use your freakin brain.:rolleyes:

It should never be longer than 1 minute

Disagree. Unlike some who will randomly bash you , I will give you reasoning.

1) The only death penalty in the game is repair costs at time. At lower levels, repair costs are minimal. At higher levels, they are punishing. If you are dying multiple times, you don't need to be in the area, and eventually by upping the limit they force you out and make you rethink what you are doing.

2) This isn't a Bioware fanboy thing -- I , personally, think the first death should be the only one you are allowed to respawn in place for. Wiping is either due to incompetant pulling, being in an area to high for you, or screwing up and making a silly mistake. The last of these should be rare.

3) Did you know if you wait out the 10 minutes, it goes to 30?

so it's more than three deaths? i honestly don't know, i've never died more than twice on any particular time. :confused:

most I have died was 5 times on a boss that was 4 lvls higher than me... my medprobe timer was somewhere around 5 minutes so I said fk it and went to the medcenter and came back when I was a higher lvl

Edited by Liquidacid