Best launch in MMO history, everyone by 15th!

Yowfatto

lol oooh teacher i am happy with the test because i know the answers :)

Maybe you are happy...but i am twidling my thumbs wondering if i will ever play with my friends and family.

I am in a guild with my 3 cousins and by the time i enter the game they will be level 15 and i will never catch up until we are maxed.

Plus who knows if we will even get on the same server

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, you would have been in queues for hours then have to deal with the not being able to kill mobs, your stuff being ganked constantly, massive lag, I think everyone will be more than amazingly pleased once they log in by tomorrow.

If you don't see get to kill mobs then you why don't you go do a little staggered launch of your own, so you can skip the launch rush.

Getting ganked? Time for you to practice perhaps.

Lag? I rather play with lag and actually have a chance at getting my prefered nick and actually being able to play with friends. Instead I have to wait some more hours/days while they leave me in the dust leveling wise.

The early access seems to be going pretty close to what any sane person on the forums predicted.

It's only the malcontents who were too stupid to read that are whining.

I've seen whiners who complained about not knowing about the game. Living in a cave with Osama bin Laden I suppose.

I've seen whiners who complained that Origin wasn't letting them order on day 1. Too stupid to try one of the other 15 or so retailers I guess.

I think things went great. I wish they would let people in a little faster. The servers seemed a little bare yesterday. The world felt too empty when playing.

expect it to stay that way with the Staggered launch you will be leaving the casuals behind and never seeing the competitive players that have already left due to this.

I'm getting a feeling that most of us will get in tommorow. Today they got from Aug-Oct, so why not all the way to Nov tommorow?

We won't really know until wave 4 goes through and people report their EA code entry date.

As it stands right now in wave 3, the latest is September 10th.

Predictions are that wave 4 will be from September 11th to September 17th.

Hopefully they will toss in another "bonus" wave today to stretch it to the end of September.

October and November had huge pre-order sales. It would be amazing if they got both those months in tomorrow. Leaving December for Friday.

If they can pull this off, they will have regained my trust in them. Lets just hope they can keep throwing in some "bonus" waves from here on out.

I don't believe many folks share the same concerns. The majority simply want to enjoy the story and the game and all it has to offer. I can assure you that in the PR arena this game will go down as the most successful MMO launch in history, this game is going to do a lot of great things.

This game is doing great things, but only for the casual community.

To me, making a game that the casual gamer will enjoy is fine, but the hardcore and dedicated MMO community is feeling very slighty by this game.

We wanted this game to be a WoW killer, something that will truely push MMO gaming to a new level, and force other huge game developers to take heed and up the ante to keep up.

Instead, with this type of launch and a whole variety of different things about this game, they are stripping the competitive nature of online gaming away. They are totally ostracizing and betraying a large part of the MMO community, the hardcore players.

I hope for the best with this game, but given the road they are taking so far, I would estimate the swtor community will be severely crippled in a mere 2-3 months.

Edited by Holyfusion

i would have understood, letting all CE earlier. but the way they have done this, is the most unfair and absurd system ever.

i would have understood if they did some random invites based on luck, but not this.

the worse outcomes with this system is, that at least every waves that gets in, gets to start all together in a new server. they will be starting out with a huge disadvantage in comparason with other players , who's only merit was to have preodered the game before they did.

this will have some serious consequences for the server economy. every server will be controlled by small elite guilds. this is gonna be even worse in pvp servers.

selecting a pvp server now it is pointless, at least you want to become the new and fresh punchinbag.

by the time everyone gets to play, every server will be packed full, every decent name taken, every bored level 50 will be rerolling, making new characters. therefore the starting zones would remain crowded.

if you can see, this staggering system, has way more negative things than good.

Just saw a report of someone from 9/27 getting their email.

That is extremely good news, especially with one more phase left to go today (hopefully a bonus wave will be thrown in for good measure!).

Getting through September is a pretty big deal. Why? Because that leaves all of October and November for tomorrow. October and November were HUGE pre-order months. So I'm thinking that December orders will be left for Friday.

Here's to hoping! ;)

Instead, with this type of launch and a whole variety of different things about this game, they are stripping the competitive nature of online gaming away. They are totally ostracizing and betraying a large part of the MMO community, the hardcore players.

The hardcore players are the one who pre-ordered and put their code in the first day they were able to. They are the ones who are currently in the game. If you and others like you had the slightest belief of belonging to that group you wouldn't be here complaining right now.

Their system is great. No one will have to wait absurd queue times when trying to enter a server. Fighting for mobs won't be such a hassle in contrast to everyone joining in at once.

Edited by Noveos

I am in a guild with my 3 cousins and by the time i enter the game they will be level 15 and i will never catch up until we are maxed.

Why join a guild if you know before you even have started playing that your fellow guildies will not help you? In my world being in a guild is all about playing together and helping each other.

Looks like things are going great, as big as the invites are today, I have a very good feeling everyone will be in by tomorrow and get a full 5 days of access, much better than starting on the 15th as originally planned eh? Great job BW, best launch in MMO history!

I don't know. 900K+ has pre-ordered the game. How many has come into the game as of now?

Great launch so far. A+

Piss poor Customer Relations. D-

Not telling anyone when they will get in until they are in is a bad way to run things. They should have at least put out a time line so people didn't keep going to the launcher and email boxes hoping they would find out they were in.

Keeping people in the dark was a bone dead stupid move. It only make people afraid they wont get in. We all know fear leads to anger and that anger leads to hate and hate leads ot subscription loss.

Great launch so far. A+

Piss poor Customer Relations. D-

Not telling anyone when they will get in until they are in is a bad way to run things. They should have at least put out a time line so people didn't keep going to the launcher and email boxes hoping they would find out they were in.

I am not thrilled with the way it is going, but I also can understand their concern: if they give people a date, they have to deliver and if something goes wrong, EVERYONE will be screaming bloody murder. They are basically hoping for patience (which is not in abundance right now) and trying their best. It is annoying, but I think understandable.

The hardcore players are the one who pre-ordered and put their code in the first day they were able to. They are the ones who are currently in the game. If you and others like you had the slightest belief of belonging to that group you wouldn't be here complaining right now.

Actually you're wrong. The people, who preordered early are probably SW fans. Why would a hardcore gamer preorder a MMO he knows _nothing_ about? Even if there's any real "competition" in the game? :)

At the time preorders became available I was thinking about preordering, but there was a lot of rumours circulating around, that this game is going to be a fail of the century, so I waited till october, when I got my beta invite. I preordered immediately after playing for a day or so ;).

Best regards,

Kalantris

Worst launch ever in mmo history. Every other mmo ALL people would be in,

And servers would be crashing, instances would be bugged and overloaded and the lag would be unbearable.... kinda like every mmo launch. At least this one is staggered so it shouldnt happen.

People really need to stop the nerdrage tears, you'll be in soon enough.... go to work or something.