Post something you like about SWTOR

Johndoz

The negativity on this forum has began to get with me, what with people not knowing how to not like things without forcing there opinion on everyone else. So, my question to you is: What is one great feature you love so far about SWTOR

Mine, personally, are the story driven instances. I feel much more motivated to do an instance when I know what im killing and why im killing it/not killing it.

Star wars

Light sabers

Playable as Sith from lvl 1

Story lines

No flying mounts (yeah, I consider this a positive)

That's all I got at the moment but it could change in the future.

*edit to add that I like the sprint ability as well but would prefer it if it was passive.

Edited by Skaara

hmmm...hmmm....wait...wait... there's gotta be something....wait...

well... space combat is a nice distraction from the grind...pretty bad eh? the rail shooter is the only thing that comes to my mind that i can say i "like" about this game....

oh wait! i also enjoy both voidstar and alderaan scenarios - they're pretty good...but it is all spoiled by forcing me to play hutball.

Edited by CptKloss

I've been thinking about this for a week now, and the more I noticed, the more complicated the response to this appeal seemed to become. Naturally, something will be left out.

1. What's amazed me are the NPC's facial expressions (including subtle eye movements) and gestures. Include in this the occassional sarcastic remarks, and jokes.

2. The combat animation. Remarkably well done.

3. The various storylines. I'm running eight toons, so I'm following most of them. Very well written and thought out. Very engaging.

4. The immersion. I'm in the world, and it's fabulous. I get so absorbed in it, even my dog is feeling a bit left out.

5. Datacrons are beginning to be one of my favorite objects. A game within a game. Unique, and well-executed by the devs. Five stars for this.

6. The layers of movements you have to make to transverse from world to world. I like this because, though it only takes minutes, it does lend a sense of dimension. The neighboring world isn't just a walk up the lane. It does take some doing to get there.

7. Flashpoints are challenging, rewarding and engaging. Five stars for this, too. And, no, I don't need a dungeon finder. People wanting dungeon finders should try one of the half dozen games out there that use them. I like to travel to get there. There...it isn't a constant "here."

8. Geography, geology and landscape. I love it. Nar Shaddaa is stunning. Whoever designed that visually is my hero. Unbelievable. That's what I show my friends when they want to take a look at the game. It's truly a jawdropper.

9. The companion affection system. It's especially challenging when your companion doesn't agree with you. You can't please everybody, so just please yourself? We'll see how that works out. This innovation was very creative, and energizing to see.

10. Modifiable armor and weapons. Lots of games have tried. Lots of games have failed. This one promises to be a winner.

I'll leave the list at ten. Not to say, there aren't more. tl;dr is epidemic in our culture these days. Also, it's wise to take into consideration the devs will be refining all of these features and more as the months turn to years....did I mention crafting??? Don't get me started.

I like the immersion of the story. For me it works and it draws me into the game and I want to proceed to what happens next, sometimes against my better judgement of level lol.

I also like casualness of the game. I can basically do everything by myself without much help. If I decide that I want to help anyone else out with quests and stuff, I can always give a shout or flag up. It hasn't been really necessary considering there's usually always someone lfg or something.

I like that they tried to mask "grinding" up as much as possible. It's still present, but to me it's not so much as a chore as other games. It's an addition to what I'm already doing at that stage so killing a few more droids or mobs doesn't really matter to me. Infact sometimes I tend to look forward to it because it allows me to test out certain things like gear, rotation of skills, new tactics, etc.

I like the space ship mini-game. It gives me breaks from focusing on the just doing MMO stuff.

There's a couple more, but I can't think of them right now. For me I like the game and will continue to play it when I can. Rating from me so far 7/10 and looking forward to updates and patches in the future. :D

8. Geography, geology and landscape. I love it. Nar Shaddaa is stunning. Whoever designed that visually is my hero. Unbelievable. That's what I show my friends when they want to take a look at the game. It's truly a jawdropper.

I actually wasn't thrilled with Nar Shaddaa. I felt like I had tunnel vision. I know a lot of Republic players hate Taris, but I actually find it very nice looking. Maybe when I'm done there I'll head back to NS and keep an open mind.

its useless at level 50. umm something I like, the class stories were well done

Need to keep up with DEV they are changing that....

Which brings me to another thing i like, the change they are making so you can use the orange armor at 50.

Edited by TheHeadCapper

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.