1.1 PVP outrage, Bioware Rewarding AFKers with Huge PVP edge

Borkoo

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read it I hoped you were correct about it being a single token that cna be traded. Then the more you read it and you think about what has already happened you get this sick feeling you will need 39 tokens for a piece or something. We are all praying your version is right.

If only there were a way to find out how upcoming changes were implemented...

Ah there is and it proves this entire thread was a waste. The op should be spanked for being so horribly wrong

the way i understand it you will need 1 of the battlemaster commondations for ANY piece of the battlemaster gear, that actually makes it a lot easier to get the pieces you want and will have no effect on the time it takes to get your full set at all...

This is why the op and others should be banned for making up stuff that is not true.

I won't be renewing my account if this is as it appears to be. I know some others in my guild feel the same, and any serious pvper who hasn't got battlemaster yet is going to be mad when they learn of this.

Any serious PvPer wouldn't care about afkers with good gear.

I cannot fathom why you guys are so intent on attacking him, they are making a severely grind-fest system harder for those who didn't either A) Have no life or B) Botted. Unless there is a pricing change or a commendations per bag increase, your looking a months to complete a battlemaster pvp set.

No they are not. The op is a liar and making stuff up

You are completely pointless by not realizing what he is saying. He is not saying that unrandomizing it is a bad thing. He is saying that making it take a week to get 1 piece of gear is. Lets act like the centurion system is going to be similar to the battlemaster comms. 3 comms a bag is what you would get and a piece of armor would cost 39. That 13 bags for 1 piece of gear. You can only get 2 battlemaster bags a day so if you start out on a fresh week and do all the dailys and weeklys you will only get a piece of loot every 6 days no matter how many hours you grind. Im sure he's all for unrandomizing it he just doesnt think the way they went about it is right.

Yeah and we all know how many commendations are in bags and what are the item costs so we can discuss. RIIGHHHTT........

Edited by Daex

I seem to recall being hyped for a game with tons of stuff to do, an amazing storyline that's worth checking out and awesome world pvp. Turns out time and again you're punished for not preordering in July and powerleveling to 50.

The pvp gearing is completely asinine. With a tiny bit of luck it takes more effort to farm centurion gear than champion gear, ridiculous. The simplest (not the most elegant really) solution is to reverse the gear bags in a manner of speaking. (High chance for cent gear with a low chance for champ comms)

Nevar forget the pvp blues. Anyone that actually used them (people who rushed to 50) said they were quite nice starter pvp gear.

This launch is a bit messy, honestly. There's a lot of bugs. There have been a lot of exploits with potential game unbalancing side effects. I still like the game, but the pvp experience is trying hard to change my mind. I have a love-hate relationship with pvp. I'm not much of a raider. I don't like getting involved in processes that require hours of my undivided attention, I call that a job.

I don't know. I want to be constructive, I really do, but I have a fear that the people in charge just don't get it.

Honestly, I really don't know how to fix this stuff. I'm not a game developer. I'm not a musician either, but I know bad music when I hear it. What I hear is a band with a lot of potential that needs to get their act together.

Rofl at your uninformed and simpleminded ranting.

The Battlemaster rng bags is rng. About as rng as the champion bags is, with even less chance of drops in them.

The Battlemaster mainhand has 6 more dps than the Champion one. Huge difference brah.

This isn't a season, there are no seasons. That phrase was coined after the WoW Arena seasons. Do you see anything rated around here yet?

Afking in warzones give significantly less Valor, the battlemasters I play with went hard medal farm to get their rank asap, not afking.

This is a good change. A really good change. Now shush.

It's actually not an exploit to play a lot of warzones and get battlemaster a week or two ago

these forums have shown consistently they don't understand that word though anyways

These forums' Resolve bar for Logic is stuck on full, needs a bug fix.

If you're better than me it's because you;

a) have no life

b) exploited

c) afked

d) cheated in some other way

e) all of the above

and you deserve to be banned from the game. No one can be better than me legitly.

Edited by KaiHeilos

If you're better than me it's because you;

a) have no life

b) eploited

c) afked

d) cheated in some other way

e) all of the above

and you deserve to be banned from the game. No one can be better than me legitly.

True story.

People should have also got banned that exploited to 50 and have or almost have full Battlemaster sets. It wasn't working as intended to hit 50 in 1-2 days but every server has more than a handful of these people.

lol banned? They didn't even get a 1-week slap, setback, nothing.

They made those rapid gains on a broken system and are now playing kings of the hill with their battlemastered-out toons.

Utterly lame.

Oh let me say this first before the elitists show up too.

If you were TRULY a SERIOUS PvP'er, you'd have it all already.

:rolleyes:

oh sure. being serious about pvp means i am supposed to quit all my life for my pvp rank? sorry i am studying, working aside to it, having kung fu practice, guitar lessons and friends to meet and still i am serious about pvp and only rank 52 yet. i feel horrible now as you destroyed my picture of life oO

You realize that the only way to get Battlemaster bags is to do PVP daily/weekly quests right?

Quests being:

Daily-

1) Win 3 matchs

2) Take 5 Ilum points

Weekly-

1) Win 9 warzones

2) Take 15 Ilum points

Not to mention a lot of times warzones will decide to not count themselves towards the quests.

My main is currently 59, almost Valor 60 you can buy 2 Implants and an Earpiece each for the price of a Champion bag(200 Mercenary and 200 Warzone comms).

So I'm not exactly sure how afking in a warzone is helping anyone.

The upcoming change will greatly slow down the ownership of Battlemaster stuff - but people who jipped the system already have all that stuff anyways so the only people getting punished are legitmate playerbase who didnt exploit to get their top tier gear asap.

The most hilarious and sad thing about this is this "legitimate" playerbase will have to gear up in the most painful way possible, through getting brutally roflstomped from morning till night in the 50 only WZ bracket by completely decked out premades that benefitted from the current system.

Face it, SWTOR is a surprisingly decent game. But Bioware completely dropped the ball when it comes to PvP, in more than just a couple ways.

This is where their lack of experience truly shows.

Edited by mufutiz

You are completely pointless by not realizing what he is saying. He is not saying that unrandomizing it is a bad thing. He is saying that making it take a week to get 1 piece of gear is. Lets act like the centurion system is going to be similar to the battlemaster comms. 3 comms a bag is what you would get and a piece of armor would cost 39. That 13 bags for 1 piece of gear. You can only get 2 battlemaster bags a day so if you start out on a fresh week and do all the dailys and weeklys you will only get a piece of loot every 6 days no matter how many hours you grind. Im sure he's all for unrandomizing it he just doesnt think the way they went about it is right.

No, no, no, no, no! I already told you guys, It has been confirmed through play testing, look back at page 10 where I posted the link...

ONE BATTLEMASTER COMMENDATION CAN BE TRADED FOR ANY PIECE OF BATTLEMASTER GEAR!!!!!

Each battlemaster bag will contain either 1 battlemaster commendation and 1 champion, or 3 champion commendations. the only reason they switched them to commendations was to remove the RNG. There will be no extended grinding...if you get a battlemaster commendation, you get a piece of armor

EDIT: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=159045

EDIT 2: Aaaand, any unassembled parts you have now will be turned into a battlemaster commendation on the 17th. So don't spend them now if you are going to get a duplicate, just wait, and you can get whatever you want for it

Edited by Bajak

1.1 notes:

"battlemaster gear tokens have been converted into battlemaster commendations, which can be used to purchase any battlemaster gear. This allows players to purchase any piece of gear instead of requiring them to purchase the piece indicated by the token.

Battlemaster bags now contain battlemaster commendations instead of battlemaster gear tokens. They still also contain champion commendations."

so, those who got battlemaster the first couple weeks by afking in warzones 24/7 should have nearly full sets due to random drops from bags. As of the next patch, legitimate new and future battlemasters will get 1 item every couple weeks by getting 6 comms per day. This assumes the commendation prices are consistent with centurion/champion gear.

I won't be renewing my account if this is as it appears to be. I know some others in my guild feel the same, and any serious pvper who hasn't got battlemaster yet is going to be mad when they learn of this.

this is such an outrage, god bioware making the gear actually purchasable like **** how could they, what jerks, god i'm so mad right now i'm going to threaten to quit like omg. Some people are really mean and afk stuff because every mmo ever hasn't had afk people or botters or exploiters and i'm so mad because it's all biowares fault and omg i'm so mad i'm raging omg

I first started reading this post and thought to myself "wow, the person that started this thread is going to get wrecked on this forum". But as I read the responses, I was amazed at the number of people that actually agreed with him. I know a large portion of us have made the shift from a "polished", years in the making, billion dollar MMO that many of you crybabies keep comparing this game to (you know who you are and what game I'm talking about). If that game is so great why would you have even wanted to try something new?

This game was released with some issues. However I wouldn't consider ANY of them worthy of the constant complaining, crying, and threats of quitting or unsubscribing. If this game were in its 4th year and some of these "problems" hadn't been addressed, then you may have an argument. It's been out for ONE MONTH. for those of you who have a hard time wrapping your brain around that; that's 4 weeks, 30 days. If you expected a perfect, more polished game that you wouldn't change anything about upon the initial release, you are probably impossible to please and I'm guessing will never be happy no matter what changes are made.

Do us all a favor and either make good on your threat and leave the rest of us to enjoy this great game, or deal with the game as it is like EVERYONE else is and learn to enjoy the good things about it. Be patient and the changes will come.

lol banned? They didn't even get a 1-week slap, setback, nothing.

They made those rapid gains on a broken system and are now playing kings of the hill with their battlemastered-out toons.

Utterly lame.

This +1. Bug abuse, get to 50, get no penalty, be full battlemaster = profit.

Now you are full bm and it will take "new" 50s something like what, 6 months to get full BM gear.

And most ppl dont even understand that the problem with the brackets is that lv50s have a ton of expertise. BMs even more. The sad thing just how many of them got there in the first place.