What's the rationale for the increasing wait times for a medical probe?

Patizor

there is almost no penalty for dying, and a medical probe is an EXTREMELY convenient way to rez and the time on is should be extended if you die over and over. why are you complaining about it?

i guess long gone are the days of corpse runs in EQ that took you an hour :p

maybe to prevent people from "die-jacking" their way though difficult content to do things like swipe chests and such.

You basicly have no death penalty to speak of...quit crying.

Edited by LeComte

%@$ I guess there isn't enough waiting in this game as it is.

Play the game and stop dieing. Take a moment to actually think about what you are going to do, its how these games are played. I miss the days when death actually meant a loss of xp or worse. Its easy mode these days so button your lip Nancy.

I agree with you OP. I'm not paying Bioware to watch a timer. Only takes 3 deaths and you are supposed to wait around 10 minutes, or start all the way back across the map and fight your way back to where you can try again? I don't think so.

The "time out" punishment is just there to make an already annoyed player feel worse I guess. It's a slap in the face IMO, a disrespect to the (paying) player.

LOL. "Play the game"? That's your intelligent response?

I want to play the game. But I can't. Because I have to wait.

And I sure would like to know: why?

They are using it as a very small death penalty. Most MMO makers (actually all i think) will put some form of death penalty in so that there are consequences for dying, it could be arun back to your corpse or a variety of other things,.

With no death penalty, there is no consequence for death and you would be able to pick off harder content by killing one creature and dying, etc.

This is probably the most inconsequential and small death penalty i've ever seen in an MMO which is why some people aren't taking the complaint seriously.

Edited by TheHeadCapper

How do people die so much to even see this timer. it's beyond me.

My guesses:

1. Different classes are harder to play. This may be due to bad spell rotation, bad talent tree selections, or bad companion choices, or not upgrading the companion gear.

2. Players not being sufficient level. I see this with people that skip optional quests so that when they get to a new area with their class quests, they are not properly leveled for it.

3. People can't find groups due to a lack of a good LFG tool, so they try to solo heroic content.

4. Something I experience a lot, and invent words when it happens, patrols that "Join" my fights and overload my ability to deal with it.

They are using it as a very small death penalty. Most MMO makers (actually all i think) will put some form of death penalty in so that there are consequences for dying, it could be arun back to your corpse or a variety of other things,.

But this game already has insanely high repair costs.

With no death penalty, there is no consequence for death and you would be able to pick off harder content by killing one creature and dying, etc.

But that's what I'm doing anyway. I'm not going to give up on a mission because I was defeated.

I agree with you OP. I'm not paying Bioware to watch a timer. Only takes 3 deaths and you are supposed to wait around 10 minutes, or start all the way back across the map and fight your way back to where you can try again? I don't think so.

The "time out" punishment is just there to make an already annoyed player feel worse I guess. It's a slap in the face IMO, a disrespect to the (paying) player.

This is very inaccurate. First, 3 deaths is about a 1 minute wait. Second, "all the way back across the map" is misleading. I've found that the med camp is usually pretty close and you only have two fight 3 or 4 mobs (at most).

As people have mentioned, the "time out" punishment is to prevent people from just killing themselves over and over and not actually play through the game. There HAS to be consequences to death, otherwise it becomes pointless to even quest. The combination of repair bills and time out is the perfect punishment for failure. Kind of similar to real life, you know; we tend to prevent death as much as possible due to the repercussions (namely, not being able to live anymore, which is a bit more sever than in this game).

But this game already has insanely high repair costs.

I would disagree, compraed to again other MMO's the repair cost is insignificant. I didn't even notice it myself.

But that's what I'm doing anyway. I'm not going to give up on a mission because I was defeated.

And that's good, but when you fail there needs to be a consequence. of course i prefer games like Dark Souls so consequence in games makes them more exciting for me.

Edited by TheHeadCapper

If you really feel that bw is slapping you in the face, the only logical solution is to stop giving them money and go elsewhere. Vote with your wallet.

I usually respawn at the med camp if it isn't too far, especially if it is early in a quest. This way I saw the onsite revives for when I need them. If I need more than 3 onsite revives, it might be time to head back to camp and regroup anyways.

My guesses:

1. Different classes are harder to play. This may be due to bad spell rotation, bad talent tree selections, or bad companion choices, or not upgrading the companion gear.

2. Players not being sufficient level. I see this with people that skip optional quests so that when they get to a new area with their class quests, they are not properly leveled for it.

3. People can't find groups due to a lack of a good LFG tool, so they try to solo heroic content.

4. Something I experience a lot, and invent words when it happens, patrols that "Join" my fights and overload my ability to deal with it.

All of these are avoidable by players that learn from their mistakes.

I usually respawn at the med camp if it isn't too far, especially if it is early in a quest. This way I saw the onsite revives for when I need them. If I need more than 3 onsite revives, it might be time to head back to camp and regroup anyways.

That's what I do. If I've died 3 times, I'm obviously doing something wrong. So I head back and try something new.