SwTOR is dying?

Blogmonster

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a way we can tell. Log onto peak hours and look at the server list. Early on near release date, the servers were heavy or very heavy. My server was listed as very heavy and now it's mostly standard.

Very heavy and queues still.

I've been watching west coast pve servers for our guild that's going to choose a different server for our sith alts. A full two page of very heavy PVE - WEst coast servers in prime time last night with significantly less standard pop and nothing light.

Keep in mind some people are rerolling to very heavy servers. We have seen a number of rerolls on our server and have recruited a number of people into our guild who just did that.

You know they increased cap size of most servers to eliminate que, yes?

Please tell me you knew that.

Don't spread this lie. A mass amount of people quit all at once to come cry on the forums. That is why EVERY server went from FULL or VERY HEAVY to standard to heavy.

No way they increased server population caps or such. No way. This game is ded. Totally ded.

Two million+ Box sales says Facebook isn't quite a good indicator of health.

:jawa_redface:

This "everyone" comes from the people that actually have played other MMOs. Clearly this is your first MMO. Welcome to MMOs. :D

Clearly you say? Mhm. You have not a clue who I am or what I've done, so why do you act as if it's fact? So, by your logic, whoever likes this game is new to MMO's? By the way, I'm not a new comer to MMO's. Good try though! Been watching this game since about this time 2010. I have an account that dates back that far, but since there was difficulties with my account when I bought the game and trying to log in, I made this account just so I could play. I guess I should start using my old account for the forums, and my new one for the game then, so as people won't immidiately jump to the conclusion that I'm a new comer and hassle me around b/c of when I joined these forums. Been playing MMO's for years.

Edited by TruCompany

Half my guilds already quit, went back to Rift for raiding, we cleared normal content on 1st night of raiding, plus all the bugs in game and lack of customer support:(

All I can say is game was released a good 6months at least too early.

Half my guilds already quit, went back to Rift for raiding, we cleared normal content on 1st night of raiding, plus all the bugs in game and lack of customer support:(

Rift? Really?

Not knocking you, just....really?

Both arguments are irrelevant. I'm enjoying the game, and will play until that is no longer the case. You can tell me the ship is sinking, but i'm staying on board until the fun is gone. Conversely, If i'm not enjoying a game, you can say all day long that the ship is unsinkable and i'm still gonna jump over board.

I think I've read two "TOR is dying" threads over the past month. On the other hand, I've read dozens of "TOR is Thriving, take that haters!" counterthreads.

If the game is doing so well, why do you have to defend it so hard? I don't even think it's doing poorly. It just feels like segments of the community are trying extra hard.

ive seen 10 in the past 30 minutes? Where are you looking..?

Also @ op

Likes on facebook requires someone playing and owning this game right?

It also requires someone to have liked it post release right?

The game is awesome! The community as well!

Yes, there are bugs and Bioware is working on them.

For those haters and/or Blizzard spies employeers, go find something more productive to do, because every doom and gloom thread you create, is just rain of LOL's and /coolstorybro's replies.

because Facebook is the ideal scale to measure a games success

:rolleyes:

OK, let's try these then...

• Over 2 Million units sold in under 4 weeks
  • Fastest growing MMO EVER!
  • Over 350,000 concurrent logged in users
  • 1 million Jedi created over Christmas

Yes, they do look like the stats of a game that is dying...:rolleyes:

If the game is doing so well, why do you have to defend it so hard? I don't even think it's doing poorly. It just feels like segments of the community are trying extra hard.

Perhaps it has something to do with the continous flood of negative troll posts we get on the General, you know... :rolleyes:

Edited by Rouge

I also lament on how the game is dying when i get home from work and sit in a queue to get in my server :)

Edited by TheHeadCapper

Yes, isn't hype awesome ?!? It can show a turd as the ultimate treasure...until people actually have it in their hands. :D

I'm always amazed how wealthy the MMO players seem to be on average based on these quitting claims. Supposedly a lot of people who buy a game and then stop playing far before the 30 days would be full and going back to another game and paying for it too....

All the credit for RIFT, I've played it, but it's not comparable to SWTOR. A good take on traditional fantasy MMO, but it pales in comparison.

I'm always amazed how wealthy the MMO players seem to be on average based on these quitting claims. Supposedly a lot of people who buy a game and then stop playing far before the 30 days would be full and going back to another game and paying for it too....

All the credit for RIFT, I've played it, but it's not comparable to SWTOR. A good take on traditional fantasy MMO, but it pales in comparison.

I found RIFT to be a decent game as well, that had a good launch (for the most part, like any MMO it had problems, bugs etc and there was the matter of a the huge security hole that affected thousands of players that wasn't fixed until a player figured out how to reproduce it and told TRION).

It also launched with far less content than SW:TOR, in a much smaller game world. I agree with your assessment of it being a good take on traditional fantasy, and that was my biggest issue with it personally, I'm just plain sick of fantasy MMO's. I also find SW:TOR to be a far better game.