Please stop posting scrubby rage scoresheets

nuwn

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure it was you who posted your 500k damage rage in a void star so please. As long as you get further than the opposing team (more doors) you win, whats the problem?

Rage is not the best for pvp, its just most sub 50's have no clue how to deal with it. Having to stack build 2 buffs to deal your burst is the worst mechanic for pvp, and i dont know how people are so blind. Its ridiculously easy to counter.

Actually if your annih you want to focus on tanks and healers as it really shines in longer fights, where as rage and carnage would struggle.

If you had some reading comprehension you'd see my thread was about my biggest hit, not about damage done. 500k damage is an average voidstar for any half decent player with a healer on him.

Rage is not easy to counter since the smash buffs last for a long time.

Rage spec takes less damage, does more burst which can be saved and timed, has more mobility and can swap targets very easily. It's simply logic. Use some.

Again, any dps spec in the game can dump out 500k. Annihilation is cute for pve encounters but use your brain and look at the talents. Rage is a pvp focused build and no other spec in the game can put out pressure on multiple targets like it does.

This isn't against level 20s, many people on my server are full champ and I still blow them up.

Edited by Kricys

Again, any dps spec in the game can dump out 500k. Annihilation is cute for pve encounters but use your brain and look at the talents. Rage is a pvp focused build and no other spec in the game can put out pressure on multiple targets like it does.

I'm not 50 yet, but my two cents so far from what I've read, experienced, and watched from my colleagues is that you are correct in many facets of what you point out here. I do believe any DPS can pump out 500k damage, but more importantly, any specialization. Looking at the three trees for Mara's alone it's obvious some are better suited at certain things. Many people have said this before and I agree with them - Anni is great, but you have to get all of your bleeds on them and is more single-target based with a wind up time. If you can pull it off, great! That's awesome! I hope to get practiced enough to do so in the near future. Full time job and school are keeping me limited on my game time.

However, I support the fact that rage seems to do a few things better: AoE (Obviously) which the main point is the split DPS. If you're healing one target, you can keep up with it much easier than if 3 targets are dropped at relatively similar rates for a fast burst. Not saying this is game breaking or "better" necessarily, but it makes the healer make a choice. Pick wrong, someone dies. In my fair share of PvP in other games (of course not only WoW otherwise I wouldn't be talking), this seems to be a vital point. Making people make a decision and capitalizing upon it.

Secondly, it makes it easier to switch targets. Since I mentioned this, Rage also has better mobility due to the extra jump, to my understanding. In most pvp scenarios, I see this being *technically* more effective. Is one better? No, not really.

Just a thought. I'm trying to learn stuff here as well. :)

If you had some reading comprehension you'd see my thread was about my biggest hit, not about damage done. 500k damage is an average voidstar for any half decent player with a healer on him.

Rage is not easy to counter since the smash buffs last for a long time.

Rage spec takes less damage, does more burst which can be saved and timed, has more mobility and can swap targets very easily. It's simply logic. Use some.

This isn't against level 20s, many people on my server are full champ and I still blow them up.

Annihilation is our best spec in general. I've tried em all, and it is by far the spec with the most utility. Honestly all the specs do a crap load of dmg.

Annihilation is our best spec in general. I've tried em all, and it is by far the spec with the most utility. Honestly all the specs do a crap load of dmg.

I agree. If there was dual spec I'd have an annihilation spec for pve, just not a fan of the bleed mechanics. Not gonna swing the 100k respec every time tho. I pvp more than anything so there's really no better choice than rage. Best mobility, burst and survivability out of the 3 trees.

Edited by Kricys

So does the kills column just show how many of the people you damaged ended up dead?

It really should show people that you killed. Meaning: You landed more damage on that person than anyone else did, then they died.

It means you have good healers.

Mostly means you avoid dying. I almost never have pocket healers and I can get about 40+ kills without dying. It's simple really. Medpack, Predation, Undying Rage, Force Camouflage. Easy ways to get away/not die.

Edited by BarcodeX

Hater? All I said is that 61 kills = not dying, which is 100% true.

Man some people are so touchy.

lol not touchy at all. It's just laughable how some people are so unwilling to give out credit when credit is due, healers or not. Hater.

So does the kills column just show how many of the people you damaged ended up dead?

It really should show people that you killed. Meaning: You landed more damage on that person than anyone else did, then they died.

Kills column is how many players died within your vicinity.

If you mouse over the number, it shows your deathblows.

lol not touchy at all. It's just laughable how some people are so unwilling to give out credit when credit is due, healers or not. Hater.

I didn't indicate whether or not I was giving the original poster 'credit'. I was correcting the poster that implied that 61 kills "means" something more than "you stayed alive".

Calm down, bro.

I agree. If there was dual spec I'd have an annihilation spec for pve, just not a fan of the bleed mechanics. Not gonna swing the 100k respec every time tho. I pvp more than anything so there's really no better choice than rage. Best mobility, burst and survivability out of the 3 trees.

Mobility - arguable - we have lower cd on leap and up to 0 range - almost equivalent to oblitarate which has only 10 yard range, again not better mobility in my opinion just a different flavour

Burst - deffo rage has it better, but the consistent damage output from Anni performs better due to constant crit ticks(caus berserk is up almost twice a battle)

Survivbility - Anni outshines Rage by far in this so no rage is not better, we can outlive a rage by a LOT and ive played both specs.. We pretty much can have two full health bars if your biochem due to self heals and the constant ticks from the crits which are often

Anni is just better than rage in certain situations and vice versa , rage is not better than Anni neither is Anni better than rage so i dont agree that Rage is the best.. its jus playstyle

Edited by Majinr

I like the burst that comes with rage, and the numbers, but annihilation has a nice combination of mobility, survivability, and damage.

I use to like carnage until I played with these specializations. Buffs and damage are just higher on Rage and Annihilation, and despite what some say Annihilation the ability is in fact a burst ability, and criting on that can cause a big panic on one individual.

I still think Rage needs some rethought, and without a doubt Carnage needs a buff.

Gore doesn't last long enough, and the whole specialization is built around spamming force scream and massacre, and Carnage never reaches the numbers of Annihilation or Rage without some serious ignorance on the opposing teams part.

A Rage or Annihilation Marauder can be focused and their abilities, buffs, and damage will not suffer for it, but the moment a Carnage Marauder becomes the soul focus of someone with CC and KB it becomes apparent how weak the specialization really is.

By no means am I saying a player is doing it wrong by playing Carnage, but if that same individual takes the time to test out Annihilation and Rage he or she will come to realize how behind the curb the specialization really is.

Play what you want, but realize certian specializations are better and stronger.

Mobility - arguable - we have lower cd on leap and up to 0 range - almost equivalent to oblitarate which has only 10 yard range, again not better mobility in my opinion just a different flavour

I think Rage takes the win here just because of the obliterate speed bonus. Either way both specs are great and are both enjoyable. If you are killing people, getting big numbers and having fun doing it then comparing doesn't really matter :D