Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Sad to see some people quiting already....

BegaTasty

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see how they have 1.7 mil sub. My server Naddist Rebels we had around 70+ guild members on Republic side at one point. Now there is only 2-3 of us left. Lots of them gave up with the game. A few couldn't take the lag anymore. Some said they couldn't take the population imbalance anymore so they re-rolled Empire (yes that will really help the Republic population). A few couldn't take the problems with PVP anymore so they quit.

I know some left to RIFT and some went back to WOW. I've already canceled my subscription. I'm STILL hopeful though that things will shape up. I really like the game but the current gameplay and population issues with Republic is just aggravating. If things get better after awhile, I may return.

well they have a little time left before wow becomes hello panda island of warcraft. We dont have any lag issues on our server so i can't complain about that. I did rift, it was wow lite, good for the people who couldnt excel at wow, you might have fun there I guess. PvP needs work here, im sure its on the way just as it had to for rift wow and every other mmo at launch. Oh and GW2 looks stupid, i doubt you'll go there. But, go where you have fun, thats the bottom line.

i must agree, my guild of 118 players, has about 20 remaining. I am not sure where BW are pulling their "we have 1.7 million active subs" figure from, maybe that was taken the week after launch.

I've never seen a mmo fail so fast, and i've seen AoC, WAR, Aion and Rift fail hard.

Why do you ppl assume because they are not in your guild anymore that they quit the game? Maybe your guild just sucks so they found a better one. I have been in 3 so far and finally found a really good one.

Don't make silly assumptions. All you can really go by is the zone numbers. OF COURSE it will be dropping off. Everyone under the sun will play the free month. Then subs will level off. then they will climb again as new content is intoduced and word gets out about how good it is. Personally I love it. And it is missing a LOT of stuff. They will add this stuff.

I would rather sit through loading screens that are twice as long as they are now that\n go back to playing WoW. Puke.

Edited by sithkllr

it's a shame what is slowly happening to the game, Tor was a great idea, an a fun game (still is) but retailing the game with no content is a BAD THING!.... I talk to alot of 50s on my server, (swiftsure) an many of em are saying already they are probably not gonna make it past free month.

Understandable when you consider theres no pvp, no reason to world pvp, botting/farming BG's wears out in a day...

The raids if your into that, are always full but even if they wernt, what are you doing it for ? just to get a shiny so you can do it all again....

pointless, I dont know how to fix it, other than to start fixing pvp an stop trying to instance everything. World pvp doesn't belong in an instance, its world pvp for a reason....

I know for me, my chars are only in high 30s, an I am already feeling like I cant be bothered logging in till evening most days for as few hours.

Now I know the fanboys will call me silly names, an put down my comments, but that doesn't change anything, alot of people are getting bored already, an with GW2 coming out in 3 months, tor really needs to pick up its pace. I know I wont be subbing for another three months with the state of pvp an game in general as it stands.

my two mates quit the game last week after hitting 50 cos it was just mind numbing apparently....I am not far off, an i know of at least 3 guys who have had enough.

just like any mmo, there are always people quiting and there are always people right behind them to subscribe. its not like people are leaving and there are no new subscriptions. its the way of the mmo

Edited by Malpracticex

i must agree, my guild of 118 players, has about 20 remaining. I am not sure where BW are pulling their "we have 1.7 million active subs" figure from, maybe that was taken the week after launch.

I've never seen a mmo fail so fast, and i've seen AoC, WAR, Aion and Rift fail hard.

They had 1.7 million at the end of last quarter - that's where the numbers came from.

There has been no announcement of current subscribers.

I am like many contributors My son and i have accounts we have just cancelled we reached Battlemaster in PVP and now there is nothing to do, so we have gone back to that game which we cant mention or the marketing and sensorship team of TOR will remove the post.

No added PVP, no arena, no battlegrounds only games, and a buggy warzone that doesnt creit you with wins, whats not to love. I will call back on forums from time to time to see if there are changes but i doubt it.

I am like many contributors My son and i have accounts we have just cancelled we reached Battlemaster in PVP and now there is nothing to do, so we have gone back to that game which we cant mention or the marketing and sensorship team of TOR will remove the post.

No added PVP, no arena, no battlegrounds only games, and a buggy warzone that doesnt creit you with wins, whats not to love. I will call back on forums from time to time to see if there are changes but i doubt it.

you and your son should consider a job or some pursuit other than 9hrs daily in front of the computer. You cannot tell me casual play saw u both reach battlemaster in a month and now you "have nothing to do." Did you also get a full tier 3 OPS gear? maxed all your tradeskills and supplied your guildmates with all the purple items you need hardmode boss drops for? You've completed all 8 class quests? You have nothing to do at all??

You mean... a game in development for 5 years and just released has less content than a game that was developed for 6 years and has been live and had almost eight years of continued development?

THIS IS UNPOSSIBLE, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

There is no game development company in the world that was going to just let Bioware sit on this game until they had 8 years of additional content pre-added. They answer to shareholders.

You work on the game until the word comes down from upstairs: ship it or find a new job.

you and your son should consider a job or some pursuit other than 9hrs daily in front of the computer. You cannot tell me casual play saw u both reach battlemaster in a month and now you "have nothing to do."

I grinded to Battlemaster while working full time over the course of a month or so. It's doable. I played with a premade 95% of the time and we won 95% of the games.

Edited by ComeAndSee

Grinding out 800 WZ comms while dealing with premades in near full pvp gear for a chance at champion gear because weeklys/dailies are done is just not appealing.

Yep This is where i lost intrest. Takes hours to win 3 warzones for 1 stupid bag that has a random chance at something i can use. NOT FUN

Grinding out 800 WZ comms while dealing with premades in near full pvp gear for a chance at champion gear because weeklys/dailies are done is just not appealing.

we can also say, it is not fun.

but fun (the FUN) is the reason why i play this kind of games.

MMO companies trade their product "fun" as rare as if they would give out something "worthfull".

That might be the reason why i feel pretty mutch burned out of MMOs by big companies and thats also a reason, why i prefer a WoW fanart-server from time to time.

At all, SWTOR just came to life.

I heared, WoW got a guildbank after 3 years ... BW .. i dont wait that long for our guild ship/bank/city/partylocation ... incredible already, that these things are not in from start.

You dont have 1,7 million subs because the game is so great.

You have these subs because you sell StarWars (THAT STARWARS we all grown up with).

Nevertheless i feel a bit Cryptic StarTrek fiasco ... advertised the epic and delivered the fail.

you and your son should consider a job or some pursuit other than 9hrs daily in front of the computer. You cannot tell me casual play saw u both reach battlemaster in a month and now you "have nothing to do." Did you also get a full tier 3 OPS gear? maxed all your tradeskills and supplied your guildmates with all the purple items you need hardmode boss drops for? You've completed all 8 class quests? You have nothing to do at all??

I am a wealthy man I do as I please i live on my royalties from the DVDs and books I have written i play games for leisure.

I have done most of these things I have 4 chars and to be honest its tedius its the same quests for all chars. I PVP i find little accomplshment in raids trying to beat a computer programme. The thread is why have people given up and I put my view of why I have quit. Quite simply there are better games to play PVP in

I'm still having fun despite the faction balance issue among other things. I'm holding out for some fixes but of course if too many people leave these fixes will come much more slowly if at all. I have played many mmo's and watched a few crash and burn. My favorite example would be Vanguard, sooo much potential wasted. If a large enough player base remains to fund it they will fix it though, I also hear Conan is a fun game now, just a little late.

I think they did good with the wz's personally and I run them for hours and would continue to run them gear rewards or no.

Dear people who are quitting,

You are what is known as a "vocal minority".

I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy the game, or it didn't live up to your expectations, or that you think you are protesting something. But the fact of the matter is, many other people love it and enjoy it, and to be honest, don't care if you are quitting.

That is all.

Sincerely,

The Silent Majority.

I am a wealthy man I do as I please i live on my royalties from the DVDs and books I have written i play games for leisure.

I have done most of these things I have 4 chars and to be honest its tedius its the same quests for all chars. I PVP i find little accomplshment in raids trying to beat a computer programme. The thread is why have people given up and I put my view of why I have quit. Quite simply there are better games to play PVP in

With writing like that, they must have been bestsellers. Jokes aside, I'm assuming English is a second or third language of yours.

With regard to the topic at hand...I get that this game just isn't for some people, but I don't think the fault lies with the devs. As far as content is concerned, this game has more 1-49 content per character than any new MMO I've seen in recent years. I heartily enjoy Warzone PvP, though I agree that their World PvP leaves a lot to be desired. The end-game hard mode flashpoints and ops missions, as well as world bosses, are decent to moderately entertaining, though they'll need to add more in time. But really, I can't think of any MMO that had months of end-game content upon release. That's just not how the industry works...and to expect that is just ignorance.

I'm going to continue enjoying the game for another three months or so to see what content the developers come out with. I usually don't play MMOs longer than that, so I'll have gotten my money's worth if they keep me entertained until then. So far so good.

For those curious, I have a Powertech (50), Marauder(50), Sorcerer (25) and Operative (21) (Made the Operative after the nerf). I've enjoyed each and every class.

They had 1.7 million at the end of last quarter - that's where the numbers came from.

There has been no announcement of current subscribers.

I think there are around 170 servers total, yes? It should average out to around ~1500 players on each server at any given point (not accounting for prime times). Is that believable? I dunno...maybe. I know on my server, Republic doesn't go past a few hundred at primetime. I guess if Imps outnumber us by ~3-4:1, it works out. Barely. Only at primetime though.

Still, maybe I am on a slow server (twin spears).

It's a possible current number...unlikely from where I am sitting, but possible.

it's a shame what is slowly happening to the game, Tor was a great idea, an a fun game (still is) but retailing the game with no content is a BAD THING!.... I talk to alot of 50s on my server, (swiftsure) an many of em are saying already they are probably not gonna make it past free month.

Understandable when you consider theres no pvp, no reason to world pvp, botting/farming BG's wears out in a day...

The raids if your into that, are always full but even if they wernt, what are you doing it for ? just to get a shiny so you can do it all again....

pointless, I dont know how to fix it, other than to start fixing pvp an stop trying to instance everything. World pvp doesn't belong in an instance, its world pvp for a reason....

I know for me, my chars are only in high 30s, an I am already feeling like I cant be bothered logging in till evening most days for as few hours.

Now I know the fanboys will call me silly names, an put down my comments, but that doesn't change anything, alot of people are getting bored already, an with GW2 coming out in 3 months, tor really needs to pick up its pace. I know I wont be subbing for another three months with the state of pvp an game in general as it stands.

my two mates quit the game last week after hitting 50 cos it was just mind numbing apparently....I am not far off, an i know of at least 3 guys who have had enough.

How are you any different than the people whom you claim are going to flame you for making such a negative comment on the game. Just cause you say it doesnt make it accurate, simply because youre not happy with your situation doesnt expand to the entire fanbase.... wait... didnt i see this exact threat complaint a month ago... lol....

(edit) 35 pages lol who brought this thread back to page 1?

Edited by LeonkRAV

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.