Legacy System details

LordMuffins

Wow, so the stupid "part of the same family" thing is focused on even more - down to having to force characters who have nothing to do with one another into a family tree.

Yet, we still know nothing of interest about what you get from the system.

They are masters of talking without saying anything.

Edited by ApesAmongUs

Well they said "you can actually buy some perks for your Smuggler character, so he might, for example, be able to buy a speeder bike at a much earlier level than your first character, allowing you to travel through the world faster". It's at least something

Wow, so the stupid "part of the same family" thing is focused on even more - down to having to force characters who have nothing to do with one another into a family tree.

Get mounts earlier, customized gear, other attack abilities.

What about that is not saying anything?

I'd be pumped for mounts at earlier levels

I really want to see how a family tree with a Miralukan, Pureblood Sith, Mirialan, and Twilek makes any sense.

Of course, I suppose they would HAVE to adopt in order to have children...

The article said that:

The most famous family relationship in cinema almost is Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. So with the Legacy system, you can make your characters the sons, daughters, brothers, friends of your main character. All of the characters you have within the family tree that you've created, they all gain experience.

The part I've emphasized indicates that those characters will be friends or acquaintences of your main character and thus part of his or her legacy.

While I'd like to have more flexibility with last names (especially since my preferred surname was already taken by the time I got to unlock the legacy), I can live with characters who don't work as blood family simply being part of the legacy.

The way your character earns XP can even be altered, "[The Smuggler] might be able to customize how he gets experience points, so he gets more experience points from playing the PvP game. You're able to essentially focus on the activities that you want to focus on in your next playthrough," Ohlen concluded.

Uh, *********** awesome?!

Legacy experience points span multiple characters. They accumulate to help you earn Legacy levels which in turn unlock abilities, perks and "bind on Legacy" items. Legacy perks can range from attacks to the ability to customize your next toon's experience.

Oden gave an example "You create a Jedi Knight, you level him up to level 40 and then you decide you want to try out the Smuggler. Because you've already got the Legacy open, you've got some Legacy levels, you've got some Legacy points... you can actually buy some perks for your Smuggler character, so he might, for example, be able to buy a speeder bike at a much earlier level than your first character, allowing you to travel through the world faster."

The way your character earns XP can even be altered, "[The Smuggler] might be able to customize how he gets experience points, so he gets more experience points from playing the PvP game. You're able to essentially focus on the activities that you want to focus on in your next playthrough," Ohlen concluded.

All this looks good to me. Not sure why people are complaining about the "Family Tree" thing, we already knew there was intended relation as all your character's have the same surname.

i'm at 20 and i'm still going, i don't think anyone is much higher than that yet, even if they are it would only be by 3-4 i would think

I believe max is 25, some tool was complaining about how they got to Legacy level 25 and got nothing for it like a week ago.

• 2 weeks later...

To all those complaining about the family tree thing being stupid:

If you don't like it, just disregard it.

If you think about it, it's no less stupid than being a light side Jedi who cuts through legions of average joes only to spare the evil mastermind in the end because you're "merciful" :D Or lightsabers not cutting through even a slave girl's bikini in one strike.

It's one of the many aspects of videogames we should just not take at face value and filter to our personal preference.

After reading the article I still dont know much more than I did before. Id like to know more what kind of 'perks' we can get. If I could use legacy xp to buy some decent looking custom gear for my main character instead of the columni monstrosities Im interested. Edited by Karkais

i'm at 20 and i'm still going, i don't think anyone is much higher than that yet, even if they are it would only be by 3-4 i would think

I believe max is 25, some tool was complaining about how they got to Legacy level 25 and got nothing for it like a week ago.

both of you are wrong, i know a guy that is level 30 legacy. he have 4 50lvl toons.

I really want to see how a family tree with a Miralukan, Pureblood Sith, Mirialan, and Twilek makes any sense.

Of course, I suppose they would HAVE to adopt in order to have children...

He actually does say so in the interview, either you adopted or spouse of another your characters.

Just don't see how for instance a sith warrior and Vette can't have a twilek child, if its possible for the Sith race to breed with humans, why can't a human not breed with a another humanoid like a Twilek?

Edited by Barzarel